Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Turkey

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Wales

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

American_Gooner

Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so.
A.jpg

Goalkeepers: Alessio Cragno (Cagliari), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Alex Meret (Napoli), Salvatore Sirigu (Torino)

Defenders: Francesco Acerbi (Lazio), Alessandro Bastoni (Inter), Cristiano Biraghi (Fiorentina), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Giovanni Di Lorenzo (Napoli), Alessandro Florenzi (Paris), Gianluca Mancini (Roma), Leonardo Spinazzola (Roma), Rafael Toloi (Atalanta)

Midfielders: Nicolò Barella (Inter), Gaetano Castrovilli (Fiorentina), Bryan Cristante (Roma), Manuel Locatelli (Sassuolo), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma), Matteo Pessina (Atalanta), Stefano Sensi (Inter), Marco Verratti (Paris)

Forwards: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo), Federico Bernardeschi (Juventus), Federico Chiesa (Juventus), Vincenzo Grifo (Freiburg), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Moise Kean (Paris), Matteo Politano (Napoli), Giacomo Raspadori (Sassuolo)

Goalkeepers: Yann Sommer (Mönchengladbach), Yvon Mvogo (PSV), Jonas Omlin (Montpellier), Gregor Kobel (Stuttgart)

Defenders: Manuel Akanji (Dortmund), Loris Benito (Bordeaux), Nico Elvedi (Mönchengladbach), Kevin Mbabu (Wolfsburg), Becir Omeragic (Zürich), Ricardo Rodríguez (Torino), Silvan Widmer (Basel), Fabian Schär (Newcastle United), Jordan Lotomba (Nice), Eray Cömert (Basel)

Midfielders: Granit Xhaka (Arsenal), Denis Zakaria (Mönchengladbach), Remo Freuler (Atalanta), Djibril Sow (Frankfurt), Admir Mehmedi (Wolfsburg), Xherdan Shaqiri (Liverpool), Ruben Vargas (Augsburg), Steven Zuber (Frankfurt), Edimilson Fernandes (Mainz), Christian Fassnacht (Young Boys), Dan Ndoye (Nice), Andi Zeqiri (Brighton)

Forwards: Breel Embolo (Mönchengladbach), Mario Gavranović (Dinamo Zagreb), Haris Seferović (Benfica)

Goalkeepers: Mert Günok (İstanbul Başakşehir), Uğurcan Çakır (Trabzonspor), Altay Bayındır (Fenerbahçe), Gökhan Akkan (Rizespor)

Defenders: Zeki Çelik (LOSC Lille), Mert Müldür (Sassuolo), Merih Demiral (Juventus), Ozan Kabak (Liverpool), Çağlar Söyüncü (Leicester), Kaan Ayhan (Sassuolo), Umut Meraş (Le Havre), Rıdvan Yılmaz (Beşiktaş)

Midfielders: Abdülkadir Ömür (Trabzonspor), Cengiz Ünder (Leicester), Efecan Karaca (Alanyaspor), Halil Akbunar (Göztepe), Dorukhan Toköz (Beşiktaş), İrfan Can Kahveci (Fenerbahçe), Mahmut Tekdemir (İstanbul Başakşehir), Okay Yokuşlu (West Brom), Orkun Kökçü (Feyenoord), Ozan Tufan (Fenerbahçe), Taylan Antalyalı (Galatasaray), Hakan Çalhanoğlu (AC Milan), Yusuf Yazıcı (LOSC Lille)

Forwards: Burak Yılmaz (LOSC Lille), Enes Ünal (Getafe), Halil İbrahim Dervişoğlu (Galatasaray), Kenan Karaman (Fortuna Düsseldorf), Kerem Aktürkoğlu (Galatasaray)

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Danny Ward (Leicester City), Adam Davies (Stoke City)

Defenders: James Lawrence (St. Pauli), Ben Davies (Tottenham), Joe Rodon (Tottenham), Chris Mepham (Bournemouth), Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic), Rhys Norrington-Davies (Sheffield United), Neco Williams (Liverpool), Tom Lockyer (Luton Town)

Midfielders: Joe Allen (Stoke City), Joe Morrell (Luton Town), Ethan Ampadu (Chelsea), Matthew Smith (Manchester City), Jonny Williams (Cardiff City), Aaron Ramsey (Juventus), Dylan Levitt (Manchester United), Rubin Colwill (Cardiff City), George Thomas (Queens Park Rangers)

Forwards: Kieffer Moore (Cardiff City), Harry Wilson (Liverpool), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), David Brooks (Bournemouth), Tyler Roberts (Leeds United) Tom Lawrence (Derby County), Rabbi Matondo (Schalke), Mark Harris (Cardiff City)

*Does not include the following players with outstanding club commitments: Daniel James (Manchester United), Brennan Johnson (Lincoln City), Ben Cabango and Connor Roberts (Swansea City), Josh Sheehan and Tom King (Newport County).

