• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You could make pretty much the perfect player out of our probably two most disliked players of the last few years.

Ozils talent and natural ability + Xhaka's dedication and mentality :lol:

I'm kind of over crapping on Xhaka though, he's not good enough but he's the best we currently have in the squad to partner Partey.

There's nothing that can really be done about the fact he's slow, immobile and ponderous on the ball and prone to mental lapses.

All that said and trying to be objective he's been one of our better players this season, which highlights just how poor our CM options are.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
One of our better players 2010-20 decade, actually
He’s not. He would be lucky to make our top 10 players of the last decade. He’s just blessed with fantastic fitness levels that most of the other guys don’t have. Guys like Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey and Arteta piss all over him. And that’s just midfield. Koscienly, BFG, Monreal, Sanchez, Özil, Sagna, Giroud (who I hated), Walcott were all better and more reliable than Xhaka was.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I remember when Flamini used to do this and people called him Mr. Pointy Hands and laugh at him. Look he has vocal range and his pointy technique is world class but I do feel like fans try and substitute soft factors for quality. Remember what they say. You can’t f@ck personality. He/She makes you laugh and cares about your dreams but if they looks like Susan Boyle, I’m afraid we can’t be more than friends. Same applies here. Having a good personality is nice, but it doesn’t take you to CL finals. Quality is the most important thing there is and unfortunately, Xhaka is Susan Boyle when we need Scarlet Johansson

Iceman10

Established Member
I think when some bring up that he’s been at the club for the five seasons we’ve been out of the CL, added in with certain hyperbole, he gets made out as some sort of villain central to our troubles. I don’t question his commitment, and although not always obvious watching on TV, I don’t think the plaudits about his leadership on the pitch are wrong either.

It’s getting to a point where I’m going to start defending him, probably until his next big error or hotheaded moment, lol, but like Leno there are plenty of other issues on the pitch and within our squad to consider him as a priority to fix (instead just add to CM with someone like Bissouma). He isn’t going to be sold this summer, but at the same time I don’t support a contract renewal either.

It’s hard, but as with any player I think there is an equal need to praise him when he is reasonably steady for a run of games as when there is a need to bash him for errors, lack of progressive passing, etc. It is the case though that a 10/10 performance by Xhaka is the same as a 7/10 performance by Partey.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think when some bring up that he’s been at the club for the five seasons we’ve been out of the CL, added in with certain hyperbole, he gets made out as some sort of villain central to our troubles. I don’t question his commitment, and although not always obvious watching on TV, I don’t think the plaudits about his leadership on the pitch are wrong either.

It’s getting to a point where I’m going to start defending him, probably until his next big error or hotheaded moment, lol, but like Leno there are plenty of other issues on the pitch and within our squad to consider him as a priority to fix (instead just add to CM with someone like Bissouma). He isn’t going to be sold this summer, but at the same time I don’t support a contract renewal either.

It’s hard, but as with any player I think there is an equal need to praise him when he is reasonably steady for a run of games as when there is a need to bash him for errors, lack of progressive passing, etc. It is the case though that a 10/10 performance by Xhaka is the same as a 7/10 performance by Partey.
I actually hate bashing any player but this is the root of our failed progression. Apart from Denilson, I can't think of a single midfielder who could be described as reasonably steady. It's the one area where we've had pretty consistent good quality down the years. An 18 year old Denilson who cost less than £5m is okay as steady. Not so much for our second most expensive CM.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I remember when Flamini used to do this and people called him Mr. Pointy Hands and laugh at him. Look he has vocal range and his pointy technique is world class but I do feel like fans try and substitute soft factors for quality. Remember what they say. You can’t f@ck personality. He/She makes you laugh and cares about your dreams but if they looks like Susan Boyle, I’m afraid we can’t be more than friends. Same applies here. Having a good personality is nice, but it doesn’t take you to CL finals. Quality is the most important thing there is and unfortunately, Xhaka is Susan Boyle when we need Scarlet Johansson
The club and the fanbase doesn’t deserve Scarlett Johansson really.

We stick by a questionable manager and pretty much crap on anybody not in their teens. Apart from the salary and location it’s a doo-doo club and fanbase if were honest.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He’s not. He would be lucky to make our top 10 players of the last decade. He’s just blessed with fantastic fitness levels that most of the other guys don’t have. Guys like Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey and Arteta piss all over him. And that’s just midfield. Koscienly, BFG, Monreal, Sanchez, Özil, Sagna, Giroud (who I hated), Walcott were all better and more reliable than Xhaka was.

Agree , but it's difficult to judge Xhaka...he has had some good games, some very good games...but whenever you see him, it will be hard to ever not assiocate the decline of the club with him.

Compare him to someone like Rosicky...Tommy was injured 75% of the time, so you could never rely on him like you can with Granit, who's never injured...but when you see Rosicky, you think of the football we used to play, him always turning up for Sp**s, him coming back for the last 10 games of a season and being a big reason we got Top Four...it's hard to look at Granit and not want to list all his and the club's moments of madness in his time here instead :lol:

Sometimes you just need to move on, think that time will hopefully be coming soon for both the club and the player...sometimes players just have too much ill will built up, he's not a crap player, just wrong place wrong time.

Bosniak Gooner

Imagine bashing the most technical player in the entire squad. People need to sort out their priorities.

Xhaka is the most consistent player for the past several years, yes he has his moments but it is inconsiderable when watching the rest of the dead players.

When Partey came, people were calling for Xhaka to be dropped, and yet he proved to be the better midfielder.

It's very unfair to shift a broad problem into a tiny fraction that is an average Swiss-Albanian midfielder.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Imagine bashing the most technical player in the entire squad. People need to sort out their priorities.

Xhaka is the most consistent player for the past several years, yes he has his moments but it is inconsiderable when watching the rest of the dead players.

When Partey came, people were calling for Xhaka to be dropped, and yet he proved to be the better midfielder.

It's very unfair to shift a broad problem into a tiny fraction that is an average Swiss-Albanian midfielder.
Name checks out.

Xhaka is bang average. Compare this *** to our midfield when we used to be top4 consistently and you can come to 1 conclusion. He's not the only reason but he defo is part of the decline we are currently witnessing

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

Yeah man he is the bestest midfielder in the world just because of his ethnicity😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom