• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Half Season Review - Part Two

JazzG

Established Member
Another lovely article by Ally :)

Your abit harsh on Paddy though, he spent the whole summer injured. Had pretty much no pre-season and had to use proper matches to get his fitness back. Against Newcastle I felt he finally had got back to his old self, we were dominating them, then he got injured :(

Otherwise top notch

Jasper

Gilberto and Vieira play too similar a style. Which is bad. In a 4-4-2 especially Arsène's we would like to have one midfielder to hold the middle as a DMC and another to go up and down the field to create chances. Vieira and Gilberto don't play off one another! It's as bad as a combo as Owen and Heskey. These two need different partners.

I have no problems with Pires or Ljundberg. In fact I'm delighted they are playing for us.

A

Anonymous

Good article with interesting views.

But your 9/10 rating of Edu is ludicrous. He has been nothing more than average this year and two decent performances (Anfield and Milan) does not warrant such a high rating.
If he has been so good this year he would have partnered Vieira yesterday, but instead Wenger rightly choose Parlour.
Also after his supposed great run in the team he was dropped after the Chelsea game and replaced by the returning Parlour, showing Wengers lack of confidence in him.
He has been no more than a 6/10 imo.

The Mini

6/10 for Vieira is slightly mellodramatic, he hasn't exactly been the same player this season but I would given something like 7.5/10.

Edu is quite a fair comment, possibly a bit high.

Van B better only be for this half-season, he's not normally that bad

Ally

Note to self - must provoke more controversy in the future...... ;)

Watch out for the final part which, incredibly, covers the strikers. Should be with you any day now. Enjoy. :)

Top Bottom