• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Don't forget that we have one in Luiz as well, it's just luck that he didn't cost us in the last few games, he is probably saving it to knock us out of the EL
Rather have Luiz than this bum tbh as Luiz can be still great at times but this bum is average at his best & makes even more mistakes

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shakey player when he started for sure, but a half decent midfielder by the time he left.

He genuinely improved and went to Barca, unfair to lump him in with Xhaka I think.

Yeah, he was a bit of an underrated passer, there is a really good comp of his passing on Youtube...was a key player in 4 Arsenal teams that always finished in the top four, he was a good player.

Song was the player who's brilliant pass found Thierry, for his comeback goal v Leeds in 2012...that alone takes Alex to a level above Xhaka!

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Mods @American_Gooner @blaze_of_glory @yousif_arsenal can we get a poll going to gauge the consensus on this guy?

Something like - “What should we do with Xhaka this summer?”
- 100% keep, good player
- Improve if we can, but if not keep
- Just get rid

In fact, you could probably put a poll like that into most player threads :lol:

What's got into you recently? You sound like Riou.

Iceman10

Established Member
Have been ok with Xhaka the last couple of months, although I still want him mainly in squad competition if he stays, not an automatic regular starter. Errors happen from time to time, not that they should be easily tolerated, but I do think focus on him for the Burnley match draws focus away from multiple things adding up and contributing to the dropped points. We still should have won even allowing for the opposition to score one goal due to an error.

Riou

Felt the same way about Ramsey but no one would listen then either

Ramsey wasn't on their level, more a moments player, as he was too inconsistent...some great moments though.

Saying that Cesc wasn't on Vieira's level, no other midfielder we have had is on Paddy's level.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ramsey wasn't on their level, more a moments player, as he was too incocnsistent...some great moments though.

Saying that Cesc wasn't on Vieira's level, no other midfielder we have had is on Paddy's level.
Mature Cesc was as influential in his team as Vieira was in his though. Carried the team and dictated the style. He's one of the greatest PL CMs ever.

He did some bad stuff near the end no doubt but he's a PL great.

Ramsey couldn't even stop a ball dead :lol:

Riou

Mature Cesc was as influential in his team as Vieira was in his though. Carried the team and dictated the style. He's one of the greatest PL CMs ever.

He did some bad stuff near the end no doubt but he's a PL great.

Ramsey couldn't even stop a ball dead :lol:

Poor Aaron :lol:

Don't get me wrong Cesc was a top player for us, partners Paddy in my best Wenger 11...it's more how highly I rate Vieira, than downplaying Fabregas...in defence and attack, I have never seen a player like Patrick.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Poor Aaron :lol:

Don't get me wrong Cesc was a top player for us, partners Paddy in my best Wenger 11...it's more how highly I rate Vieira, than downplaying Fabregas...in defence and attack, I have never seen a player like Patrick.

Yeah he was mad. Complete player

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If Xhaka were to leave, what club would be in for him? And be realistic, if I see anyone say Bayern Munich or Real Madrid or those level of clubs I’m going to assume your Manburg and request to get you blocked.

I’m asking this because the number of players to have left Arsenal that are playing for significantly worse clubs is astounding. Guendouzi, Kolasanic and Mustafi are at relegation fodder Schalke and Hertha Berlin, Willock and AMN are in a relegation scrap. Sokratis and Özil couldn’t even find clubs at the top level in Europe. And poor little Torreira can’t even buy minutes at Athletico. It’s funny how much division these players have caused us. It’s always good to see them move on because you can see how rated they are outside an Arsenal view.

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
If Xhaka were to leave, what club would be in for him? And be realistic, if I see anyone say Bayern Munich or Real Madrid or those level of clubs I’m going to assume your Manburg and request to get you blocked.

I’m asking this because the number of players to have left Arsenal that are playing for significantly worse clubs is astounding. Guendouzi, Kolasanic and Mustafi are at relegation fodder Shalke and Hertha Berlin, Willock and AMN are in a relegation scrap. Sokratis and Özil couldn’t even find clubs at the top level in Europe. And poor little Torreira can’t even buy minutes at Athletico. It’s funny how much division these players have caused us. It’s always good to see them move on because you can see how rated they are outside an Arsenal view.
Hertha would probably be in for him like before, there's no way a decent club goes any where near him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom