• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

96/97: 3rd
97/98: 1st
98/99: 2nd
99/00: 2nd
00/01: 2nd
01/02: 1st
02/03: 2nd
03/04: 1st
04/05: 2nd
05/06: 4th
06/07: 4th
07/08: 3rd
08/09: 4th
09/10: 3rd
10/11: 4th
11/12: 3rd
12/13: 4th
13/14: 4th
14/15: 3rd
15/16: 2nd

Arsenal sign Granit Xhaka

16/17: 5th
17/18: 6th
18/19: 5th
19/20: 8th
20/21: Currently 10th.

Shivering right now.
Coincides with Giroud’s reduced role and then sale :shivering:

Harz

Honestly feels like he's the type of guy who would just see out his contract if we tried to push him out. In the best case scenario he'd leave for a mid-table Bundesliga side and we'd have to subsidize his ridiculous £100k p/w salary.

This bum cost in the £40.5m pre-Neymar market. After years of little to no spending, our big money signings were Özil, Sanchez, Xhaka and Mustafi. It was such a stupid decision not to get Kante, he clearly wanted us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s been one of our better players this season. The real issue here is that our midfield options are absolutely terrible. Xhaka in a reduced role or in a rotation group is an excellent option, maybe one of the best in the league outside City,

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka alone didn't contribute for our decline since signing there so many wrong decisions club made during wenger Ivan then raul and emery lead to that . With Granit we won 2 fa cups and reached the EL final for first time since 2006. He Average/decent player the club put too much faith on him and they know he capable of mistakes leading to goals and 2-3 red cards a season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lucas Torreira cost 25M and has barely kicked a ball for this club. Guendouzi was signed as a development project and just been thrown aside. El Neny is maybe one of the worst footballers in the league, and the club is invested in Cebellos who isn’t even our player and plays 2 good games a season. Partey was signed and then mishandled and now he’s playing like he’s carrying an injury or trying to avoid an injury.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lucas Torreira cost 25M and has barely kicked a ball for this club. Guendouzi was signed as a development project and just been thrown aside. El Neny is maybe one of the worst footballers in the league, and the club is invested in Cebellos who isn’t even our player and plays 2 good games a season. Partey was signed and then mishandled and now he’s playing like he’s carrying an injury or trying to avoid an injury.
Elneny is a player that knows his limitations and is willing to accept criticism for it but Xhaka actually think he's better than he is.

Torreira was a poor signing in hindsight. We could have gotten Doucoure for similar amount and he'd partnering Partey now. I don't know what Arteta was smoking when he decided to give Ceballos another go. It's madness. We have a youngster who is as good or probably better than Ceballos in Germany.

Some decisions being made at this club are just mind-boggling.

mirrorstare

If we do what we did with Mustafi and pay Xhaka to leave I wouldn't be mad about it to be honest.

The real problem here is that the person that matters, Arteta, likes him and wants him to stay. He's the reason Xhaka is still here after all.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
If Xhaka were to leave, what club would be in for him? And be realistic, if I see anyone say Bayern Munich or Real Madrid or those level of clubs I’m going to assume your Manburg and request to get you blocked.

I’m asking this because the number of players to have left Arsenal that are playing for significantly worse clubs is astounding. Guendouzi, Kolasanic and Mustafi are at relegation fodder Schalke and Hertha Berlin, Willock and AMN are in a relegation scrap. Sokratis and Özil couldn’t even find clubs at the top level in Europe. And poor little Torreira can’t even buy minutes at Athletico. It’s funny how much division these players have caused us. It’s always good to see them move on because you can see how rated they are outside an Arsenal view.
Brighton

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We so should have sold him to them the first time around. Not sure they would come in for him again. Was hoping he would play well until seasons end so we could offload him more easily, but of course he decides to pollute the nest instead.
Xhaka is not going anywhere as long as Arteta is here.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
For the first time in his Arsenal career I have recently found myself defending Xhaka, not any longer. Its not just because of the stupid pass, its because that stupid pass reminded me that he is another Mustafi, a player who can turn comfort into pain in a split second. Its a mental thing, something snaps in his brain and he does something no professional player should be doing. We could keep him as a squad player but I don't see the point because at some point in the future he will make that stupid reckless decision again. Sell!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If Xhaka were to leave, what club would be in for him? And be realistic, if I see anyone say Bayern Munich or Real Madrid or those level of clubs I’m going to assume your Manburg and request to get you blocked.

I’m asking this because the number of players to have left Arsenal that are playing for significantly worse clubs is astounding. Guendouzi, Kolasanic and Mustafi are at relegation fodder Schalke and Hertha Berlin, Willock and AMN are in a relegation scrap. Sokratis and Özil couldn’t even find clubs at the top level in Europe. And poor little Torreira can’t even buy minutes at Athletico. It’s funny how much division these players have caused us. It’s always good to see them move on because you can see how rated they are outside an Arsenal view.

I believe plenty of clubs would 'want' him but wont be able to afford him due to wages and the fee we'd accept.

German (not Bayern) and Italian clubs would be all over him if the price was correct, he'd probably even start for top Italian clubs outside of Juventus.

Playing in Bundesliga or Serie A he would probably do a decent job as long as you left him out of the big games.

sammy89

With most of those players, they were really good at lower levels and we were hoping that they could make the jump to a higher level. It's a risk that most clubs without oil money must take regularly. For whatever reason, the risk has been backfiring time and again in the last 10 years.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Honestly feels like he's the type of guy who would just see out his contract if we tried to push him out. In the best case scenario he'd leave for a mid-table Bundesliga side and we'd have to subsidize his ridiculous £100k p/w salary.

This bum cost in the £40.5m pre-Neymar market. After years of little to no spending, our big money signings were Özil, Sanchez, Xhaka and Mustafi. It was such a stupid decision not to get Kante, he clearly wanted us.
I don't think he'd see out his contract especially if he is told at the end of this season, that he won't be registered for any comps. Emery was clear with Wilshere. Arteta needs to be clear with Xhaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom