• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Surprised nobody has gone at him for miscontrolling the ball in the penalty situation, but that's how the forum works, he's now on the whitelist so he gets a longer leash.
I’ve mentioned it before, but I’d be happier if the forum (and fanbases in general) becomes less reactionary to mistakes in general and instead focus on performance in general. it’s why I’m defending Gabriel now as well.

I mean we could buy a bang average defender that does nothing but defend his own box, but doesn’t make a mistake. I’d still take Gabriel everyday of the week over him.

We won, we’re now good enough as a team to not care about mistakes and our players are good enough that they can make up for those mistakes.

All that should matter, we don’t need to beat this horse to death.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka

There goes the narrative I heard from some that he “doesn’t perform in big games”. Absolute rubbish.
Give me another narrative to crush.

However… I will say that they all came at home. He hardly scores goals away from home.

Oh dear I created another negative narrative didn’t I? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: He’s scored 5 goals away from home out of his 16 goals for Arsenal, but every goal vs top 6 came at home.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

There goes the narrative I heard from some that he “doesn’t perform in big games”. Absolute rubbish.

However… I will say that they all came at home. He hardly scores goals away from home.

Edit: He’s scored 5 goals away from home out of his 16 goals for Arsenal, but every goal vs top 6 came at home.

This is what he does away from home:

Cool and composed to nutmeg Alonso on the edge of our box :drool: that was the run of games he bullied Rice, Kante, Jorginho and whatever trash Utd had in midfield back to back…run it back.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol:
@Jury is still waiting and hoping in vain for one bad performance by Granit so he could boast with a bunch of "I told you so" posts
That’s never been me boss, you know that. By the time I’ve got to the thread, 20 other people have already said what I’m going to say anyway. Onwards and upwards. He’s a gooner at the end of the day and that’ll do for me. He’s on my side.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I’m not sure anyone’s ever said that about him to be honest. I think people have only ever said he’s nowhere near as good against sides who have at least as much possession or more, because those are the times he’s been exposed in the past. We all know this already anyway. It’s not news to anyone.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Wtf are you talking about?
Loved going through our old arguments over Xhaka today I shared on earlier page. (Not all of those messages I put are to you of course.)

Remember when you thought Elneny will relegate Xhaka to bench on 10th October 2020? :lol:

RacingPhoton: Yup. Let's see. Xhaka may start the next few games. But I can see him relegated to bench over this season.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Loved going through our old arguments over Xhaka today I shared on earlier page. (Not all of those messages I put are to you of course.)

Remember when you thought Elneny will relegate Xhaka to bench on 10th October 2020? :lol:

Can't blame me for making that comment after seeing those performances that season

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I’ve been in the trenches more than most, but if people turn and see the light I’m happy… Even if it’s part of this completely false narrative where these people think he’s only playing well now because of a change of position. I don’t care too much it’s all positive in the end.

It’s the Troopz of this world that do not deserve to bask in the light. He was singing Xhaka’s song yesterday after the goal despite the videos of despicable abusive language he used towards Granit still being out there. And in his watch along he was cursing left right and centre after the penalty award. That’s not support. That’s the kind of toxicity that has to be stamped out.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
That’s never been me boss, you know that.

Yes I know :lol:

[On Zinchenko].....Sorry to disappoint the KT haters, but he’s going straight into the midfield.

Quietly playing himself out of the side. Has zero business playing that position. I can’t see it lasting this season
But it will be the same as far as Xhaka goes individually: A liability in our third because of his brain farts, bad tackles and inability to receive it. In midfield, same again, but you can add the opposition running past him too easily. And in his latest role, not creative enough, not mobile enough and turnovers. We’ve got more options though So there’s hope.

All said, as long as we’re winning games, it won’t be an issue. Winning comes first, with or without Xhaka. With both our attack and defence being bolstered though, you feel the midfield—and Xhaka in particular—is where the spotlight will be pointing

He’s got no business playing that position for us. Stupid dive, touches a ref… It will never end until he’s gone.

Stealing a living in this position. It won’t last.

Xhaka in some free role is toilet management. He’s made a job for him that he’s woefully under qualified to do. You’ll see soon enough.

I’ve been in the trenches more than most, but if people turn and see the light I’m happy… Even if it’s part of this completely false narrative where these people think he’s only playing well now because of a change of position. I don’t care too much it’s all positive in the end.

It’s the Troopz of this world that do not deserve to bask in the light. He was singing Xhaka’s song yesterday after the goal despite the videos of despicable abusive language he used towards Granit still being out there. And in his watch along he was cursing left right and centre after the penalty award. That’s not support. That’s the kind of toxicity that has to be stamped out.
have to agree here re troopz and people who constantly hate or use expletives constantly against a manager or player , at the end of the day there are posts, gifs , memes, and the like made in an instant and I'm sure said player/manager will see them or their family members will. At the end of the day it's a game , I remember on a podcast there was a guy really mouthing off about xhaka , being overly harsh in his criticism and use off language , said podcaster has been a bit sheepish recently as he can't overly praise xhaka now .

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He's playing well because he's got great players around him, particularly partey who covers most of his shortcomings.

He's doing great at the moment, but let's not get carried away. He's been liability most of his arsenal career, shocking clearance which led to the pen. Wouldn't be surprised if he has more brain farts throughout the season.

Have to give credit to Big Tets, he's brilliantly been able to carve out a role for him and maximise his strengths. Also credit to xhaka for finally after 7 years showing some consistent quality.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yes I know :lol:
But he is a liability in our own third. That’s why he was moved forward. It was to make better use of his strengths. He’s not suddenly been blessed with great technique and calm in tight or pressure situations, we’re just not seeing him exposed nearly as much. If you want to continue to drag me back to this thread I’m here all day at your service 😀

All those comments you quoted weren’t after mistakes either, they were preseason or just comments on his new position/role 🤷🏽‍♂️

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
But he is a liability in our own third. That’s why he was moved forward. It was to make better use of his strengths. He’s not suddenly been blessed with great technique and calm in tight or pressure situations, we’re just not seeing him exposed nearly as much. If you want to continue to drag me back to this thread I’m here all day at your service 😀

Which is one of the reasons that you cannot wait to happen :lol:

Nah, not interested in such debates. The simple fact that the tone of this thread has drastically changed as well as the very good reception he's getting from the fans at Emirates and away is a big telling sign that he has won the argument over his biggest critics about what he brings to the team.

Long may it continue !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom