• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Great support last night at Baggies!

Nasso

Someone said we'd sold 800 tickets, it looked more like a 1000 to me, but regardless, we didn't stop singing throughout the whole game - superb atmosphere. "Even Wolves got one goal!" was my fave chant of the night. Baggies home support was mainly crap. They got Tavlaridis' name wrong on the videoscreen and they announced it "Tavlardis" or something haha Shame, as he had a very good game IMHO, especially those two last-ditch tackles first half. It's great to see us in the semis - even if it is the Carling Cup. I'm sure a lot of people who wrote it off would love to go to Cardiff, should we get to the final. Plus it's not really just the "kids" anymore, as we had Razor, Ralph, Kanu, Wiltord, Legend of Greystoke Keown and Edu in the side, plus Aliadiere who's played a few games now. Clichy - what a player! Struggled initially, but got more confident as the game went on. Hope we get spuds now.

A

Anonymous

Yep the Gunner end sounded Very upbeat, glad ya had a good time!

Clichy played great i thought..

Oh and i would rather miss Sp**s, and then play them in the final if we get there, now that would be a good final 8)

XxGoonaStuxX

Yeah I heard, couldn't manage to get down to the game so had to watch it on Sky Sports. At many times you were louder than the WBA support. Great chants. I even heard the Vieira chant once or twice :)

Nasso

Baggies were predominantly quiet, thus prompting a "You're supposed to be at home" chant on our part hehe.

Stim

Sounded like a good crowd on TV, shame Highbury doesn't sound the same every week. Although i think the crowd at home are getting louder lately with all the criticism they've been getting.

Ridge

XxGoonaStuxX said:
Same. Playing Sp**s in the final would be good. We'dbe sure of winning it and It would be funny to laugh at em :)
but pity them cant even get in the semis.

lol

Alexone234

Our away support is top drawer anywhere we go. I thought Tav's defended well enough but he can't jump without using his hands.

I was at the game at Highbury this Sunday and I thought we all sung well there too.

A

Anonymous

The suport was first class, i dont think we were not singin for longer than a minute. Proper hardcore support the other night.

Another myth that west brom have great support was exposed as just that.

Nasso

I just remembered that when Lee Hughes came on, we sang "You're supposed to be in jail" hahahahaha! :D

Can't say there was too much noise on Sunday vs Blackburn, but there was certainly a lot coming from Clockend and North Bank against Locomotive Moscow.

reggiepaul

The baggies have got a strong support but it's weird they were so quiet on tuesday because otherwise they are very loud. Maybe it was cold.

Otherwise it was a night of hardcore fans for arsenal.

Why is it (as many have said to me) Liverpool, United etc always easily sell out away crowds (so do many other clubs lesser than arsenal) and we have difficulty in this light? Why is it other fans would want to see their team no matter who they play or no matter what competition while our fans are only there for the premiership and FA Cup (I never mentioned champions league because we have had difficulty selling out because so many people lost faith in that) matches?

No offence but the words glory hunter come to mind.

I wouldn't state glory hunter if we had easily sold out tickets for games but when our support only turn up for certain games it does make you wonder, doesn't it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom