• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gunnersaurus: Back From The Dead

m-due

Not sure if they did but Arsenal media outlets could have easily came out and clarified their move before this snowballed.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not sure if they did but Arsenal media outlets could have easily came out and clarified their move before this snowballed.
They did, but it’s more fun for many to exaggerate the f*ckery.

Jae

That's like saying if sky sack the guy who fixes the satellite dish you're not happy because you pay for his salary through your sky subscription.

You pay sky to watch football.

Same way you pay your season ticket to watch the home games.

You buy a programme to read

You buy a pie to eat....if you were buying the pie to throw at gunnersaurus and he wasn't there.. then yes you do have right to pissed.

I don't think you understand mate. :lol: Honestly it's quite simple.

How do you think the club earns its money? Why do you think the club is struggling so much financially without fans going the games?

OSBK

Established Member
We have a billionare owner and we are letting people like this go. He is part of the furniture of the club. This guys wage is literally loose pocket change for our owner.

In times like this stan should be using these situations to win over fans. He probably doesnt even know this guys exists.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

We have a billionare owner and we are letting people like this go. He is part of the furniture of the club. This guys wage is literally loose pocket change for our owner.

In times like this stan should be using these situations to win over fans. He probably doesnt even know this guys exists.
You guys buying into this just makes it worse tbh :lol:

The club is at fault for not explaining stuff and letting people say whatever.
The downside of Kronke’s 100% ownership, he doesn’t have to explain anything - this is the actual problem not the cutting of minor jobs.

All I can say is don’t fall for the headlines, or Özil’s antics - it’s nowhere near as bad as a lot of you think.

Quy was part of the 55 jobs that got let go months ago. His job wasn’t actually the Gunnersaurus suit, he was just happy to do it.
You guys have to ask yourselves why this news leaked on transfer deadline day or do some research atleast. Sloppy journalism and sensationalism at its finest.

Aubamagoal

Sacking a guy whose job is redundant due to covid makes perfect sense economically and financially for Arsenal as a business.

Sacking a guy who is on maybe £40k a year and who dedicated 20+ years to being our mascot is shameful, disgusting and heartless for Arsenal as a football club.

I don’t support us for being a well run business. I would rather see Arsenal step it up during the hardship and show the community that they will treat their employees like humans and reward loyalty.

this whole saga has been disappointing from the club and management.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Kronke is a skunk. People who defend him should be aware they are defending a worthless individual who does not give two hoots about the Arsenal, his "soccer" team.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Kronke is a skunk. People who defend him should be aware they are defending a worthless individual who does not give two hoots about the Arsenal, his "soccer" team.
Not defending him just saying those articles were malicious - instead of getting outraged actually look at what happened and when.
Those jobs were going to go covid or no covid, if jobs aren’t needed they tend to go. Football is no different.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not defending him just saying those articles were malicious - instead of getting outraged actually look at what happened and when.
Those jobs were going to go covid or no covid, if jobs aren’t needed they tend to go. Football is no different.
I thought they were, to start off with at least, more humorous than malicious but they were asking for it. I mean what they saved on those poor coffee sellers was risible. If they ran a tighter ship we wouldn't be paying Mesut £350,000 a week and they needn't have sacked anyone.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I thought they were, to start off with at least, more humorous than malicious but they were asking for it. I mean what they saved on those poor coffee sellers was risible. If they ran a tighter ship we wouldn't be paying Mesut £350,000 a week and they needn't have sacked anyone.
The pitch and the office stuff are two different things, not to mention what happens on the pitch is paramount.
Özil’s salary was a good idea at the time as most of us believed he would positively benefit us to keep him around.

All this fake outrage about the club not paying employees we didn’t even know about and no longer need is ridiculous. Its not a charity.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The pitch and the office stuff are two different things, not to mention what happens on the pitch is paramount.
Özil’s salary was a good idea at the time as most of us believed he would positively benefit us to keep him around.

All this fake outrage about the club not paying employees we didn’t even know about and no longer need is ridiculous. Its not a charity.
It’s a charity when it’s asking it’s players to take a wage cut, the only club in the PL to do so. Some players never kick a ball again if they ask why and where is the money going.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Sacking a guy whose job is redundant due to covid makes perfect sense economically and financially for Arsenal as a business.

Sacking a guy who is on maybe £40k a year and who dedicated 20+ years to being our mascot is shameful, disgusting and heartless for Arsenal as a football club.

I don’t support us for being a well run business. I would rather see Arsenal step it up during the hardship and show the community that they will treat their employees like humans and reward loyalty.

this whole saga has been disappointing from the club and management.
Imagine running a business and paying someone who is currently doing **** all. Unless this guy can double as a data analyst or a role that is needed but currently not being met, then guess what? He's getting laid off. It's a business people.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It’s a charity when it’s asking it’s players to take a wage cut, the only club in the PL to do so. Some players never kick a ball again if they ask why and where is the money going.
But this is unproven. Once again stating facts when you don’t know.

It could be the China thing for all you know. Could be a number of things with Özil, but he has his own thread for that.

Letting people go during the pandemic isn’t right but it’s a reality. If it was revealed loads of people were being paid unnecessarily by the club, people would complain.

GDeep™

League is very weak
But this is unproven. Once again stating facts when you don’t know.

It could be the China thing for all you know.
Could be a number of things with Özil.
We’re all guessing, and it’s as good a guess as any. Before the pay cut he was involved in every game, after the pay pay cut he hasn’t played one second.

That wasn’t my point anyway, more about the club taking charity when it suits them.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

We’re all guessing, and it’s as good a guess as any. Before the pay cut he was involved in every game, after the pay pay cut he hasn’t played one second.

That wasn’t my point anyway, more about the club taking charity when it suits them.
Well I’m sure if they could have made our excess players redundant they would have - but they can’t hence wage cuts.

Why pretend admin staff and 1st team players are dealt with the same way? Do the club want to pay Sokratis and Özil? No - that’s not charity that’s by force.

Top Bottom