Idiotologue

Turkey's first major tournament with its current golden generation. Expectations higher than it usually is for Turkish sides at major tournaments.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they crash out in the group stage or reach the Semis or something. There's usually no in-between for us.

Taneruit

Certainly the most interesting group in the tournament. (IMO). Unpredictable as anyone could beat anyone. (Yes, even Italy is certainly not safe against Switzerland or Turkey). Switzerland-Turkey will most likely be a major group decider.

Technically Wales is the underdog here, and that in itself is a weird thing to say.

vantoure

Turkey's first major tournament with its current golden generation. Expectations higher than it usually is for Turkish sides at major tournaments.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they crash out in the group stage or reach the Semis or something. There's usually no in-between for us.
Does Turkey have top players currently? where do they play, I probably know only of Genkis Undar

Idiotologue

Does Turkey have top players currently? where do they play, I probably know only of Genkis Undar
Çağlar Söyüncü and Cengiz Ünder for Leicester, Merih Demiral for Juventus, Ozan Kabak for Liverpool, Hakan Çalhanoğlu for Milan, Zeki Çelik, Yusuf Yazıcı and Burak Yılmaz for Lille, to name some of the names you might recognize.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
I have big hope for Italy. Never had such a generation of talents like these days: Barella, Bastoni, Chiesa, Pellegrini, Locatelli and Donnarumma are all potential world class players. Barella already is one of them, imo.
The only problem is upfront. We don't usually score many goals, albeit we create a lot of chances per game.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
I have big hope for Italy. Never had such a generation of talents like these days: Barella, Bastoni, Chiesa, Pellegrini, Locatelli and Donnarumma are all potential world class players. Barella already is one of them, imo.
The only problem is upfront. We don't usually score many goals, albeit we create a lot of chances per game.

Idiotologue

It's a very strong generation of players, but the 1973-1979 age group, who formed most of the World Cup winning side in 2006, is comfortably better. Buffon, Zambrotta, Grosso, Cannavaro, Nesta, Materazzi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Camoranesi, Totti, Del Piero, Toni, Inzaghi all born within that time frame.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ✔️
Am I the only mug that voted Wales to qualify? They got to the semis last time around and it'll be Bale and Ramseys last major. I think they'll qualify.

And I cannot wait till tomorrow. Italy are a dark horse for the tournament.

Taneruit

They've already played each other since the infamous 2006 Playoff matchup without incident. It was a one-off thing.
It wasn't. The brawl incident is widely known, but the animosity was for quite a while. (Spanning over 20 years) including club level.

That it never repeated is (aside from Turkey getting its **** together) that the reason itself doesn't exist anymore. We're not exactly hoarding players with Turkish descent anymore. The days of Kubilay Türkyılmaz or the Yakin brothers being considered national traitors by the turks are long over.

And I don't think any turkish person is crying rivers of blood over Eray Comert @asukru .

Jakarta

It wasn't. The brawl incident is widely known, but the animosity was for quite a while. (Spanning over 20 years) including club level.

That it never repeated is (aside from Turkey getting its **** together) that the reason itself doesn't exist anymore. We're not exactly hoarding players with Turkish descent anymore. The days of Kubilay Türkyılmaz or the Yakin brothers being considered national traitors by the turks are long over.

And I don't think any turkish person is crying rivers of blood over Eray Comert @asukru .

Man the Yakin brothers, that’s a blast from the past.

I used to love watching them in the CL with Basel.

Rimaal

Questionable Taste
Trusted ✔️
I'm looking forward to tonight's game. I was gonna go for A Turkey win in tonight's game but Superbru scared me by flashing a message telling that I'm going for a major upset, so I chickened out and went for a draw :lol:

I still think Turkey could win tonight.

Latest posts