• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Good goal, good runs and energy. The early give away didn't get to him either. It's the most effective performance I've seen from him

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Everytime I say his number's up, the ****er brings me back onside :lol:

In the eventuality we do eplace him, our option has to be better than Youri 'I'll take 3 orders of profiteroles' Tielemans.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
There’s no truth to the narrative going round that he is playing as an 8 to minimise his weakness. He always did a fantastic job as a 6 in a double pivot and always had, and that’s the position he plays for Switzerland and used to play for Gladbach. But our attack wasn’t doing too well at the time. He’s now playing as an 8 (a unique, unconventional 8 that I haven’t yet fully understood) due to his supreme quality and how much he can help the attack to get us playing free flowing football. Nothing to do with his weaknesses or anything.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was great yesterday, I think it's unlikely we'll be bringing in a replacement. He really understands that LCM role Arteta wants, the interchanging with Zinny was great to watch.

I can't help but feel tho if we get a more dynamic technical player in that position we again go up another level. Teams can't seem to cope with Xhaka's position when Zinny comes in, he has the freedom of the park.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Was great yesterday, I think it's unlikely we'll be bringing in a replacement. He really understands that LCM role Arteta wants, the interchanging with Zinny was great to watch.

I can't help but feel tho if we get a more dynamic technical player in that position we again go up another level. Teams can't seem to cope with Xhaka's position when Zinny comes in, he has the freedom of the park.
We need to upgrade on him, get Saka RW competition, get Partey CDM competition and get a GK better than Ramsdale and we become legit title contenders and can do a madness in the champions league too in the next couple of years.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
One thing that hasn't been noticed is that while his burst in run is not quick, his acceleration is mad and was making some surprising long runs yesterday.
Maybe for his big frame and longer steps it is not noticeable as quicker&shorter players like e.g. Walcott.

This clip does not fully display his very quick arrival at the box, but had Jesus been aware to make the pass to his left, Xhaka was all alone there as he had already arrived there when Saka was in the box.

Edit: check from the 2nd half
It starts at around 70:30.

Such a quick arrival in the box

Slug457

Xhaka bodies Tielemans everytime they play V eachover (and will again Saturday)
Bingo. Still expect the negativity hustlers to be drudging up a clearly inferior player come January to try and cause disruption however. That nonsense betting **** will resurface at some point aswell. Won't fade him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We need to upgrade on him, get Saka RW competition, get Partey CDM competition and get a GK better than Ramsdale and we become legit title contenders and can do a madness in the champions league too in the next couple of years.
Yep. We will still get caught floundering against the really top sides who can keep the ball for 5 minute spells unless we do this.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah agreed. Want to see a more dynamic guy in that position that can receive that ball higher up and make more of the freedom the LCM gets. But to find a guy that can do that, whilst offering was Xhaka does defensively will be tough. Maybe that Nunes guy that the top clubs are being linked with?

RW depends on who we could get, no one really stands out to me that could really challenge Saka. I think at this point we need GJ/Zinny/Saliba level raisers coming in.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think Ramsdale can be the GK for a contending Arsenal side. Makes mistakes here and there, but he does have the total package as a GK otherwise. He's a good shot-stopper who is confident with the ball at his feet and has good distribution, doesn't have a weakness with crosses and set pieces either, that's not that easy to find. Not to mention him being a vocal personality, that's a good attribute for a GK also.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
F*cking weirdo.

I agree. I wouldn’t dare in the slightest to disclose it and I advise others not to research it either. He is a happy, loving family man and deserves peace and quiet. I was simply curious.

After the game yesterday:
EA6FF517-A833-4DDD-8269-383D9FC6B4A7.jpeg

P.s: Granit should get a swimming pool, that garden has the space for it. Home cinema but no swimming pool?

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Covered well, made some nice passes, made some surprisingly good runs.... and of course got his goal
Yeah, on the lowdown we know it was a decent performance and one that is expected at the very least if you’re an Arsenal quality player, but It’s nice to see all the same. His celebration was warming as well even though I find that heart shape hands thing nauseating. Time to keep the moody stuff to a minimum and let the football do the talking. He’s got a bit of kudos in the bank at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom