• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The whole thing

Arteta:
“I think the squad wanted to evolve to another level and be more dominant and have more resources in the final third to attack and to score more goals. We needed to make that change.”

“I spoke to [Xhaka] at the end of the season and said:

“‘I need to unlock something in your brain because you’re so comfortable and confident playing in this area that you have forgot what is actually going to win us the game and the team now demands somebody here,
so unless you unlock that I’m going to have to do something about it.

“He took it straight away. He’s very intelligent, he came to pre-season fitter than ever, slimmer than ever & knew if we wanted to take the team to a different level we had to change his role.”

“[Xhaka] knew that was coming [role change]. We believed he has those qualities, those qualities were there to be exploited and they were hiding. The team needed those qualities very much.”

“As I said, [Xhaka] is extremely intelligent, he has the physical capacity to constantly threat and occupy those spaces and recover his position quickly enough to have the balance we need. He’s been really consistent, the way he trains, the way he practises.”

Carragher then asked why it is that despite criticism every manager has always trusted Xhaka even going back to Wenger, if it because of his leadership etc.

Arteta replied:

“He’s a special person. He’s very straight, he’s very honest, he’s very loyal and very passionate about what he does. So when you have someone like that you want to help him, you want to protect him, you want him to fulfil the talent he has”

“He’s made some mistakes and he’s learnt from it, but he has always faced adveristy and difficulty and he’s never run away from it. This is what all managers wants from their players.”

“You know you can count on him, he will fight and break walls for you. This is what we expect from our players.”

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jesus injury is a big blow, but as long as we have the Partey-Xhaka partnership we will be fine, that midfield is our most important cog...Mo is a very good back up for the two, but doesn't have their quality, so hopefully both can stay mostly fit now.

Massive credit to Arteta and Xhaka for turning this situation around...Granit went from being a player that most if not all of us wanted sold, to one of the best midfielders in the league now.

He's in the team of the year as it stands, for me.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Has there ever been a bigger turn around for a player on AM than this? Obviously there are still some haters lurking in the background, waiting for the next big error, but I think xhaka has turned it anround to the point he could even survive a mistake or two.

NZgunner

I hated Xhaka as much as anyone, I absolutely loathed him - but with Arteta's help he has reinvented himself and I now respect him as mach as anyone else in the squad.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Has there ever been a bigger turn around for a player on AM than this? Obviously there are still some haters lurking in the background, waiting for the next big error, but I think xhaka has turned it anround to the point he could even survive a mistake or two.
Just shows how important it is to have a DM. What I’ve learned is that Xhaka is awful defensively so the less work given to him in that aspect the better he looks. When Partey is injured he looks much worse.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Aaron Ramsey. From about 2011 to 2013 he was such a hate figure for everyone, even when he was playing well at the back end of the 12-13 season alongside Arteta, then all of a sudden in the 13-14 season he turned it completely around.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Aaron Ramsey. From about 2011 to 2013 he was such a hate figure for everyone, even when he was playing well at the back end of the 12-13 season alongside Arteta, then all of a sudden in the 13-14 season he turned it completely around.

If I’m being truly honest I never rated Ramsey that much apart from the 6 months of form he had in the 13-14 season.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Just shows how important it is to have a DM. What I’ve learned is that Xhaka is awful defensively so the less work given to him in that aspect the better he looks. When Partey is injured he looks much worse.

Absolute rubbish. Xhaka is a beast defensively.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah for me I could forgive him a big error or two. Obviously not him two footing a player in our title decider but normal big errors.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
He is doing thee basic thing very well. He doesn't loose the ball or kill the tempo. But on the other hand, he has limitation in terms of speed and technique. He is great team player, and I will support him until the last day he plays for Arsenal. But his level is not close to MC players. We need to get a replacement for him this summer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Xhaka the warrior v a man who raps an awful Vanilla Ice song cause his name is in it...

giphy.webp

.. always ends the same way, Arsenal win.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He's transformed this season. Just doesn't put a foot wrong. Probably our most consistent performer to date this season.

God, I wish we started playing him 10 yards further forward 5-6 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom