• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Don't mind @kash2 he is the classic Xhaka acolyte. It's never Xhaka's fault, it's everyone around him that lets him down. Xhaka can come out and apologise and @kash2 Will tell you the grass was too long
what a bunch of whining ninnies the bum squad turns into when anyone doesnt follow their hate agenda.. probably you never met real fans who follow the game, club and players with love and affection... and not as a gladiatorial circus where hate and frustration can be vented

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
what a bunch of whining ninnies the bum squad turns into when anyone doesnt follow their hate agenda.. probably you never met real fans who follow the game, club and players with love and affection... and not as a gladiatorial circus where hate and frustration can be vented
Yeah we really are not used to 12 year old keyboard warriors calling people names when they can't actually come up with a proper argument.

Personal stuff aside, I think that was a top post by @Mrs Bergkamp. Watch the Curtis Shaw video. Most of the top teams do the same with aiming to draw and beat the press to then have the space behind the press to exploit. The problem is just execution, in this case purely with Xhaka, not Leno. You can’t blame Leno for doing something encouraged by the manager on the training pitch.
Agreed. Leno is a time bomb though unless he massively improves his game management, ball distribution and overall intelligence. Letting Martinez go was a rookie mistake.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
Agreed. Leno is a time bomb though unless he massively improves his game management, ball distribution and overall intelligence.

I think he has improved overall on some weaker aspects this season as a whole, he definitely wasn’t to blame for this Xhaka moment, but I did notice the final result at Leicester helped most of us to overlook that shortly after going one goal down against Leicester it was the case that Leno got a big lucky in that he made a loose pass that was intercepted by the Leicester forward, lucky that the forward wasn’t quite able to react fast enough to capitalise to make it 2-0.

I think he has improved overall on some weaker aspects this season as a whole, he definitely wasn’t to blame for this Xhaka moment, but I did notice the final result at Leicester helped most of us to overlook that shortly after going one goal down against Leicester it was the case that Leno got a big lucky in that he made a loose pass that was intercepted by the Leicester forward, lucky that the forward wasn’t quite able to react fast enough to capitalise to make it 2-0.
I think not, at least on those aspects. Off the top of my head, the goals vs Olympiakos last season that knocked us out and Wolves' first goal in our 2-1 defeat are all down to poor game management. If he hits the ball deep in their half and out for a throw-in, those games pan out differently 100% imo.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I grew up with Vieira bossing the Arsenal midfield, followed by Cesc. Xhaka isn’t half the player Cazorla was and Cazorla wasn’t a quarter of the player Cesc was.

10 years of ****e in midfield.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Agreed. Leno is a time bomb though unless he massively improves his game management, ball distribution and overall intelligence. Letting Martinez go was a rookie mistake.
Despite the small sample size with us, it's hard to argue against Emi. On the hand, Donnarumma is free in the summer. Should we be interested?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I noticed this and pointed it out but a lot did dismiss it because it came to nothing. XG on shot difficulty was also mentioned along with the sun in his eyes. There's a few little things that can add up.

mirrorstare

Noticed that in a game our best players were giving the ball away in dangerous areas and our suspect ones felt entitled to make a goal conceding mistake, Xhaka didn't sitck out at any point for that. Well done.

Hopefully not saving it for Sp**s, it would be heart crushing

Despite the small sample size with us, it's hard to argue against Emi. On the hand, Donnarumma is free in the summer. Should we be interested?
I don't follow football outside of the EPL so much so I had to google him. The main thing I've noticed from his Youtube compilations is that he blocks shots back to play a lot. The few times Leno has done this we almost always paid a huge price for it so I am not so sure Donnaruma would be a great buy. I must admit his name is elite for a GK though:lol:

For me, replacing Leno right now would just further highlight our **** decision making. I would instead focus on improving his passing, distribution and game management. Those are very learnable things imo.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't follow football outside of the EPL so much so I had to google him. The main thing I've noticed from his Youtube compilations is that he blocks shots back to play a lot. The few times Leno has done this we almost always paid a huge price for it so I am not so sure Donnaruma would be a great buy. I must admit his name is elite for a GK though:lol:

For me, replacing Leno right now would just further highlight our **** decision making. I would instead focus on improving his passing, distribution and game management. Those are very learnable things imo.
Donnarumma got his break at an early age and was the highest rated young GK on CIES at one point. I just threw his name out there as I've liked him on and off for a little while. I want to give every player a chance but we've been here several times before. We should be on the lookout as Leno will be entering the last two years of his contract. There's no guarantee that he will improve on those things that you've highlighted to a standard that we need. We shouldn't pin our hopes on this just yo stop looking foolish. Own our mistakes and move on. Nobody's laughing at Pep after his full back spending spree are they?

Donnarumma got his break at an early age and was the highest rated young GK on CIES at one point. I just threw his name out there as I've liked him on and off for a little while. I want to give every player a chance but we've been here several times before. We should be on the lookout as Leno will be entering the last two years of his contract. There's no guarantee that he will improve on those things that you've highlighted to a standard that we need. We shouldn't pin our hopes on this just yo stop looking foolish. Own our mistakes and move on. Nobody's laughing at Pep after his full back spending spree are they?
Good point. Mikel must however make sure that the management decisions he makes henceforth are almost flawless. We don't have the luxury of endless funds like City.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Fair play to the lad to come back after Burnley with a game like this. Excellent today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom