• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Looks like Granit is going to Serbia for his international duty.

Just realized that our national team are in the same group with Switzerland, so interesting match, Kosova vs Switzerland, it will be no hard feelings whatsoever, vs Xhaka or Shaqiri, or others, imo. I mean we also play other national teams who have players of Albanian origin like Albania, Macedonia, and Montenegro to a certain degree. I am rooting for Kosova this time, sorry to Xhaka and everyone else.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
@Taneruit I see Granit and his family promoting the release of that documentary about his life and success.

Is it available to watch (with subtitles)?

luigicalzone

It's not a documentary about him. It's about the Swiss national team in 6 episodes. Mainly focused on the world cup. In episode 5 it's mainly about Granit, they also visited him in London. Don't think that there are English subtitles available. Only German ones for the moment.

Here you find more information, maybe you can read it with an auto translation from your browser: The Pressure Game - Play SRF

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I watched Granit’s episode (episode 4), no English subs unfortunately.
I used vpn and set it to Switzerland, made an account and watched it here (free):

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'll be honest. I basically hated the man about 3 years ago. This last 18 months I'd be disappointed if he wasn't starting or was missing through injury.

I'm trying to think if there has been (if we win the league) a bigger redemption story than Granits. I cant think of it. I really hope he does it.

I think he is misunderstood and based on his interviews and documentary there is a different side. His heart is definitely in the right place and one of those people you want when going to war. But just made bad mistakes in the past through lack of ability or decision making.....not effort.

Really hope he stays injury free and has the final say to what has been a very turbulent Arsenal career.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
1 goal
1 assist
1 fpl assist (you know the one where he crosses it close to the keeper, he has to parry it and somebody then pounces on it. Happened like 3-4 times this season. WTF?)
3 chances created
Interception & Clearance

Good performance.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It should not work but it works. That’s how I would describe Xhaka in his new role. He’s doing such a great job.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
For us unreserved Xhaka lovers! ;) Hope it hasn't been posted before.

Good video, but it didn't focus on his qualities as much as it did on the dark period under Emery. I also didn't like being reminded of the faces of AFTV, which I had long since erased from my memory :lol:

Other than that, it is also impressive to see his father at such a young age and to see how he's kept in shape in his later years. I see him a lot around here and in the news. He is charismatic, and that charisma gene has likely been passed on to his sons too.

Even so, his story of redemption is inspiring, and the praise he receives from the public must greatly influence how well he performs this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Screen_Shot_2018-12-28_at_1.54.03_PM.png

Taneruit

Established Member

Ehhhhhh.

Honestly, I know why he said that and in this aspect I 100% agree with him.

...But that's the kind of sentence that is Instagram wisdom and falls apart when picked apart or is used outside the context the original person meant it in. It just doesn't hold up as a general piece of wisdom.

Mainly because *Who we truly are* can mean a myriad of things from an individual standpoint and individually we humans can be ****ing stupid. Sometimes the best friend can be the one that tells you that you're a ****ing idiot, regardless of how true to yourself you think it is what you're doing.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Ehhhhhh.

Honestly, I know why he said that and in this aspect I 100% agree with him.

...But that's the kind of sentence that is Instagram wisdom and falls apart when picked apart or is used outside the context the original person meant it in. It just doesn't hold up as a general piece of wisdom.

Mainly because *Who we truly are* can mean a myriad of things from an individual standpoint and individually we humans can be ****ing stupid. Sometimes the best friend can be the one that tells you that you're a ****ing idiot, regardless of how true to yourself you think it is what you're doing.

Is he still getting hate from Swiss media because of his Albanian origin? Is that what this is about?
The eagle sign, the Jashari shirt, not singing the Swiss anthem etc.
Xhaka can handle criticism, but this criticism has nothing to do with football.

He is close to being Switzerland’s most capped player of all time, they should be grateful to him.

Taneruit

Established Member

Look at Odeegard and Xhaka. Xhaka ahead of Gundogan as well. @albakos

Our midfield is Nr. 1 no questions asked.

soVvXPUDgbePLPydInrBWdoCVyYwqa_y1644i8UekkQ.jpg

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I think posters like bergman (unconditional fanboyz) is a bit shame on this forum because I feel Granits redemption is incredible, but also don’t want the bergmans of the world to merch it to death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom