Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England - The Group Of (Bored To) Death

GDeep™

League is very weak
Such arrogance for a country who’ve never seen their team win anything in their lifetime.
Golden era this, elite players that.
Even Greece have won the ****ing Euros. Until you lot do, humble yourselves.
You’re rattled for no reason. What’s wrong with saying this is the golden generation? It clearly is, there has never been depth like this before.

Stop being an angry hating scotsman. Be happy your nation made a tournament after 30 years.

El Realista

How was Kane not subbed? There was no point of Southgate taking 3 strikers when Kane under any circumstances won’t get subbed.
Even the same too late subs even when they were being sieged constantly. A better team wouldn't lose that match.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Saka played well and a disaster-class from the chav with the disgusting bowl cut...

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

England have won one tournament in almost 100 years. So England are unlikely to win with any manager.

Southgate isn't really the problem. Overrating domestic players is.

Its a combination. The players are very overrated but can win a trophy (Greece won the Euros in 2004) but then they need a better manager than Clowngate. He should write woke articles in The Guardian or replace Ange.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Such arrogance for a country who’ve never seen their team win anything in their lifetime.
Golden era this, elite players that.
Even Greece have won the ****ing Euros. Until you lot do, humble yourselves.

Sexy posting, this.

Better balance in attack if you play Bellingham in the nr 8 and Foden as nr 10 and bring on Anthony Gordon as LW. Another alternative is to just use Gordon instead of Foden if you really want to play TAA as a nr 8.

I don't know what Southgate is thinking. England reminds me of Arsenal last season right now, everything in attack happens on the right, the left side is not working at all.
You mean the Arsenal team second in the prem in goals scored?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

'The Serbs, largely outsung, for their part stuck to booing Bukayo Saka when he touched the ball and making claims about Kosovo.' - Guardian match report

Sounds like your set of fans this @albakos

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

A-M told me internationals are better than club footy
To be fair to International managers, how would Pep or Arteta get on if they had a bunch of players that they could only work with for a couple of weeks a year. Guessing the games would look a bit disjointed. This is why international matches are over rated imho. Took Arteta two and a half years to get out of mid table stuff.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can’t pick Rashford. It would be an insult to other players after the season he had. Also Rashford only ever started two competitive games in a tournament for Southgate and both were last game of the group after England won it. He has never been a starter

Giroud started for France for years despite being in and out of his club side. There are loads of examples of that.

Balance >>> shoehorning in players that have had a good season in a completely different team at club level.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Having watched them it just re-enforces my belief that I will be pretty stunned if England win this tournament, too many holes in their team for me.

Bellingham made me laugh last night though, tried to scrap a Serbian for no reason and then referred to himself as "Jude Bellingham" in his post match interview...man is out there acting like The Rock and I am here for it 😅

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
'The Serbs, largely outsung, for their part stuck to booing Bukayo Saka when he touched the ball and making claims about Kosovo.' - Guardian match report

Sounds like your set of fans this @albakos
Too bad that the Guardian and all other media missed the nationalist and hateful slogans, flags and chants about Kosovo.

Here's just a brief list

At least the England fans were in typical banter mode and rattled the few hyenas

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
First game of a tournament is like the CL group stages, you just get the win. You guys are going ott.

I think the same England have the quality to go all the way. also think Trent playing beside Rice is a good decision.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Eze should be under serious consideration for that left wing position. Think he gives Kane and Bellingham the best balance out there.

We could see a Saka euro 2020 style breakthrough if he gets his chance.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

To be fair to International managers, how would Pep or Arteta get on if they had a bunch of players that they could only work with for a couple of weeks a year. Guessing the games would look a bit disjointed. This is why international matches are over rated imho. Took Arteta two and a half years to get out of mid table stuff.

I do think it’s a fair point that elite managers wouldn’t touch international football in their prime for this very reason.

However I think there’s a gap between the level of Southgate who seems to have got the job because of his networking and someone like Deschamps.

Yes Deschamps is hardly a “great” football manager but the guy still won a Ligue 1 title as a coach. Criminal the way Southgate puts 10 men behind the ball every game if they get an early goal.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I do think it’s a fair point that elite managers wouldn’t touch international football in their prime for this very reason.

However I think there’s a gap between the level of Southgate who seems to have got the job because of his networking and someone like Deschamps.

Yes Deschamps is hardly a “great” football manager but the guy still won a Ligue 1 title as a coach. Criminal the way Southgate puts 10 men behind the ball every game if they get an early goal.

Ye Deschamps is **** and he’s still clear of Southgate.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom