• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
He's been here 5 years and the damage he's wreaked on us is devastating. Ability wise, of course we've had worse but most of those, Vivas, Stepanovs etc were squadies who didn't last long. Xhaks and Musti have been first teamers and genuinely caused us serious harm. Anyone excusing them should be slapped.

blaze_of_glory

Flamini first time round was top drawer or pretty near. Denilson was underwhelming but in terms of keeping us ticking over in a possession based team, he was okay most weeks. No constant glaring mistakes. Elneny and Ceballos aren't starters and one isn't our player.
Petit, Platt, Vieira, Gilberto, Edu Cesc, Santi, Coq, Song, Hleb, Nasri, Ramsey, Arteta (lol) were all starters and all comfortably better.
Partey has been injured all season. Not hard for Xhaka to be better than a one legged man in about three games.
If he's a positive influence, it can only be because he's a convenient scapegoat to hide behind and because his team mates look at him and feel happy they're not as cr#p as he is.
I agree with all of that as well. We've had mostly outstanding midfielders as during the Wenger years we attracted and made top talents. Like you said, standards have fallen. Xhaka is still better than the players I mentioned imo and get's **** on more than he deserves.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I agree with all of that as well. We've had mostly outstanding midfielders as during the Wenger years we attracted and made top talents. Like you said, standards have fallen. Xhaka is still better than the players I mentioned imo and get's **** on more than he deserves.
He does get a lot of stick. I just don't think we can afford to keep him in any capacity.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Arteta is still here in like 4 seasons, but is still making the same mistakes he was making in this one...then yeah, I will want him to be moved on as our coach :lol:

I am surprised there are so many Xhaka fans at Arsenal, at this point tbh...him and Mustafi pretty much sum up everything wrong with the club these past 5 years, they symbolize where it all went wrong...though I think Xhaka is a good player, unlike Mustafi, who could be very good in a different league, just not this one.

Think sometimes, after a good few years of constant ****s up from Granit, it would just be best if he is moved on.

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
I dunno, I mean a guy shows up every game and works his ass off for the team I'm not gonna hate him.
I don’t see him playing below his capabilities as other have and TBF he has been one of our most consistent performers. I am not going to throw stones at him because of a single mistake. I am disappointed that his teammates couldn’t score to erase his error.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Thinking about it, I'm 'Jury lite' because certain mods hate me for bashing their beloved Xhaka repeatedly & not because I have similar views as Jury does. I never hated Özil as much as hey does, pro Wenger & not that big of a fan of Arteta but he I'm his discount version just because we both think Xhaka is crap like most people

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Thinking about it, I'm 'Jury lite' because certain mods hate me for bashing their beloved Xhaka repeatedly & not because I have similar views as Jury does. I never hated Özil as much as hey does, pro Wenger & not that big of a fan of Arteta but he I'm his discount version just because we both think Xhaka is crap like most people
Better Jury lite than Blaze of Glory lite. That guy is a freaking mess!

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Seems like maybe we should be beating Burnley regardless of one mistake but that's just me.
Liverpool won the league last season

They beat Southampton, Sheffield, Villa, Palace, Brighton, Wolves, Sp**s twice and Bournemouth by one goal. Not including top teams like Chelsea in this list.

So basically they didn't deserve to win the league because they should be beating these teams by 6 goals, right? With Xhaka in their midfield instead conceding a goal in these games, they'd have lost the league to City.

So I guess Liverpool are a **** team and it wouldn't be Xhaka's fault?

Kav

Established Member
I've only ever commented on him as a player. I listen to other posters positive opinions and I try to see what they see. I've tempered my comments in the interest of forum harmony, but to be honest, I think he's rubbish. The best thing about him as a player have been his few goals and his durability (which feels more like a hindrance as he plays). No doubt after a fit Partey, he's the best we have but the midfield is dross so that means nothing. I watch videos of past midfielders in every midfield position and there isn't one that I hate seeing on the pitch like I do Xhaka. Every match I'm literally banging my head in frustration. I'm not angry about him throwing down the shirt and I don't want an apology for any past misdeeds. I just want him gone. Social media and opinions here haven't influenced me but there's something depressing about him that even his handsome face doesn't make up for. He seems a nice guy but there's a lingering whiff of Gazidis and StatDNA about his signing. He's been wrong from day one and not even a performance that many will hail as good looks good to me because the bar is set so low. We may not improve and even get worse if he's sold in the summer, but the renewed hope of the slimmest chance of success will be enough to cheer the start of the new season. He's become the poster boy for our poor management and on field decline more than any other player. I wish him well elsewhere. I guess I'm triggered :(
I appreciate objectivity.

Xhaka is a divisive figure just like Willian, Pepe and Luiz. He’s not going to appeal to everyone with his style of play and skill set. He’s made a lot of errors some of which have cost the club dearly. What is interesting is the amount of chances he gets to play. I am at a loss for words as to why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom