• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
If Serbia knock Switzerland out of the World Cup that would be an absolute disaster for our Granit. It would knock his confidence, it can’t happen.

Loved this pass, should’ve resulted in a goal.

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
If Serbia knock Switzerland out of the World Cup that would be an absolute disaster for our Granit. It would knock his confidence, it can’t happen.

I mean, he'd be strongly disappointed to lose that game in any case. Even if we qualified today.
So, today didn't change much in that regard. He would recover anyway.

From a Switzerland standpoint if Serbia kept their lead today we'd be in the exact same situation. (-Cameroon having an outside chance). Point is we're still in charge of our own destiny, that's all that matter to me and I'm sure him too.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I mean, he'd be strongly disappointed to lose that game in any case. Even if we qualified today.
So, today didn't change much in that regard. He would recover anyway.

From a Switzerland standpoint if Serbia kept their lead today we'd be in the exact same situation. (-Cameroon having an outside chance). Point is we're still in charge of our own destiny, that's all that matter to me and I'm sure him too.
There’s a lot more riding on it now then if Swiss won today. To lose to Serbia and get knocked out by them is a double whammy.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
There’s a lot more riding on it now then if Swiss won today. To lose to Serbia and get knocked out by them is a double whammy.

The same was riding on the same matchup in 2018. There was a lot riding on beating Turkey in 2020, there...

If you don't welcome the challenge, if you don't do and win what is necessary, you don't deserve to advance in the first place. I've not seen Xhaka think any differently.

As for what's personal for Xhaka about this match-up, that feeling is not going to change regardless of it being a important match or not. I'd think he'd be just as devastated. It could be a friendly and it would still matter. I'm sure @albakos or @Erlis can attest.

So, imo for now nothing to overthink or ruin your day over. :love:

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The same was riding on the same matchup in 2018. There was a lot riding on beating Turkey in 2020, there...

If you don't welcome the challenge, if you don't do and win what is necessary, you don't deserve to advance in the first place. I've not seen Xhaka think any differently.

As for what's personal for Xhaka about this match-up, that feeling is not going to change regardless of it being a important match or not. I'd think he'd be just as devastated. I'm sure @albakos or @Erlis can attest.

That’s true. I just always fear the worst scenario happening. I’m never too confident :shivering:
A draw won’t be bad. I just know that to lose this would be a massive disaster for him, for many reasons. Many people are expecting him to show a very fierce fight. Hopefully Switzerland win without incident.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still convinced they will make the knockouts this week, tbh.

Serbia despite playing well, as we saw today have that ability to randomly collapse every now and then.

Feel Switzerland just have too much cleverness for them, the Swiss have been a good team since about 2014 now and I back them.

Captain Xhaka will be in the next round, imo!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Yes, it will definitely be a high-pressure game with a lot of highly charged emotions riding on it.

Switzerland still have an advantage though as it is easier not to lose a game (Switzerland) than to actually needing to win it (Serbia).

Serbia have better forward players, but Switzerland is no slouch in defense, as it was evident in Brazil match. Serbia has a tendency to have mini-collapses in backline, so I am sure Embolo will be instructed to press their CBs to force turnovers.

Riou

Fiq7Z1gXEAYA_Di

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Never really thought about it with Xhaka being Albanian but reading this last page or so would that make the signing of SMS impossible? I can't think it would, but you don't know what goes through peoples' heads.

Riou

Yes, it will definitely be a high-pressure game with a lot of highly charged emotions riding on it.

Switzerland still have an advantage though as it is easier not to lose a game (Switzerland) than to actually needing to win it (Serbia).

Serbia have better forward players, but Switzerland is no slouch in defense, as it was evident in Brazil match. Serbia has a tendency to have mini-collapses in backline, so I am sure Embolo will be instructed to press their CBs to force turnovers.

Can't remember the last time Serbia made the knockout rounds, tbh...while Switzerland have made that part of a tournament every time since 2014, I think.

I think that experience will prove key, plus the fact the Swiss only need a point will prove to much for the Serbs...can't see how their backline can deal with Shaqiri and Embolo, while having to go for the win.

Plus for all his yellow and red cards, Granit never loses his composure in big matches like these...will bring his A game and probably smash in another 25 yarder like in 2018.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He pulled out of a 50/50 at one point. If it was the past Xhaka at Arsenal he risks a red card and the fans call him all sorts of names. But it shows weakness, he has to go for those 50/50’s with full commitment. His experience at Arsenal has changed him in this respect, not sure if it’s for the better.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Never really thought about it with Xhaka being Albanian but reading this last page or so would that make the signing of SMS impossible? I can't think it would, but you don't know what goes through peoples' heads.
I am sure that Xhaka would not have any problems if SMS was brought in to play for Arsenal.

But if SMS goes into a jerk mode and starts celebrating for Arsenal with nationalist symbols or wears one of those stupid undershirts, then it becomes a problem.

You never see Granit doing it in Arsenal colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom