• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
its been xhaka who has held it together .. in the face mind you of some of the vilest incel whining from people who supposedly are fans.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka has had a decent personal season, but so much has happened over the years people are understandably weary or don't take to him. Xhaka/his fans have to accept this.

Myself I gave up on him early in his Arsenal career but currently he passes my eye and stats test. Over a sustained period too (Chelsea onwards), I have no complaints.

You just know a moment of madness from him is just around the corner though, that's what stops me from outright saying he's the guy.

We need a CM this summer, not necessarily because of Xhaka, but more so we see less Elneny and assuming we won't keep Ceballos.
He's been rock solid since Chelsea, the problem in recent years is that we've relied too heavily on him. Once Ramsey left, who the **** did we have in that group? He's not a glaring hole here, he has a moment of madness in him but I don't mind him staying as long as he's not a guaranteed starter week in and week out. We desperately need to add quality to our midfield options.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Become so important to this side.

This is so impressive. Xhaka's engine is the most underrated aspect to his game. Bloke is never injured and can play basically every game in a season. He's also been very solid on the whole since Artetas come in and provides stability to this side.

I think Xhaka-Partey has looked the most solid part of the team this season, it would be crazy to tinker with it next summer when we have glaring holes in other areas of the team.

He ran the most against Leicester with 11.2km. Second was Tillemans with 11.1 and third Cedric with 11.0

Can’t believe Xhaka’s main midfield partner have been Guendouzi (warming the bench at Hertha) and Elneny in the last 3 years. Chosing Arsenal was such a bad career move for him personally if you think about it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Definitely goes up a gear next to a better player, he’s one of those kinda guys. I feel like since Partey started with him he actually started being consistent, like it gave him a confidence boost. The balance Partey brings also helps.

Last edited:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

He ran the most against Leicester with 11.2km. Second was Tillemans with 11.1 and third Cedric with 11.0

Can’t believe Xhaka’s main midfield partner have been Guendouzi (warming the bench at Hertha) and Elneny in the last 3 years. Chosing Arsenal was such a bad career move for him personally if you think about it.

ffs :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Guess is time for him to pull one of his mindless Xhaka moments? Would rather he does it now and gets it out of his system before we get deeper into Europa.
Well, he had the mistake yesterday. The red against Burnley. Still well below his normal average. And he has stopped his mindless long square passes that were just waiting to be intercepted. He has improved under Arteta. One plodding under-talented midfielder to another...

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Twelve 90 minutes in a row is damn impressive tbh. As some people have already made a connection to Giroud I won’t beat a dead horse but it’s lowkey funny how the guys who hold us back are always available.

Yeah and if we had Tim Cahill, Benni Mccarthy, Scotty Parker they'd always be available too, maybe play 13 games in a row. Wouldn't have won anything though because the most those guys would give you is a 6.5/10.

That stat only tells us that he's always fit and the manager picks him. It isn't like we've got a Vieira or Zidane on the bench that Xhaka is keeping out of the team.

I swear people like to use every single other metric except a player's actual quality on a football pitch to declare how good he is.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Are we not forgetting when he first came here he was paired with Ramsey and Cazorla. And Arsenal choosing him was the bad move. Xhaka going to Arsenal was the highlight of his career, if he went to any other serious top club he would be at loan to Newcastle by now. Please, let’s be honest with ourselves. We’ve been poor for some time now. Pretty much most top clubs could come in and take Xhaka off us if they believed he was worth it and no serious club has looked to him. There’s a reason for that.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Lol. Xhaka has been bang on average. Nothing about his game is better. The only thing that has changed is how the rest of the team has been playing DESPITE him being a constant in our midfield. He doesn't get injured because he doesn't move fast enough to get injured. Lol. We need a better player in the summer.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Honestly this guy is so frustrating. The second you decide he's cooked and absolutely must be sold he goes and puts a string of solid performances together. Like you know he's never gonna win you the league and yet it seems the team can't function without him. You really need to upgrade on him but actually it's quite difficult to upgrade on him.

I wish he'd just be unequivocally bad or good so I don't have to think about it anymore.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Am I hearing this right, that Xhaka made a mistake in moving to Arsenal?

The guys literally made a half decade career here out of being a fairly talented footballer with serious physical flaws and with a penchant for doing stupid things, repeatedly, with very little consequences from either of the 3 managers he's played under here. No serious club would have put up with him.

I'll stand by my view that after the armband incident he should never have played for the club again. To me that was unforgivable.

Would Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool etc have put up with this guy as a consistent starting player given everything he's done and the dozen + ridiculous points costing mistakes he's made here. Would they hell. I'm not even sure Sp**s would to be honest.

He should be thanking his lucky stars that he lucked into Arsenal during the start of our decline.

He's had good 2-3 month spells before. He always ends up reverting to type. You can't put any faith in him to have upped his game long term after what we've seen approaching the past 5 years.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No manager at Arsenal did make xhaka improve his discipline or stopped him make stupid mistakes it's in him he always said he believes in his ability no matter what. There will be always 3-4 games in season where xhaka just completely lost it we saw it this season against Burnley and Sp**s but as i said in his normal day he very good midfielder.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You can never fully trust Granit at this point, too much has happened since he has been here ( I think he get's off easy with the armband incident as @Blood on the Tracks says, as he grouped that in with a separate issue and it wasn't addressed properly imo) that being said...we probably have too much to do though in terms of transfers this summer to worry about a new CM, so it's good he is looking quality next to Partey...and if Thomas can stay fit next year, I am confident in a Partey-Xhaka midfield for another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom