Group D: Poland, Netherlands, Austria, France

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Giroud is the most overrated ‘underrated’ player of all time.

He’s a very unglamorous player who is used to balance the attack and make those around him better.

That’s about it, there’s no X Factor to him in any sense. So yes, put some respect on his name for managing to add enough value and balance to France to be a mainstay, but that’s about it. Let’s not start comparing him to the likes of Henry etc.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Nah, really only requires the biggest talent in the country being a dickhead and a dwarf making a sextape
As Seneca would say: "A great fortune is a great servitude" :cool:

outlawz

Southgate's waistcoat knitter
That's why I added thereabouts. In comparison to their competition I'd probably give the teams Giroud played in the nod, 2014 QF out vs eventual winners, 2016 final, 2018 winners, 2021 QF in upset, 2022 final.

I'd imagine the manager who oversaw that period must have been quite decent.

A_G

Lost A Bet
Giroud is the most overrated ‘underrated’ player of all time.

He’s a very unglamorous player who is used to balance the attack and make those around him better.

That’s about it, there’s no X Factor to him in any sense. So yes, put some respect on his name for managing to add enough value and balance to France to be a mainstay, but that’s about it. Let’s not start comparing him to the likes of Henry etc.
Did well to have the career he did considering he was a late bloomer, but he caused us a lot of pain. That shouldn’t be forgotten.

Kuroske

Wouldn't read too much into it, as with England yesterday. Both were in second gear r

It is important to win your first game in the group stage to take away some pressure. I don't believe that they took it easy by playing 75% of their capacity. This is not the final game when you are already qualified for next round.

I think you will be disappointed if you think England will change into Man City under Southgate during the tournament.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It is important to win your first game in the group stage to take away some pressure. I don't believe that they took it easy by playing 75% of their capacity. This is not the final game when you are already qualified for next round.

I think you will be disappointed if you think England will change into Man City under Southgate during the tournament.

Nah, I don't believe England or France were holding back, just had an off day but generally major sides grow into major tournament.

Same way I'm not going overboard with Germany hammering a really poor Scotland side first up.

I wouldn't be particularly concerned with England or France's performances. I still think they're the best sides in the competition.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nah, I don't believe England or France were holding back, just had an off day but generally major sides grow into major tournament.

Same way I'm not going overboard with Germany hammering a really poor Scotland side first up.

I wouldn't be particularly concerned with England or France's performances. I still think they're the best sides in the competition.

I thought they were way better last night than you were throwing 10 men behind the ball against Serbia.

Class of the competition and if they could finish should’ve been an easy 3 or 4.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, July 13

Arsenal and Bologna are working to find a compromise on the structure of the transfer fee [Di Marzio]

Nuno Tavares has signed his contract as a Lazio player until 2029 [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom