• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This fanbase is so extreme. Right now Xhaka is a better CM than Lokonga and definitely a better CM than AMN.

Maybe...but I have just had enough of him, will be 6 years at the end of this season of the same mistakes being made by him.

Tend not to rate a player that has been a mainstay in the team that has taken Arsenal from Champions League level, to Europa League level...and finally to no Europe at all.

Would rather watch a young player develop, that watch Xhaka do something incredibly stupid every few games.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I still think this will be his last season. The new contract probably just to ensure we get a fair fee. Like i said, i'd have no issue with selling as long as we bring in a different kind of CM starter.

I think the CM and Striker role will be are main targets next summer.
Don’t want to argue but the “fair” fee is probably a lot lower that you think. But let’s hope we are surprised and Xhaka plays lights out and is sold for a decent fee! Bigger miracles have probably happened.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We will get an answer to that if Xhaka walks back into the line up once the suspension is over.
I think people might be reading too much into that extension you know. He’s dropped him and moved him to the cheap seats before in favour of other less established midfielders and I think Lokonga did, and can do more than enough to state a case in the meantime.

I’ll call it now, he’s not walking straight back in to the midfield! 🙏

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We'll see when his suspension is over.
Of course he'll be back in once his suspension is over. Unless we go 433, he's the second best CM we have for the pivot after Partey.

My point was more that Arteta would have no issues moving him on in the summer, he's made big calls.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Of course he'll be back in once his suspension is over. Unless we go 433, he's the second best CM we have for the pivot after Partey.

My point was more that Arteta would have no issues moving him on in the summer, he's made big calls.
Hertha offered us 26m 2 years ago but Arteta killed the move. This summer Arteta stopped him from going to Roma due to a difference in 5m in fees we demanded. He's one of Arteta's favourite. Last season, he got a red card against Burnley after serving his ban, Arteta brought him back into the side. But Pepe got a red against Leeds and Arteta dropped him for over 10 games. You can't deny that Xhaka is one of the most undroppable players in this squad. As long as that is the case, we're going to continue to be midtable.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Hertha offered us 26m 2 years ago but Arteta killed the move. This summer Arteta stopped him from going to Roma due to a difference in 5m in fees we demanded. He's one of Arteta's favourite. Last season, he got a red card against Burnley after serving his ban, Arteta brought him back into the side. But Pepe got a red against Leeds and Arteta dropped him for over 10 games. You can't deny that Xhaka is one of the most undroppable players in this squad. As long as that is the case, we're going to continue to be midtable.

When he got the red against City, Arteta gave him a pat on the back as he went off, contrast that with the Pepe reaction.

Xhaka is Arteta's lieutenant on the pitch, everyone may as well make peace with it at this point.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I personally feel we blocked the move, when we couldn't get a better replacement in Locatelli. Neves is barely an upgrade.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I’ll call it now, he’s not walking straight back in to the midfield! 🙏
If that comes true you deserve a year's supply of your favourite brand of tramp juice! ;)

Kav

Established Member
Nah, we’d of looked weak. Extending him was weird tho.
Weaker than paying off Mustafi? Nah the whole lot of them needed to be shifted in my opinion. Those two caused the most harm to Arsenal over the last 5 years on the pitch. Literally giving away penalties or fouls or making mistakes in games they played. We should have taken 5M for him and ran off with the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom