• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Funny how Swiss, a historically neutral nation now actually has a historic rival due to the backgrounds of some players they have. You can see the whole team backs Shaqiri and Xhaka, it means something to them. The Swiss fans as well. Xhaka’s story has become their story.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Funny how Swiss, a historically neutral nation now actually has a historic rival due to the backgrounds of some players they have. You can see the whole team backs Shaqiri and Xhaka, it means something to them. The Swiss fans as well. Xhaka’s story has become their story.

This for me is healthy patriotism. The Swiss people are proud of their own culture whole also inviting and accepting of the cultures of those who've got roots elsewhere and as you say even now passionately support them. It's a healthy balance of being proud of your own country while being accepting to outsiders.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
This for me is healthy patriotism. The Swiss people are proud of their own culture whole also inviting and accepting of the cultures of those who've got roots elsewhere and as you say even now passionately support them. It's a healthy balance of being proud of your own country while being accepting to outsiders.

Hate to break it to you but this is only the perception when they’re doing well. Switzerland is no different from England. When they’re losing Xhaka Shaqiri Embolo etc are immigrants. It was only in June (I think) where they lost 4-0 to Portugal and Xhaka went on a furious tirade against a xenophobic/racist comment which said people with non Swiss names should be construction workers not footballers. Xhaka highlighted the comment and posted in German capitals “it will never end!”.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

And his teammate is called jashari so nobody can attack him for making a political statement lol

Clever

Yes, I was gonna comment on this to give context, but @razörist is spot on. @Taneruit can confirm as well.

The no.26 shirt belongs to Ardon Jashari so all the complaints and tears of Serbia toward FIFA can do one. They should deal with racism in their ranks.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
It's somewhere in between this and what Manberg mentioned. There's plenty of negative voices as well, as there is in every country. There's big sceptisism, but also often big output of support when needed.

Bit schizophrenic actually. Biggest example would probably be the italian workers that came to us around the beginning of the 20th centurary. Near segregation like circumstances at the time (Not a joke). Nowadays there's probably more amonisity left between the french-speaking and the german speaking part than there is towards italian-speaking, vice versa. Even just between neighbouring villages you can observe that behaviour as well.

The best summary I can make is:
We love to be wary of other and others and we all bashed each other's heads in at some point, but when we come together, we ****ing come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom