• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Just saw that he was 19 in 2015. Pretty rubbish comments even if very young at the time.

19 is old enough not to making comments like that, I hope and expect he's matured a bit but we'll never really know. He's said some other stuff about Casillas' wife I believe too.

I cannot speak with absolute certainty but I get to feeling that his sentiment is shared by many people in Spain toward Basque and Catalans, again I assume and hope it's a particularly high percentage but I think they view those regions with a lot of disdain. Maybe someone like @Rex Banter would know more and perhaps I'm way wide of the mark.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

19 is old enough not to making comments like that, I hope and expect he's matured a bit but we'll never really know. He's said some other stuff about Casillas' wife I believe too.

I cannot speak with absolute certainty but I get to feeling that his sentiment is shared by many people in Spain toward Basque and Catalans, again I assume and hope it's a particularly high percentage but I think they view those regions with a lot of disdain. Maybe someone like @Rex Banter would know more and perhaps I'm way wide of the mark.

Yeah it can be really grim in certain regions like the one he’s from. Depends what part of Spain you go to obviously but people say some sickening stuff about the Basques and Catalans.

Obviously the reverse is often true in the individual regions as well so like with any form of petty regional sectarianism it just makes everyone look bad.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I remember watching the Fulham game earlier in the season with my ma, it was the game where Dani was dropped for Mo and in the warm up he took out his anger on Eddie.

My mum, who rated him last year, has been done with him since then, tbh...she likes players who show some fight/passion, but said targeting a young player to pick isn't the type of player she wanted at her club.

Then I told her about the bombing remark, she wanted the loan ended after that game :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
I'd rather keep Elneny as a squad player and sell Xhaka. He may have had his best season for a while, possibly his best for us but its not enough and we wont get more from him.

Elneny will enter the last year of his contract, so it is renew or sell, and I don’t think we should renew.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

They were in 2012. Dani Ceballos publicó tweets contra el Barça y Catalunya en 2012

Young and stupid, but tbh pretty typical of a kid from a poor town / background of Sevilla. The tweet about Iker was just about how he'd **** Sara Carabonero (who wouldn't?), and saying that Iker probably has a small ****.

He's very good buds with Héctor (catalán, and quite open-minded) so you can assume he's matured a great deal in the last decade. Actually read an interview of his in El País last year which was rather interesting, not typical boiler-plate stuff you usually read from a footballer (especially a 23 yr old), with some interesting comments.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

They were in 2012. Dani Ceballos publicó tweets contra el Barça y Catalunya en 2012

Young and stupid, but tbh pretty typical of a kid from a poor town / background of Sevilla. The tweet about Iker was just about how he'd **** Sara Carabonero (who wouldn't?), and saying that Iker probably has a small ****.

He's very good buds with Héctor (catalán, and quite open-minded) so you can assume he's matured a great deal in the last decade. Actually read an interview of his in El País last year which was rather interesting, not typical boiler-plate stuff you usually read from a footballer (especially a 23 yr old), with some interesting comments.
Happy that there wasn't social media or mobile phones to take photos when I grew up! We were just immature idiots for most of the time. Glad that most of it is down the old memory hole!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Happy that there wasn't social media or mobile phones to take photos when I grew up! We were just immature idiots for most of the time. Glad that most of it is down the old memory hole!

Buf, just had a massive cringe remembering my messenger status’ when I was feeling inspired as an adolescent with Beatles or Pereza (or Julio Iglesias 🤦🏻‍♂️) lyrics.

Yes, fortunate indeed.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Buf, just had a massive cringe remembering my messenger status’ when I was feeling inspired as an adolescent with Beatles or Pereza (or Julio Iglesias 🤦🏻‍♂️) lyrics.

Yes, fortunate indeed.
i-was-very-dumb-when-i-was-14-no-twitter-no-facebook-so-i-was-dumb-in-private-will-smith-jade...jpeg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Weirdly West Ham nearly scored twice, as soon as Xhaka was subbed off :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom