• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Undiagnosed Glaucoma, Retinitis pigmentosa, a compressed optic nerve or historical concussion has led to a degradation of this players peripheral vision.

It could be that he already suspects and is keeping quiet to maintain his income. I’d probably do the same tbh.

Always suspected Clichy had the same thing. We all recall that fateful day in Birmingham.

MikeVinna

Established Member
This guy has effectively ended our Premier League campaign when you think about it. All eyes on Europa League now. I imagine he will start on thursday.

Harz

Did we ever make a Swiss signing that worked out? Off the top of my head, I can only think of Xhaka, Djourou, Lichtsteiner and Senderos.

blaze_of_glory

Xhaka alone didn't contribute for our decline since signing there so many wrong decisions club made during wenger Ivan then raul and emery lead to that . With Granit we won 2 fa cups and reached the EL final for first time since 2006. He Average/decent player the club put too much faith on him and they know he capable of mistakes leading to goals and 2-3 red cards a season.
According to ESPN, he's only had three since joining. Two in in his first season here and then none until the one in December.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This will never happen so it's moot to hope.
Maybe not but let’s say we buy a certified midfielder to partner Partey. Obviously, that’s gonna give him a hint to where he’s gonna be in the pecking order. At 28/29 years old he’s an international captain and a “leader”, he is looking for his last big contract. He probably wants assurances that he’ll be a starter and the length of contract is important, also he may have aspirations to play in CL football again. Maybe he may seek a move if an interesting offer came.

Harz

Maybe not but let’s say we buy a certified midfielder to partner Partey. Obviously, that’s gonna give him a hint to where he’s gonna be in the pecking order. At 28/29 years old he’s an international captain and a “leader”, he is looking for his last big contract. He probably wants assurances that he’ll be a starter and the length of contract is important, also he may have aspirations to play in CL football again. Maybe he may seek a move if an interesting offer came.
An interesting offer would never come. He won't get a better offer than the one he got from Hertha Berlin. Hope I'm wrong.

Kav

Established Member
96/97: 3rd
97/98: 1st
98/99: 2nd
99/00: 2nd
00/01: 2nd
01/02: 1st
02/03: 2nd
03/04: 1st
04/05: 2nd
05/06: 4th
06/07: 4th
07/08: 3rd
08/09: 4th
09/10: 3rd
10/11: 4th
11/12: 3rd
12/13: 4th
13/14: 4th
14/15: 3rd
15/16: 2nd

Arsenal sign Granit Xhaka

16/17: 5th
17/18: 6th
18/19: 5th
19/20: 8th
20/21: Currently 10th.

Shivering right now.
Wenger really was performing miracles that first decade.

Our recruitment since 2016 has been poor bar the last two summers.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This guy has effectively ended our Premier League campaign when you think about it. All eyes on Europa League now. I imagine he will start on thursday.
AGAIN. I was looking forward to at least passing Tottenham. That would have been the only good thing to come out of the league campaign but once again he's fvcked it up and fvcked up what little chance we had at the top 4. Hope we get rid of him in the summer

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I was reading a Football London article which said Arsenal have found their answer to Kroos and Messi! Xhaka sits 8th in the table of passes in to the final third-ahead of Messi. They do say "statistically, he's had a good season " which imo means his numbers are good as they often are, without the actual performance to match. No mention of dropped and broken Henderson being ahead of him in the table. There seems to be an awful lot of love for this guy and I don't know how this happened.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Did we ever make a Swiss signing that worked out? Off the top of my head, I can only think of Xhaka, Djourou, Lichtsteiner and Senderos.
Three of these guys cost very little so you don't mind the club taking the punt on them and then not working out. Big money for Xhaka.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Three of these guys cost very little so you don't mind the club taking the punt on them and then not working out. Big money for Xhaka.
But there wasn’t anything wrong with taking a punt on Xhaka either, he was rated highly and went on to have a decent Euros.

The problem was and still is that we persist for far too long.

Kinda funny though that fans were on Wenger’s back for not starting him when he arrived and now look. 😂

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
But there wasn’t anything wrong with taking a punt on Xhaka either, he was rated highly and went on to have a decent Euros.

The problem was and still is that we persist for far too long.

Kinda funny though that fans were on Wenger’s back for not starting him when he arrived and now look. 😂
As usual.... Wenger knew

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Not scoring costs us games. Attacking every mistake is a sign of a punitive mentality, not a winning one. Mistakes are made every game by every team, every player. ManCity make mistakes, but they score goals to compensate. Xhaka has made 2 this season. Let’s support players who play hard for us.

The problem with Xhaka isn’t just limited to mistakes though is it? We almost have to build our style around one player whose basically painfully average. Someone on here blamed Leno for giving it on his right foot... I mean if that’s what the discussion boils down to, we are in much deeper **** than we realise. The guy can’t lace the boots of someone like Cazorla for whom it was second nature receiving the ball on either foot.

A lot of Xhaka’s mistakes have come from distrust in his own technique or being pressed aggressively. We used to have midfielders who never had these problems. It’s time for us to move on and find someone more mobile and technically sound.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Switzerland doesn’t produce good footballers. He’s not even in the top 10 of the best players ithe Swiss have ever produced, and that pretty much says it all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom