• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ødegaard is doing a fine job and is a very respected player without doubt, but part of me does wish Xhaka was still captain.

After all he has been through and how amazingly he has turned it around here, if we do win the Prem it feels like he should be the one to lift it.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Ødegaard is doing a fine job and is a very respected player without doubt, but part of me does wish Xhaka was still captain.

After all he has been through and how amazingly he has turned it around here, if we do win the Prem it feels like he should be the one to lift it.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Xhaka has done more harm than good in his tenure as an Arsenal player. This is literally his first good season and the dude has been here for like 6 years lol. He had to have a positional shift that could hide all his weaknesses and have Zinchenko do a lot of the heavy lifting in possession to make him work in this current system. He is the vocal leader, but think his position is the one we can get a bigger upgrade that can transform the team. Get a more dynamic player in there and we can compete to win the champions league next season.

Riou

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Xhaka has done more harm than good in his tenure as an Arsenal player. This is literally his first good season and the dude has been here for like 6 years lol. He had to have a positional shift that could hide all his weaknesses and have Zinchenko do a lot of the heavy lifting in possession to make him work in this current system. He is the vocal leader, but think his position is the one we can get a bigger upgrade that can transform the team. Get a more dynamic player in there and we can compete to win the champions league next season.

Will be harder than you think to find an upgrade on him, imo.

His defensive contribution to our midfield allows us to really dominate our opponents, that added to him being good on the ball makes him a very useful asset to have.

Can't believe it took us this long to play him in the right role here, tbh...Granit described himself as a "false DM" not long after we signed him, plus even Arsène called him a box to box midfielder in his last season here too I think...yet we ****ed around with him as our 6 for years anyway 😅

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Translated from German, ofcourse. Basel fans loving him in the replies.
Actually, swiss-german in the original. He went baslerdütsch for this.

The very first part is a mistranslation if anybody's wondering. I assume Insta (or whatever translated that) assumed it's *witterig* (refers to cold, windy weather). What he actually meant was sarcastically saying *Witter e so* which roughly translates to *Do go on like that FCB* in a sarcastic manner.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Xhaka has been far less of a crackhead ever since Arteta.

He was good last season too and has been reasonably consistent for a long time. Guys secretly wishing for an upgrade can suck it and keep on sucking it really.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Xhaka was always among the best players throughout his tenure at Arsenal. I hate to repeat myself what is said throughout his time here. It is also true that Xhaka would have made a better captain than Ødegaard. But, somehow people tend to skip the truth as if we do not have eyes to see who is the true leader and mature character on and off the pitch.

As for his new position, I do not think that issue lies with Xhaka but with the Arsenals attack department. Xhaka has been given this new role because Arsenal attack needed strengthening and the only player who could help there is Xhaka.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I was at first upset that Ode got captain over Xhaka but now I think it’s probably for the best. Despite being a great leader, Xhaka loves to fight, whether to defend his teammates, get under the opponent’s skin or waste time etc.
Refs and others may not see that as captain behaviour and it would work against him. Ødegaard is a great captain too, in his own way.
Although, the initial reason why Xhaka wasn’t made captain should be obvious. I.e. The Palace incident, and because he wasn’t so popular with fans at the time when Martin was named captain.

Geofranco

Xhaka has been far less of a crackhead ever since Arteta.

He was good last season too and has been reasonably consistent for a long time. Guys secretly wishing for an upgrade can suck it and keep on sucking it really.
Consistently getting red cards and beaten off the dribble. He was never a bum like Mustafi, but he was a flop to me until this season. He was basically the midfield version of David Luiz. Some decent attributes, but always had that chaos factor. Reminds me of how overrated Ramsey was, when he really only had one truly great season, 13/14. He is very lucky Partey and Zinchenko are doing most of the heavy lifting for him.

Geofranco

Will be harder than you think to find an upgrade on him, imo.

His defensive contribution to our midfield allows us to really dominate our opponents, that added to him being good on the ball makes him a very useful asset to have.

Can't believe it took us this long to play him in the right role here, tbh...Granit described himself as a "false DM" not long after we signed him, plus even Arsène called him a box to box midfielder in his last season here too I think...yet we ****ed around with him as our 6 for years anyway 😅
If his defensive positioning was that good, he wouldn't have gotten all those red cards. He was also a headcase that could be rattled. He put the team in a lot of compromising positions. We literally needed a very specific system to see the quality that Xhaka provides. Great players are way more adaptable than that.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
And you're a fanboy. Pretty disturbing to be this infatuated with another man, Xhaka's wife should be concerned.
justin bieber haters gonna hate GIF

Riou

Xhaka no longer the slowest midfielder at The Arsenal...

yes-zootopia-sloth.gif

…congrats Granit, you have completely defeated everything AM has thrown at you!

#TrueChampion

Taneruit

Established Member

Xhaka no longer the slowest midfielder at The Arsenal...

yes-zootopia-sloth.gif

…congrats Granit, you have completely defeated everything AM has thrown at you!

#TrueChampion
To be fair, our midfield is one of the slowest in the prem to begin with. Doesn't have to be fast.

I worry more about a some of the other aspects Partey brings to the table.

Taneruit

Established Member

Think teams have largely sussed out his change of position now and so it's exposing how he isn't actually totally suited to the role.

Upgrade potential in the summer
Yes just like Odeegard.

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom