• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine bashing the most technical player in the entire squad. People need to sort out their priorities.

Xhaka is the most consistent player for the past several years, yes he has his moments but it is inconsiderable when watching the rest of the dead players.

When Partey came, people were calling for Xhaka to be dropped, and yet he proved to be the better midfielder.

It's very unfair to shift a broad problem into a tiny fraction that is an average Swiss-Albanian midfielder.
That's enough, Manberg!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Although not without fault, I much prefer this version of Xhaka than the current neutered version we've seen recently. He used to be much more progressive with his passing

He has one of the best left foots in the game when comes to longer passes, and unfortunately we are just not utilizing it enough. It's his only asset as a footballer, and we can't find a use for it under Arteta.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We're doomed. We had one of the top 3 CM in the world in his prime and all we could do was finish top 4 and go to the latter stages of the CL. Now we have one of our worst starting CM ever and everyone is acting like he's Pirlo or Xavi :lol:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We're doomed. We had one of the top 3 CM in the world in his prime and all we could do was finish top 4 and go to the latter stages of the CL. Now we have one of our worst starting CM ever and everyone is acting like he's Pirlo or Xavi :lol:
The guy has played a total of 37 through balls in close to 150 matches and people are already wanking off over his attacking prowess. Not even anywhere close to Cazorla who has played 129 in 129 games. But I have to give it to Xhaka. He successfully made the fans get used to his mediocrity.

Anyways, his next mistake is not far away. We will get a respite from his fan boys for a couple of weeks when their lord sends them all back to hibernation. An average performance after that and they will all come out with a bunch of stats to prove he is the second coming of Pirlo. We have been seeing this for 5 years. Rinse and repeat.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He still is. If you make a selective video of Granit you will find tons of forward passes. There's a reason he's still among the top of progression stats.

Case in point

What has completely gone away though are his shots from outside the box. He still does it in the national team though, so I dunno why.

He has gotten a bit more conservative tho, although it may also be a consequence of lack of options at times. I mean look at the video I posted and Özil was constantly taking up excellent positions between the lines and it's a pass he made time and time again, while Ramsey was also getting forward into those inside forward areas.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

He's been performing exceptionally well over the past few months, give it a rest with the agenda crap. You're allowed to praise a player when they're doing well even if you dislike them.

I personally believe Xhaka has turned a corner, he hasn't made a mistake in a while, since the red card against Burnley he's been one of our best players, man is a machine with how much football he's played as well. Partey next to him works because Partey makes up for the lack of athleticism.

Our Henderson in the making, maybe.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Actually, all those so called mistakes are an exaggeration, but even if he does them, he is the one who plays the most minutes. He is not some cry injury prone loser. The best in PL. Has outplayed each and every single CM at Arsenal.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Mate, the guy asked me what is considered good technique and I listed them, not attributing all of it to Xhaka.

He is just a flipping DLP, ball recycling and press resisting is his job. And he does a decent job at it.

I would like for us to get proper maestro in the midfield, don't get me wrong.
Ball recycling, yes. Resisting a press, not so much. Beating a press, never seen.
Erlis red card incoming.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He's been performing exceptionally well over the past few months, give it a rest with the agenda crap. You're allowed to praise a player when they're doing well even if you dislike them.

I personally believe Xhaka has turned a corner, he hasn't made a mistake in a while, since the red card against Burnley he's been one of our best players, man is a machine with how much football he's played as well. Partey next to him works because Partey makes up for the lack of athleticism.

Our Henderson in the making, maybe.
Can't wait for you to discredit Xhaka again when defending your master Arteta.

Now who's the agenda merchant?

You bore me.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can't wait for you to discredit Xhaka again when defending your master Arteta.

Now who's the agenda merchant?

You bore me.

You're so salty and bitter with everything? Despite myself saying multiple times if Arteta gets knocked out of the EL and finishes below 8th he should go, you still harp on like those comments didn't happen?

Very strange human.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Very poor knowledge of football.

No wonder Arsenal are in the mud, when people set their priority lists backwards.

Probably the same people talking about how great Pepe is, or how the youngsters are WC talents.
Unlike you, most of the posters here don't give a crap about ethnicity & haven’t made being mid table a priority. I have been one of Pepe's biggest critics but he hasn’t stunk up the place for five years.

Wasn’t your guy only wanted by Hertha btw? I guess other big clubs & their scouts have poor football knowledge too

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Hopefully this guy leaves in the summer, so fanbase finally gets rid of his delusional fans.
Özil scenario all over again, but only this guy is criminally overrated.
At least in Özil's case it was people holding onto the fact that he absolutely was world class in his pomp and remains supremely gifted. In Xhaka’s case it's completely ignoring objective reality to ascribe values to him that he has not, does not and will not ever possess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom