Group B: Spain, Croatia, Italy, Albania

A_G

Lost A Bet
GQ3j4OHW0AApp3j

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sometimes I wonder about football scouting, about why its so enshrined when so many of these players were easy to spot years back.

Saw Calafiori for Roma as an 18 year old, and it seemed obvious to me that he was a huge talent. Seem to remember him scoring a wordly for them as a teenager too. No idea why the sold him to Basel - I assumed he must have injury trouble, but it just seems the coach didn't fancy him.
Everything is obvious in retrospect and you can't sign every talented youngster, much less Italian ones

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Actually I felt bad for Croatia, I have grown good feelings about them with years. They always played good football, very bravely and with so much courage. I feel sad watching them crying and lose that way against that poor Italy.
Imagine how it was to see Brazil crash out to Rossi in 82....

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Sometimes I wonder about football scouting, about why its so enshrined when so many of these players were easy to spot years back.

Saw Calafiori for Roma as an 18 year old, and it seemed obvious to me that he was a huge talent. Seem to remember him scoring a wordly for them as a teenager too. No idea why the sold him to Basel - I assumed he must have injury trouble, but it just seems the coach didn't fancy him.

To be fair scouting not only about player ability it also focus on his behavior and outside the pitch. Calafiori was sold because his path to 1st team was blocked very likely like many youngster
His path was blocked by ACL victim Spinazzola who was still injured and Matias Vina who had been regular but only played 3 more games before being sold. Just really odd decision making.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His path was blocked by ACL victim Spinazzola who was still injured and Matias Vina who had been regular but only played 3 more games before being sold. Just really odd decision making.
Yes true but at that time if I remember Spinazzola was vital for Italy to win euros and vina even turn out flop but Roma just bought him. Just similar when Milan sold Locatelli

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

Didn’t he blow out his who knee at Roma? To the point where they weren’t sure if he could play again.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom