• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If you watch the part of Fabio tripping himself up, it was Xhaka that bullied the ref into us getting the freekick 🤣

MY VICE CAPTAIN!!!

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
What he's going through in front of goal seems like a striker's drought. Happens to the very best of strikers. It's the same thing that's happening to Jesus. But like Jesus he's still exceptional in all other areas.
He'll be back scoring in no time.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't mind him staying people should remember he plays big part in dressing room difficult to replace him and his influence to our younger players but we definitely need upgrade him Xhaka getting older not like really old he still 30 years old but we can't continue play him 50 games a season

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I’m confused. I thought we activated an extension in 2021 (after the Euros) so that the contract expires in 2024 instead of 2023. Does the contract have two extension options?

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't mind him staying people should remember he plays big part in dressing room difficult to replace
Seriously, who does that? It's such an odd argument and we have great squad harmony around these young players who enjoy playing with each other. If Xhaka can provide on the pitch, that's fine and let's keep him, but if he can't perform he should leave like every other player

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The biggest weakness in the first 11. The whole reason we are so open is to hide his flaws

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Our best overall player tonight imo.

1 goal
88% Pass Accuracy
16 of 19 duels won
2 of 3 accurate long balls
3 of 4 Dribbles won
4 fouls won
3 clearances
2 blocked shots (One of which prevented a goal just before half-time.)

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Our best overall player tonight imo.

1 goal
88% Pass Accuracy
16 of 19 duels won
2 of 3 accurate long balls
3 of 4 Dribbles won
4 fouls won
3 clearances
2 blocked shots (One of which prevented a goal just before half-time.)

Our motm. Shame we can’t celebrate his goal as a winner now that we’re out. He looked much sharper in and around the box today and made some excellent tackles throughout the game.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah he was good but our midfield was poor in general. I don't really like him next to Jorginho, and when you add Vieira to it... not great

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The biggest weakness in the first 11. The whole reason we are so open is to hide his flaws
🤦‍♂️
Yeah right, I'm sure Arteta's tactics are fully based on hiding one player's flaws.

That's how you go top of the Premier League, right?

Riou

Sporting's midfield was very good tonight, tbf...gained control when Thomas and Ødegaard came on, but Xhaka and Jorginho gave their all.

Think Granit played well, it was more a case of the young attackers kinda feeling the pressure ala Newcastle away last season, which is why I am quite nervy for the title run it...when Jesus went off, they dominated the second half really, we missed him greatly....even Trossard looked of it today, unusually.

Hope the players can learn from this quick and deal with the pressure, as it's only gonna get worse.

Legend14

Established Member
Trying not to be Bergman with too many positive comments about the player no matter how well he played, but I thought he played well. At a minimum, I didn’t see him as a concern but then again I wasn’t focused on him as much as I was on Vieira and Martinelli.

I have been critical of his confidence in shooting and today he took his opportunity without issue.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Trying not to be Bergman with too many positive comments about the player no matter how well he played, but I thought he played well. At a minimum, I didn’t see him as a concern but then again I wasn’t focused on him as much as I was on Vieira and Martinelli.

I have been critical of his confidence in shooting and today he took his opportunity without issue.
Second half we couldn’t get out of our half and he gets off free

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Fantastic Performance. Could/Should have at least one assist too aside from the goal.

Riou

Top of the league, double FA cup winner already and a great father (see his cele for his daughter)

While that little no name bellend who mocked his celebration for his child is like 8th in the ****ing Portuguese league and is getting knocked out in the next Europa round by Szcz.

Levels to this game 👊

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Good thing @albakos convinced me not to cash out on Xhaka stocks when I was getting tossed around post Newcastle last season.

To the moon 🚀🚀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom