• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nope, couldn’t do it. I cannot sit through a detailed tactical “soccer” video voiced by a yank. Fml. Ted lassos taking over the damn game. Once I’ve recovered I might try again but on mute with subtitles…

I did watch the tifo piece though. Short and sweet. Thanks bruv.

Was just coming to post the Tito piece, it’s easier to follow and makes the same points too.

Good watch.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This post also explains how these charts can be misleading as they only look at some of the stats.

"With a 400 minute cut off (I would normally like 1,000+ for sample sizes but that is just not possible in a world where only seven league matches have been played), he ranks as the 12th best "Attacking 8" skill set template for midfielder among the top 5 League and 7th among the Premier League.

One of the things that I think this illustrates is that his radar is not impressive and I think that narrowing down things to just 13 stats rather than the 50+ that go into the other rating system helps to tell the story better for how good he has been this year.
"

8c93cd92-0ac3-406b-a3d8-35a64a7f866f_1310x671.png

2df963f4-cf01-4317-ac24-2c43e4bc89bc_1238x1022.png

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

A-M’s three hated amigos - Cedric, Elneny and Xhaka all doing their coaching badges:applause:

At least the youngsters respect them.

@MutableEarth have you seen the Hale End documentary? It’s a pretty good watch, actually preferred it to All Or Nothing,

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
What’s that, Granit Xhaka dominating a midfield of Busquets, Pedri and Gavi?

:lol::lol:

Not exactly but a good defensive display from Granit and the Swiss. Deserved hard fought 2-1 away win.
Yet again, he was a number 6. Their deepest midfielder, at times playing as a 3rd CB.
People who say he plays as an 8 for Switzerland have clearly never watched him play for Switzerland. Was so calm under pressure and against the press, as his team needed him to be. Defensively intelligent, blocked passing lanes. That’s his game as a 6.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

A-M’s three hated amigos - Cedric, Elneny and Xhaka all doing their coaching badges:applause:

At least the youngsters respect them.

@MutableEarth have you seen the Hale End documentary? It’s a pretty good watch, actually preferred it to All Or Nothing,
Thanks for posting these! Have gained a lot more respect for Xhaka over the last 6-12 months. I used to really want him gone, but now I see his role with the team and club and I am at peace with him around. Actually starting to have a bit of a soft spot for him. He really is playing much much better now with the whole team setup favouring his strengths. And the fact that he gets so much stick from many PL commentators and journalists makes me want to be on his side more! Also knowing more about his background and what his family (father) has been through has helped me understand how he ticks. Plus I am a sucker for redemptions! And he is on an epic one with many of us Arsenal fans.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
People who say he plays as an 8 for Switzerland have clearly never watched him play for Switzerland.
Again, not really.

He's played a more box-to box like role multiple times for Switzerland over the years. How aggressive, often depending on what game we were playing. The impression that he was more aggressive for Switzerland (even if its nowhere near the current level for Arsenal) doesn't come out of nowhere.

He's been as tactically flexible for the Swiss midfield as he's been for Arsenal when needed.

Last edited:

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Again, not really.

He's played a more box-to box like role multiple times for Switzerland over the years. How aggressive, often depending on what game we were playing. The impression that he was more aggressive for Switzerland (even if its nowhere near the current level for Arsenal) doesn't come out of nowhere.

He's been as tactically flexible for the Swiss midfield as he's been for Arsenal when needed.

Mate, he was a six in every game in the euros. He was a six in the euro qualifications. He was a six in every nations league game. I watched every one of those games he played in. And I would say their positions have been rigid, not really tactically flexible at all.

He has spoken many times that he prefers to play where he can see the whole game in front of him. His most common position is a DLP in a double pivot, was the same in Germany where he played next to Kramer.

“I'm what we call a 'six' in Germany, a quite aggressive, deep-lying playmaker."

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Believe what you want, that's fine.

I'm not going to argue my own national team with you. I'm just telling you how I've seen its over the years.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think one of the few who really benefitted from the All or Nothing documentary because everyone got to see what a leader he was for the group and how committed he was while also showing his human side. That and the consistent top performances he's been producing for time now.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Believe what you want, that's fine.

I'm not going to argue my own national team with you. I'm just telling you how I've seen its over the years.

On a more lighter note, the win of your national team yesterday consigned Spain to their first defeat at home in four years. Congrats.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Just got round to see him boss Spain. It’s great we finally have the Switzerland Xhaka here. He was excellent against France’s “cheat code” midfield in the Euros too.

As the season progresses I feel he’ll start getting the recognition he deserves. He’s head strong enough to keep this quality of performance up.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He’s going to play for 90 minutes against a physical Czechia side on Tuesday night as well, Switzerland need a point to stay in league A. Then he has to play the north London derby for Arsenal very early on Saturday.
If it was any other player I’d be worried. Not Granit though, that schedule is normal for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom