• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Xhaka has been good this season. He was signed as a project and now he has turned into a steady if unspectacular player.
I'd give him a new deal.

Steady in general but rash moments arguably costing us up to 9 points in the PL this season, although of course that will be offset by routine stuff that has quietly won us some points.

This summer he has two years left on his contract, like Leno. I would give it until Jan next year after we have brought in another CM like Bissouma to decide whether to give Xhaka another contract rather than giving him.one this summer. I would renew Leno this summer because GK's are not rotated, top ones can be quite expensive, and Leno is still below peak age for most GK's.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I was clamouring for him to be sold this summer, but I’ve been impressed with the way he has just slotted into other positions and produced a high level of performance.

He can be a liability at times centrally against an aggressive pressing team, due to his lack of pace but his turn at left back has really helped provide defensive security and a quality passing outlet from that position when required. Looks like he tucks in anyway when we are in possession.

Just want him to cut out mistakes when he plays centrally

teamsoutheast

Why does everyone think he's playing left back? For me that's just his starting position. His main role in the team the past 2 games is as a half back. We utilise his strengths playing him in this position (his passing range). this seems to be a very fluid 4-2-3-1 which is 3-3-4 in attack. The half back role allows Xhaka more space to utilise his passing range and it has worked to great effect in the last 2 games.

Zaza

Steady in general but rash moments arguably costing us up to 9 points in the PL this season, although of course that will be offset by routine stuff that has quietly won us some points.

This summer he has two years left on his contract, like Leno. I would give it until Jan next year after we have brought in another CM like Bissouma to decide whether to give Xhaka another contract rather than giving him.one this summer. I would renew Leno this summer because GK's are not rotated, top ones can be quite expensive, and Leno is still below peak age for most GK's.
We don't need Bissouma as we have Partey. Partey can play as a DLP but I prefer him as a B2B.
Bissouma is not a 6. Unless we're getting a top class dlp, I'd keep Xhaka. He's getting into the age where players his position mature.

Iceman10

Established Member
We don't need Bissouma as we have Partey. Partey can play as a DLP but I prefer him as a B2B.
Bissouma is not a 6. Unless we're getting a top class dlp, I'd keep Xhaka. He's getting into the age where players his position mature.

We have to bring in someone for squad depth, options, and rotation. Elneny isn't required quality so his contract should not be renewed, and Ceballos isn't quality to justify making a permanent either. I see Bissouma in a three man rotation with Xhaka and Partey for the two spots in the double pivot, able to do 6 or 8 based on who he plays alongside, but can agree to disagree, just need to identify a different player to sign.

Jakarta

Xhaka has been good this season. He was signed as a project and now he has turned into a steady if unspectacular player.
I'd give him a new deal.
You what? New deal?

GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Played as a third CB/ defensive LB against two bum teams with no right wingers & people are going crazy as usual

I even said in the Sheffield match thread that he can do a job at LB against such bum teams. Some people just can't help themselves from going overboard about this mediocre player for some reason

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka has a mare > Xhaka fans defend him > Xhaka doesn’t mess up for 5 games > Xhaka the goat, new contract! > Xhaka has a mare

Please, watch some clips of Vieira and Cesc and see what an Arsenal midfielder is.
In full swing. Probably have his next shocker in the semis or final should we get there.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don’t think anyone deserves a contract just yet. Let’s say we don’t win Europa. We are going to lose a lot of our revenue and we may have to make some sales to boost our cash and cut the squad down, especially if you are playing one less tournament.

Squillaci

Played as a third CB/ defensive LB against two bum teams with no right wingers & people are going crazy as usual

I even said in the Sheffield match thread that he can do a job at LB against such bum teams. Some people just can't help themselves from going overboard about this mediocre player for some reason
Exactly my thoughts. Two Championship level teams. In any way, shape or form we should be winning/dominant against those teams.

mirrorstare

I completely understand the concerns about this guy being our 3rd best player this season but that shouldn't be a reason to talk trash about him. He's just doing his job and doing it well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ultimate team player? You be the judge
This guy and Lacazette deserve some respect.

Frustration from being used to world class players in their positions is understandable, but I never liked the abuse I see these two get. Not necessarily on here just in general.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I have always thought he is better then what some fans make out. He has his flaws of course. I generally feel he has been a decent signing for us maybe not one that will take us next level but he is not **** and is pretty consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom