• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
No truth to this at all. He did more defensively than our centrebacks. Would have conceded more if it wasn’t for his last ditch defending. Had the most interceptions in the team too.
Fair enough you've convinced me there, will change my opinion now.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Actually forgot he was on tbh, he’s been alright recently as well.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I didn't really notice him yesterday apart from a couple of good defensive bits. It was a performance like most of his others so at this stage, I'm not sure if it was good or bad. Elneny was comfortably bad :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
What a player does doesn't matter, it's how he makes people feel inside that counts.

Having a better player in might be hard to visualise without that player coming in, but it is like some new technology you buy that afterwards you don’t know how you managed without it. Elneny is functional. no more than that. Xhaka is adequate but I’m starting to feel he is a version of Elneny with his passing where he also plays it somewhat safe because his technical passing ability actually is not that great.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Xhaka is one of the best DLP’s in the league. Jorginho is his biggest competition. I truly believe Xhaka has the edge.

I hear too many people on twitter go on about how “Xhaka slows the game down and hinders us” etc... It’s because he’s intelligent and does it with intent. It helps us not hinders us. Some football knowledge will give you the insight as to how and why that you need.

novar

One can only hope getting him out of the team improves the midfield as much as getting Mustafi out of the team improved the defense.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
He’s been overplayed and looked knackered against Southampton though (still played well). Had too much weight to carry on his shoulders. Could do with a rest.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Xhaka is one of the best DLP’s in the league. Jorginho is his biggest competition. I truly believe Xhaka has the edge.

I hear too many people on twitter go on about how “Xhaka slows the game down and hinders us” etc... It’s because he’s intelligent and does it with intent. It helps us not hinders us. Some football knowledge will give you the insight as to how and why that you need.

Come on. Jorginho isn't even a definite starter for Chelsea and there are only a couple of extreme Xhaka lovers. Surely it can't be that everyone else is blind while only a couple of people see the true greatness that is Granit Xhaka?

I'm not as negative on Xhaka as most on here, I think he's our best midfielder after Partey. But he has flaws, makes regular mistakes.. Why is that then, if he's world class? And please don't say that all of our managers 'aren't using him correctly'.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Xhaka and Jorginho are some of the reasons why Arsenal and Chelsea have lost their edge as the biggest clubs in London. Ffs imagine going from Vieira and Petit and Makekele and Essien to Xhaka and Cellabos and Jorginho and Kovavic. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Why do you think we bought Partey in the summer and Chelsea were desperate for Rice?
Sp**s know the drill, none of that Harry Winks nonsense. Nope they have a powerful midfield with Ndombele and Holjberg.
And I can tell you don't watch much football because the best DLP this season has been Gundogan of City. He's been immense and has made Rodri look like a footballer again. But of course, you like mediocrity so I wouldn't expect you to rate Gundogan highly.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka and Jorginho are some of the reasons why Arsenal and Chelsea have lost their edge as the biggest clubs in London. Ffs imagine going from Vieira and Petit and Makekele and Essien to Xhaka and Cellabos and Jorginho and Kovavic. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Why do you think we bought Partey in the summer and Chelsea were desperate for Rice?
Sp**s know the drill, none of that Harry Winks nonsense. Nope they have a powerful midfield with Ndombele and Holjberg.
And I can tell you don't watch much football because the best DLP this season has been Gundogan of City. He's been immense and has made Rodri look like a footballer again. But of course, you like mediocrity so I wouldn't expect you to rate Gundogan highly.

Ndombele can be as good as he wants

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Very simple analysis from your side really. If he was world class, you'd be able to convince a lot of people just because the player would pass the general eye test. Unfortunately he often doesn't.
He’ll just turn around and say “only a select few understand what Xhaka does”. He has no true argument to prove Xhaka’s world class abilities. He’ll probably go ahead and misuse some statistics to only be owned by @RacingPhoton. He has nothing worthwhile to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom