• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
What did you think about the draw?
Honest? That was the opponent I had last wished for. But I hope that by the time of the match we'll be further ahead thanks to two wins. Then we can tackle the game without pressure.

Group G is complicated. Little is known about Cameroon and Brazil is nominally extremely strong.
Oh yeah. Gabriel Jesus, who plays with me at Arsenal, a top man, is now in the squad, I was extremely happy about that, but probably more as a backup player. He plays incredibly well, I see him every day. That says it all: They can field three top teams.

And yet you have big plans against Brazil. Let's look back again: You made headlines in the media again in 2021: First you went to the tattoo artist without a mask before the tournament and then bleached your hair...
We were criticized. All the media wrote badly about us, so Manuel Akanji and I wanted to provide a bit of a distraction... (laughs). Jokes aside. That was thoughtless and caused unnecessary commotion. So one thing is clear: no tattoo before the World Cup. No hair coloring in Qatar. Although, your color, Steffi, I would have to try again.

An older woman at the next table leans over to Granit Xhaka: “I just found out that you are Swiss. I was in Switzerland the other day! In Zurich and Lucerne.» Xhaka: «It's great that you like Switzerland. But Zurich and Lucerne are not really my thing. My city is Basel!» – «Oh, Basel, I don't know. But if you think so, then I'll go to Basel next time."

Basel. Good keyword: You recently tweeted about FC Basel and criticized David Degen in it.
No wait, I wasn't criticizing Dave. He knows that I wouldn't do something like this in public, so I would call him directly. I was just annoyed about the performance of the team in this game against FCZ.

His brother Taulant was not on the lineup.
This has nothing to do with Tauli. I watch every FCB game whether my brother is there or not. Except for today against Sion, I can't watch because I'm sitting here with you. How much is it?

0:0
OK.

Will you ever return to Basel?
That is hard to say. Actually, I would like to play with my brother at FC Basel. It would be nice. But I still have two years of contract with Arsenal and I still feel very good. I can also imagine it ending here. After seven years, London has become a kind of second home.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Will you ever return to Basel?
That is hard to say. Actually, I would like to play with my brother at FC Basel. It would be nice. But I still have two years of contract with Arsenal and I still feel very good. I can also imagine it ending here. After seven years, London has become a kind of second home.
He finished that interview with a bang 💥

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
My source at the club has confirmed to me that both Xhaka and Ødegaard have agreed to do their own version of a double lift when we win the Prem at the end of the season.

When Martin lifts the trophy itself, Granit will also lift Martin up in the air, so the trophy is super high in the air!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
My source at the club has confirmed to me that both Xhaka and Ødegaard have agreed to do their own version of a double lift when we win the Prem at the end of the season.

When Martin lifts the trophy itself, Granit will also lift Martin up in the air, so the trophy is super high in the air!
@Camron Bookmark this post for May 2023 🙏

21lionking-notebook1-superJumbo.jpg

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
So the end was near for Arsenal - and then along came Mikel Arteta.
He was new to Arsenal at the time. In our first conversation I told him that I was going. He just said: «Stay, I will make sure that you deliver top performances. Please give me six months." He told me his ideas and his philosophy.

😍😍 And gooners wanted to keep Torreira over Xhaka 😭😭

I don’t consider RVP or Fabregas legends in the slightest, not with the way they left.
Aaron Ramsey and Santi Cazorla however, I do put them there.

Why do you have to win the league to be a legend? What about Liam Brady? He’s widely considered an Arsenal legend but never won the league. So too are Pat Jennings, Brian Talbot and Charlie Nicholas.
I don’t know anything about these players I simply looked at the official greatest 50 ever gunners page and these guys were in the top 30 :lol:
So clearly there are many legends that haven’t won the league.
All Liam Brady won for Arsenal was one FA Cup. So Xhaka has achieved more success with Arsenal than Liam Brady.

Cesc is definitely a legend for me, agree RvP is not, even though his 11-12 season will remain one of the best individual seasons in Arsenal history for a long time. Cesc because never has a player asked to leave a club for more understandable reasons.

Xhaka for me will reach "legend" status if he continues at this level and we win something important in the coming seasons (EL or PL).

Cesc gets that title and Xhaka not for the time being because Xhaka just hasn't quite reached the level Cesc did, which is no slight against him, Cesc was simply a special player and a generational talent.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
🤣🤣🤣, never a popular take for Arsenal fans, but if you put yourself in Cesc's shoes, I really think it's true.

Imagine growing up in North London as an Arsenal fan, and in their academy, making a move to Barcelona, and becoming a great player, only to find that Arsenal and England, with the majority of the important players of the England squad made up of Arsenal players, are in two of the greatest golden ages seen at club and international level at the same time, and Arsenal desperately wants you back and is trying all kinds of tactics to make it happen. You wouldn't go back to Arsenal? I think there's very few people who can honestly say no to that question.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
🤣🤣🤣, never a popular take for Arsenal fans, but if you put yourself in Cesc's shoes, I really think it's true.

Imagine growing up in North London as an Arsenal fan, and in their academy, making a move to Barcelona, and becoming a great player, only to find that Arsenal and England, with the majority of the important players of the England squad made up of Arsenal players, are in two of the greatest golden ages seen at club and international level at the same time, and Arsenal desperately wants you back and is trying all kinds of tactics to make it happen. You wouldn't go back to Arsenal? I think there's very few people who can honestly say no to that question.
In all honesty it’s not the move that bothers me. I understand the desire to move. What ****ed me off was the shameless knees bent topless twerking that meant we ended up selling him for peanuts. Was ****ed up mate. I don’t care if his dad was managing Barca and his mum was the president, if he had any love for arsenal he would have fought to make us whole.

**** him. Loved the player. Hate the man/boy/tw*t

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
In all honesty it’s not the move that bothers me. I understand the desire to move. What ****ed me off was the shameless knees bent topless twerking that meant we ended up selling him for peanuts. Was ****ed up mate. I don’t care if his dad was managing Barca and his mum was the president, if he had any love for arsenal he would have fought to make us whole.

**** him. Loved the player. Hate the man/boy/tw*t
Tbh it was Wenger who agreed to sell him for less to allow Cesc to have the move.

Honestly I think the fact we sold him for well less than we should've was more a symptom of the people running the club then (the bald clown) and their incompetence, than it was the things you say there.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Tbh it was Wenger who agreed to sell him for less to allow Cesc to have the move.

Honestly I think the fact we sold him for well less than we should've was more a symptom of the people running the club then (the bald clown) and their incompetence, than it was the things you say there.
....and this was one of Wengers weak points. His blind sentiment. He put players before the interests of the club too much. Yes he did amazing for the club during the stadium build & all that, but time & time again he let sentiment lead his decision making.

Abou Diaby & Cazorla stayed on our books for soo long when it was clear they wouldnt be able to play for a long while. Ok, Santi did eventually resume a very successful career, but we should have thanked him for his service & wished him good luck way sooner. Same with Diaby but even worse tbh.

Fergie or Mourinho would never have done it. Same for the Fabregas situation & others like Song & Hleb. For years Barca were just treating us as their *****. It was embarrassing.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
....and this was one of Wengers weak points. His blind sentiment. He put players before the interests of the club too much. Yes he did amazing for the club during the stadium build & all that, but time & time again he let sentiment lead his decision making.

Abou Diaby & Cazorla stayed on our books for soo long when it was clear they wouldnt be able to play for a long while. Ok, Santi did eventually resume a very successful career, but we should have thanked him for his service & wished him good luck way sooner. Same with Diaby but even worse tbh.

Fergie or Mourinho would never have done it. Same for the Fabregas situation & others like Song & Hleb. For years Barca were just treating us as their *****. It was embarrassing.

I’ve said elsewhere that I thought Wenger was too nice. But in this context, he’s not the villain. Barca is. **** Barca. I hope they go bankrupt and have to sell off their precious camp nou brick by brick.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Same with Diaby but even worse tbh
Diaby I think was more a failure of the clear issue that we had in sports science / injury prevention / physical preparation that we had at the club then (one of Wenger's real big issues in this era, tbh, failing to evolve with the times in this aspect and how it affected us in so many ways).

I like to think the medical people at the club at this time told Wenger that they thought Diaby still had a hope of getting fit and having a career like RvP or Rosicky before him, and that's why he persisted. I might be wrong.

If that is the case he was absolutely correct in doing so, and it was the medical people who let us down. Keeping Diaby on the books was absolutely worth the upside should things have turned out differently, you couldn't find what would've been a generational player like that on the market.

Probably it was somewhere in between, medical people at the club weren't using good enough methods nor in injury prevention nor in evaluation of Diaby's possibilities to do an RvP physically, and Wenger was being a bit optimistic.

As I love Wenger and almost tend to think that even if there was just a 1-2% chance of Diaby doing an RvP it was worth persisting, I'll choose to just blame it on the medical people 🤣 But I recognise that there's some bias in there and that I don't quite know how planning around Diaby's wages and potentially giving him a role in the squad would've affected our squad planning (detrimentally, of course, looking back).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom