• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Greatest RBs of All-Time

Who is it?

• Total voters

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Denis Irwin. So good at right back they played at him at left back to make space for Neville. Best full back of all time IMO given he played both roles to a world class level. And when Ferguson says he is the only player guaranteed in his all time United XI you have to stand up and take notice.

He was doing Alves when Alves was a child.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

polis-raid.gif

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Riou

Wrong choice of words :lol:

I never got to see Irwin play ( well, I got see him play for Wolves, when they were sponsored by Doritos...don't think that counts though :lol: ) but from what I have seen from old clips...United's all time fullback paring, should be him and that little weirdo Evra...both way ahead of Neville as players.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I never got to see Irwin play ( well, I got see him play for Wolves, when they were sponsored by Doritos...don't think that counts though :lol: ) but from what I have seen from old clips...United's all time fullback paring, should be him and that little weirdo Evra...both way ahead of Neville as players.
Neville is famed as saying United had a better right back than him they just played him at left back.

If he isnt the greatest right back then he is the greatest full back because he was immense at both positions.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Denis Irwin. So good at right back they played at him at left back to make space for Neville. Best full back of all time IMO given he played both roles to a world class level. And when Ferguson says he is the only player guaranteed in his all time United XI you have to stand up and take notice.

Irwin definitely needs to be on any short list for sure, can't believe I forgot him. I was going out with a girl from Wolves during the 2002-03 season and had a season ticket so saw him a lot then, even at the very end of his career he was still absolutely top class and so dependable.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Best RBs I’ve seen in my time following football:

🇧🇷 Dani Alves
🇫🇷 Thuram
🇩🇪 Lahm
🇧🇷 Cafu
🇦🇷 Zanetti
🇮🇹 Zambrotta
🇧🇷 Maicon
🇧🇷 Jorginho
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 K. Walker
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Trent

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The answer is Cafu. He did everything Alves did before Alves did it, was an incredible Captain and had the bigger impact for his country. There would be no Alves without Cafu and Cafu was far closer to what Alves was attacking than Alves ever got to the rock that Cafu was defensively.

Riou

After watching a 75 year old Cafu pocket Mo Farah, Russell Howard and Chunkz at Soccer Aid...that has swayed my vote.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t think anyone has hit the levels or had the influence of Alves.

Don’t know what Trent is doing there? You can argue he’s had more bad seasons than good, defensively.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I feel like this debate is almost impossible given how much the position and what is expected of it has changed over time.

Given the options I'd probably go Dani Alves, with Trent having a decent chance of ending his career above him. You wouldn't have Trent playing RB without Alves imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom