• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Tut tut tut, getting a ticking off on a football forum because bog doesn't like a bit of stick :lol: soft touch this site has become

Legend14

Established Member
But the problem it isn't a 'single' mistake. We have seen this movie many time before, haven't we? At some point you have to say enough is enough.
I think two this year, correct? He has played almost every game, so two mistakes doesn’t seem extraordinary. When games are so close because we can’t score goals anything the defense does wrong is backbreaking.

I don’t think he is the impact player we need, but he, Saka, and Leno have been holding us together. Too much drama over this mistake as calamitous as it was.

Jae

I think two this year, correct? He has played almost every game, so two mistakes doesn’t seem extraordinary. When games are so close because we can’t score goals anything the defense does wrong is backbreaking.

I don’t think he is the impact player we need, but he, Saka, and Leno have been holding us together. Too much drama over this mistake as calamitous as it was.
And yet of you take every little "mistake" that we've made this season out of the equation we probably have an extra 10 points, which would have us sat in 4th. Games are decided by fine margins. Mistakes cost you games.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I just can’t understand why you’d demand the ball there if you had no idea what to do with it.

I initially put some blame on Leno but it’s a soft pass, doesn’t need to be controlled. But that’s Xhaka, often takes two, three touches before moving it on.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Tut tut tut, getting a ticking off on a football forum because bog doesn't like a bit of stick :lol: soft touch this site has become

Wasnt BOG that edited it, I don’t mind you saying that stuff to someone’s face but saying it over the net that’s the epitome of soft.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I just can’t understand why you’d demand the ball there if you had no idea what to do with it.

I initially put some blame on Leno but it’s a soft pass, doesn’t need to be controlled. But that’s Xhaka, often takes two, three touches before moving it on.
Watching this it is so clear it is on Xhaka. He creates the whole situation and then screws it up by his lack of quality. Just utterly pathetic.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

96/97: 3rd
97/98: 1st
98/99: 2nd
99/00: 2nd
00/01: 2nd
01/02: 1st
02/03: 2nd
03/04: 1st
04/05: 2nd
05/06: 4th
06/07: 4th
07/08: 3rd
08/09: 4th
09/10: 3rd
10/11: 4th
11/12: 3rd
12/13: 4th
13/14: 4th
14/15: 3rd
15/16: 2nd

Arsenal sign Granit Xhaka

16/17: 5th
17/18: 6th
18/19: 5th
19/20: 8th
20/21: Currently 10th.

Shivering right now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Woods' shrugged shoulders celebration, sums up Arsenal right now :lol:

Riou

Remember when we were signing him in 2016?

Everyone knew he was an Arsenal player, but of course the club were waiting the whole summer so they could make one of their stupid announcement tweets/vids that no one cares about...then Xhaka's wife posted a pic of them outside the Arsenal training ground.

I think that was her way of saying... "Lads, Granit isn't worth a ridiculous announcement package...trust me, you will see why when you see him play."

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I’m scratching my head at the mental gymnastics attempting to pin this on Leno. Xhaka sprints fully 20 yards towards him to get the ball and like you said had no idea what he was going to do next.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Remember when we were signing him in 2016?

Everyone knew he was an Arsenal player, but of course the club were waiting the whole summer so they could make one of their stupid announcement tweets/vids that no one cares about...then Xhaka's wife posted a pic of them outside the Arsenal training ground.

I think that was her way of saying... "Lads, Granit isn't worth a ridiculous announcement package...trust me, you will see why when you see him play."
I’ve never trusted the Bumdesliga since. The comps on him made him look like a left footed Xabi Alonso, they must have sped up his running in those comps as well.

Stick Saka in that league and he’s doing what Sancho is, same goes for Greenwood, Foden and CHO.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’ve never trusted the Bumdesliga since. The comps on him made him look like a left footed Xabi Alonso, they must have sped up his running in those comps as well.

Stick Saka in that league and he’s doing what Sancho is, same goes for Greenwood, Foden and CHO.
Yeah absolute joke league. Xhaka and Kola proved that right, and now Werner and Havertz are doing the same thing.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah absolute joke league. Xhaka and Kola proved that right, and now Werner and Havertz are doing the same thing.
I said when Chelsea signed Havertz that he was the German Dele Alli. Think it was that Hairspray fella who said he wasn’t.

Once again, I win.

Riou

Never rated the Mustafi transfer, something about his face just screamed terrible defender, but I thought Granit was gonna be amazing, thought he was gonna be our missing piece in midfield...instead he just destroyed our midfield more or less, trying to accommodate him.

"Xhaka and Pogba, the new Vieira and Keane" :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom