• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I hope any abuse is criticism directed solely at his footballing ability and doesn't cross the line. Amen to the latter.
Maybe I should have stated my agreement to that comment like this. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten a warning from the mods. I have never abused Xhaka on here for anything apart from his severe lack of football intelligence.

Legend14

Established Member
And yet of you take every little "mistake" that we've made this season out of the equation we probably have an extra 10 points, which would have us sat in 4th. Games are decided by fine margins. Mistakes cost you games.
Not scoring costs us games. Attacking every mistake is a sign of a punitive mentality, not a winning one. Mistakes are made every game by every team, every player. ManCity make mistakes, but they score goals to compensate. Xhaka has made 2 this season. Let’s support players who play hard for us.

say yes

forum master baiter
Serious question then, who can we buy this summer to partner Partey?

Ideally, someone with a similar profile to Xhaka (DM, progressive passer, physically capable) without the constant mistakes.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not scoring costs us games. Attacking every mistake is a sign of a punitive mentality, not a winning one. Mistakes are made every game by every team, every player. ManCity make mistakes, but they score goals to compensate. Xhaka has made 2 this season. Let’s support players who play hard for us.
This is just silly reasoning, don’t you see that yourself? One doesn’t have anything to do with the other.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Serious question then, who can we buy this summer to partner Partey?

Ideally, someone with a similar profile to Xhaka (DM, progressive passer, physically capable) without the constant mistakes.
Does it have to be the same profile though? Maybe go for a more mobile and technical player like Aouar, Bennacer or a similar type of ilk

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Maybe I should have stated my agreement to that comment like this. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten a warning from the mods. I have never abused Xhaka on here for anything apart from his severe lack of football intelligence.
Ooh. Didn't know you ran I to trouble. With Manberg previously policing this thread like Robocop, I've felt it necessary to spell some things out so as not to fall prey to strawmanning and ever moving goal posts.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I’m not going to kick Switzerland’s answer to Charlie Adam when he’s down because he was on a good run of form before this but this is what you get with him. You can never rely on him to be consistently good because he simply isn’t a top class player and never will be. He’s not good enough to play for a top team that’s it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Never rated the Mustafi transfer, something about his face just screamed terrible defender, but I thought Granit was gonna be amazing, thought he was gonna be our missing piece in midfield...instead he just destroyed our midfield more or less, trying to accommodate him.

"Xhaka and Pogba, the new Vieira and Keane" :facepalm:
This is the real killer. Not many will admit it but you have Luiz having to do a fair bit of playmaking and then Laca dropping in to midfield to set up an attack. We then have exhausted forwards who make lots of runs that aren't seen (Xhaka not solely at fault here). Add the slow tempo he sets allowing every opponent to form a low block and and he's a big hindrance. The midfield is what holds any team together. It's the anchor. We need to move on completely. I don't even want him as a squad option.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
As long as Arteta is here, I wouldn't expect any changes around Xhaka. We don't have an internal substitute for him unless AMN somehow develops and comes back as a new CM, and Azeez is too young.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Saw the phrase ‘Xhaka tax‘ on Twitter and thought that was a very apt way of describing him. For all his good games, you know you’re going to pay for it at some point.
Like death and taxes, Xhaka’s mistakes are the one of the few certainties in life... 😞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom