• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hanna Ljungberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guns and Arses

She's the superstar in the Swedish Women's national team. She scored a goal in the World Cup final but it was Germany who lifted the cup in the end. She's such an outstanding player that Perugia wants to sign her to play against the men. I just wonder if any of you here ever saw her playing and is there any connection with Freddie besides the surname?

Sammer

Established Member
Guns and Arses said:
She's the superstar in the Swedish Women's national team. She scored a goal in the World Cup final but it was Germany who lifted the cup in the end. She's such an outstanding player that Perugia wants to sign her to play against the men. I just wonder if any of you here ever saw her playing and is there any connection with Freddie besides the surname?

That must be a joke. I am not being chauvinistic, but the physique (speed etc.) doesn´t allow women to be able to compete with the men in soccer.

barnone

[quote="Sammer
That must be a joke. I am not being chauvinistic, but the physique (speed etc.) doesn´t allow women to be able to compete with the men in soccer.[/quote]

Agreed. You can certainly appreciate some of the female players' skill level, but the athleticism doesn't compare. Here in the States of course Mia Hamm has always been regarded as the best woman US player (in her prime anyway) She wouldn't get a shot off against an MLS team.

PolishGooner

I tried to check it. According to my news Hanna is not a family of our Freddie. Just the same surname. It must be popular name in Sweden like Smith in UK or Kowalski in Poland (BTW: I dont know any Kowalski!). We should sign her

torgrim

Sigh. Ljungberg is a pretty common surname in Sweden. I guess she's pretty good by womens standards, which doesn't mean much.

Hanna is probably 1, 60 m and 60 kilos, which is about 5.2 and 132 pounds. Even if she's a muscular female athlete (and she's not, she is a bit tubby, the way women should be) she'd still have less muscles than the average man. Imagine her going into a tackle with a Serie A player, a top trained athlete, who weighs about 190 pounds. Broken bones unless the flubber absorbes the impact.

This is just some stupid publicity stunt done by the Perugia board, it's just not Hanna, another Swede called Svensson and a Norwegian called Guldbrandsen have also been mentioned in this hoax.

The whole idea of bringing a female star into the men's game is ridiculous. The physical differences make it impossible. And this time I actually know what I'm talking about, Norway's ladies team won the Olympics in 2000, they've also won the World Cup. They play friendlies against local U-17 teams to get a rough workout. And they lose. One of the worlds best national sides against a bunch of schoolboys. Rachel Yankey wouldn't standout alongside Arsenal's U-14 either.

Guns and Arses

Perugia's boss is crazy, he's the one who sacked the Korean striker when after Italy lost to S.Korea in the World Cup.

Anders Limpar

Hanna rules...

Despite he physic she would dominate the EPL if given the oppertunity. She won't go to Perugia when she is waiting for an better offer from Roma, Inter, Juve or Milan, Real or Barca...

...the only thing that stand in her way to be recognized as the best footballer in the world ever is you and you fellow chauvinistic prats around the world...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :shock: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
English only please
As most users on here will not understand what you wrote
If you want to speak to each other in another language to english please pm each other
thank you
That is why I took it out of the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom