Euro 2020 Group D: Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland

Who will go through to the next round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Two of the RBs can play in a 3, the other can play LB.

Why would you take Watkins when you have Kane, Calvert Lewin etc. Good squad for me, just Greenwood being injured is a mess.
Im just thinking like guardiola... where are the DMs and where are the strikers for plan B.

just a proper young fit classical hard working centre forward might be needed. Relying on Kane isnt advisable...and Calvert Lewin may need company or cover.

Idiotologue

Im just thinking like guardiola... where are the DMs and where are the strikers for plan B.

just a proper young fit classical hard working centre forward might be needed. Relying on Kane isnt advisable...and Calvert Lewin may need company or cover.
DM is Declan Rice, if he gets injured Jordan Henderson will slide over there. Can always switch to a 3, too.

How many back-ups do you want for one position? Kane and DLC are perfectly fine as CF options. In a freak scenario you put Rashford up front.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes
Just leave Trippier at home ffs. :lol:

Midfield very weak, Southgate probably has to go 3-4-2-1 now given the options available to him.

MauveGunner

This really does look like a very defensive squad. Was actually pretty hyped with England before the Euro's. Now I suspect boring matches.

GDeep™

Cute and Clever
6 fullbacks? come on Gareth. even tho i still think england capable of reaching semi final at least their talent upfront is best in europe apart from france maybe.
You take 4 fullbacks anyway. Kyle Walker will play RCB and England will play a 3. So that’s 5, Reece James can play there.

Southgate isn’t really taking 6 fullbacks.

GDeep™

Cute and Clever
Just leave Trippier at home ffs. :lol:

Midfield very weak, Southgate probably has to go 3-4-2-1 now given the options available to him.
Can’t see how you win anything with the midfield England have. Even the attack is a little overrated for me, Rashford is carrying an injury etc.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ✔️
You do wonder if its in England's best interest to win the group? Given who they will draw that's a nightmare game. Said it in the CL thread Cup games are all about luck. Getting a France, Germany or Portugal straight away is about as unlucky as you can get.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Saka in because Greenwood pulled out.

Saka

46 games, 17 goals/assists

Greenwood

52 games, 18 goals/assists

Not a massive difference so im not sure you are right. Maybe TAA got a place thanks to Greenwoods injury.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ✔️
If England finish 2nd they face 2nd place in a group containing Spain, Sweden, Poland and Slovakia. Last game and you need to not win to finish 2nd and play Slovakia or win finish first and place France. That game is being thrown.

Rasmi

I was half watching the press conference. Did Gareth say if he could take 5-6 rbs he would

dashsnow17

Sounds Like Hairspray
Trusted ✔️
I must say it seems strange to me that you have a front heavy team but choose to play a back 3/5, so by nature you have to leave an attacking player on the bench in favour of a defender. I don't get that. But then it is international tournament football, it's very rarely about playing good football.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ✔️
If he starts Sterling or Rashford over Grealish:red:

Should be

_______Henderson——Rice——-
—-Foden——Mount——-Grealish
——————-Kane———————-

England always suffers as players are picked based on reputation. Players should be picked based on the formation and relationships with other players. Form doesn't always translate when you play with unfamiliar players. I have always found it odd when the national team doesn't look to exploit relationships and the systems they play in their clubs.

Pickford-Godfrey
Chillwell-Mount
Walker-Stones-Sterling-Foden
Trent-Henderson
Bellingham - Sancho

----------------------Pickford
Walker-----Stones-----Mings----Chilwell
-----------------------Phillips
---------------Foden---------Mount
-------Sterling---------------------Grealish/Sancho/Saka
------------------------Kane

I don't really care about who plays at the back, so it's just to make a point and to have the left foot of Mings.

You are looking at a right side of the pitch who knows each other's game inside out.

All of the build up should go down the right and with Mount and Chillwell operating to the left, you can switch it out to get one of Grealish/Sancho/Saka 1v1.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Though he'd benefit much more from an extended summer break, I'm delighted for Saka.

Exceptional season in a poor Arsenal team.

I'd trust a competent manager to make use of his versatility but Southgate is not that manager.

CaseUteinberger

Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)
Nice goal by Saka. Hope he gets some minutes in the Euros.

Might have to secretly cheer for Scotland with Tierney playing for them. Our own super powered Tesco-boy!

Latest posts