• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We call ourselves shqiptarë (which is supposed to mean something like sons of eagle, eagle - alb. shqiponjë). so you probably hear this, Ku je shqipe? Koo ye shqipe - Where are you Albo? meaning like how are you albo.
Yes I've seen this situation happen before haha that's what I mean thank you.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It’s the way we play. How many have we scored by playing out the back like that where many fans would say “just hoof it”?
High risk high reward. Accept it.
I'm saying that this was a good example of hoofing it. No matter how you play. No one should think that that was a good idea.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You could make a strong argument he's been the best CM in the league so far this season.

I've been critical of Xhaka at many points in his career here and I think most of those points were justified at the time.

But over the last year or so he's really turned things around. Footballing abilities aside he's shown great perseverance and mental resilience to get to where he's at now.

I love it when a player I've got on the back of at times turns things around. Arteta does deserve some credit for the tactical switch up but you can have the best tactical input in the world but the player is the one who has to go out there and actually put it into practice and Xhaka has done that magnificently.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Man enough to admit he is playing his best footie at Arsenal he struggles if called upon to play as a DM. He was probably as much at fault for Sp**s pk as Gabriel was to be honest. But I do like the idea of getting his left closer to goal in positions where he can do damage. In this area the player and our otherwise mediocre manager deserve some credit. Although tactically this adjustment leaves us weak in defending counters.

Farzad Stoned

In all honesty, have you ever seen a player going from that moment of throwing the armband on the floor with a divided fanbase in the stands, to this?
He is a very strong character and person although I still feel he should be a squad player on the team we aspire to be

Farzad Stoned

Best midfielder in the league atm, or there abouts.
Did the Aliens probe you again mate? Whatever you are on can you pm me the particulars so I can attain this level of p..s to the wind blotto.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You have been away too long! I have turned away from my Xhaka hating days. He has been doing well over the last 6-9 months, so we are all good again! The way Arteta is playing Xhaka has been working wonders. Xhaka also should receive praise for putting his head down and just deliver! Very professional and very strong mentality. An Arteta Arsenal player clearly! ;)

Farzad Stoned

You have been away too long! I have turned away from my Xhaka hating days. He has been doing well over the last 6-9 months, so we are all good again! The way Arteta is playing Xhaka has been working wonders. Xhaka also should receive praise for putting his head down and just deliver! Very professional and very strong mentality. An Arteta Arsenal player clearly! ;)
He can, if he likes call me out, I am unrepentant and have not had my found Jesus moment

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
KDB says 'Hello'

I'm not saying De Bruyne isn't a better all round footballer than Xhaka because he is.

I'd argue that so far this season Xhaka's influence on Arsenal is within the range of De Bruyne's at Man City and that's not taking into account that almost to a man De Bruyne is playing in a better side than Arsenals.

I've just seen that De Bruyne is a year older than Xhaka. Weird, he still feels like a mid 20's player to me rather than 31!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Surprised nobody has gone at him for miscontrolling the ball in the penalty situation, but that's how the forum works, he's now on the whitelist so he gets a longer leash.

The goal he scored and his brilliant performance shadowed that angle.

If the score remained a draw as at HT, it would've been the case.

Too bad that many queued posts had to be flushed again :lol:

Farzad Stoned

Surprised nobody has gone at him for miscontrolling the ball in the penalty situation, but that's how the forum works, he's now on the whitelist so he gets a longer leash.
Equally as responsible for Sp**s goal as Gabriel or anyone else in red.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yes Arteta did well with Xhaka.

Honorary mention to @2Smokeyy for recognising the ability as well.
Must have read my posts. ;) Here's some to reminisce from 30 September 2020 until 9th October 2020. Underlined some for emphasis.

These are posts from two years ago, even predicted he will get extended next year.

Great to see Xhaka performing again and in good terms. Was pretty hard to see him comeback from the scandal when he lost the armband.

Gives his all, tough as rock and hasn't made silly mistakes anymore. Great progress especially recently. His contribution goes unnoticed easily.

Anyway, I have been on the Xhaka-out mindset at many times, but currently he looks very good under Arteta.

All players really don't have to be fast,
DLP's are usually quite slow.

Came to mind to check when was the last time Xhaka has performed a total ****housery.

His last one match ban from yellow card total is from December 2018.

His last red card suspension is from January 2017. That's over 3,5 years ago. o_O

This was surprising! How the time flies. Seems indeed he is a player who can learn.

Of course he has resulted in penalties later, but this is very welcome addition. Anyone know about those penalty causing stats, when were they?

Granit Xhaka - Suspensions & absences

Mikel saved Arsenal a lot of money here, so it makes the Guendouzi value drop easier.

Xhaka seems like hell of a guy in mentality, and has dropped those silly mistakes totally it seems. With Mikel he has been very good.

Arsenal man through & through, I rather have him than Georginho any day of the week.
Can't still believe people wanted him here.

Arteta knows. Had to dig some stuff to people who think he won't be a key player for Arteta.

"We’ve compared Arsenal’s record in the 2019-20 Premier League when Xhaka started (and played at least 45 minutes, so that eight-minute start against Manchester City doesn’t count) to when the midfielder is out of the team.

With Xhaka starting (min 45 minutes)

Played: 29
Won: 13
Drawn: 12
Lost: 4

Goals per game: 1.7
Goals against per game: 1.1

Points per game: 1.8
Win rate: 44.8%
Loss rate: 13.8%

Without Xhaka starting

Played: 9
Won: 1
Drawn: 2
Lost: 6

Goals per game: 0.8
Goals against per game: 1.9

Points per game: 0.6
Win rate: 11.1%
Lost rate: 66.7%"

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...ith-and-without-granit-xhaka-in-the-19-20-pl/

“When I was going from Arsenal to City to start coaching and we were looking in that position, he was one of the players on my list,” said Arteta, who takes charge of his first game against Bournemouth on Boxing Day. “This is how much I liked him. I was happy when Arsenal signed him because I thought he was going to be a terrific player."

Arteta has spoken privately to Xhaka, telling the 27-year-old how much of a crucial player he will be to his new style of football at the club. “I told him how much I like him and what I expect from him,” Arteta said. “How important he is for the team. I am here to help him, I want him to feel that we are right behind him. Not just myself but the whole club. If we can get the people in the right way as well, the fans with him, I think it will be helpful for the team, which is where it matters.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...als-wanted-manchester-city-sign-granit-xhaka/

Xhaka has 3 years in contract and is again on good terms with the manager and fans. Arteta even said he will consider in the future giving him the armband back. Actually I think he gave it at least for some minutes in some game?

Anyway yeah, we will likely get Aouar or similar player. Maybe Ceballos on a long term if possible. Then there is Partey who is our best midfielder.

Arteta wants to go 4-3-3 kind of tactic, so 3 starting midfielders are a must. Then maybe 2-3 substitutes, one can be a youth.

So even if we get Aouar or someone like him, we still have only 4 proper midfielders (I count Elneny as an emergency LANS for now, who could be sold later for starting quality).

So Xhaka will be a starting player or a 1st substitute for some seasons I'd say. Suck it in haters. <3

So you think Elneny will replace Xhaka and we sell Xhaka? I could bet you money that won't happen.

Why would we worsen our midfield when it needs strenghtening? At worst we will buy starting midfielders and Xhaka becomes rotation option.

He has said "we are gonna have to believe in all the players we have in the squad" and it is not far fetched he means players more like Elneny than Xhaka with this.

In this video Arteta explains how tough season this is.

"..so we gonna get injuries, we gonna get players tired, and we are gonna have to believe in all the players we have in the squad, and rotate them."

So maybe you shouldn't use a very small sample to say Elneny will replace Xhaka?

Arteta - What Partey will add to our team

This is what I find interesting in Partey & Xhaka combination. Both are great at long passing. Partey brings that much needed pace and great all-round game as a partner plus bringing up the ball from deeper.

Xhaka is the only left-footed midfielder in addition to Saka in our team. Arteta has clearly preferred left-footed CB's on the left, so I'd think the same goes for midfielders if possible.

Many great teams have Xhaka-like starting midfielder in the team.

We'll see. You're betting Elneny will replace Xhaka. I'm betting Xhaka will play a lot of games this season and likely the next too.

He has 3 years in contract. I'd say he could be extended next year, unless Arteta really does not rate him contrary to what he has said.

The point in the extension would be that he won't go into last year of contract, and as so we can still keep him as a rotational option for one more year and then sell him when we have got better players.

While rather selling Elneny, whose value & interest should be on the up after this season.

The point is to improve on starting quality and the earlier starters being left to rotational options, just like getting Partey means.

Of course yeah. But Xhaka is Switzerland captain and has amazing amount of experience, plus has got rid of most of silly mistakes. He is on the up and coming to prime years.

We should be able to sell him even with a new contract, so protecting his value is a wise choice.
While when he has that contract he has to accept being more of a rotational option for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom