• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Harry Redknapp

Alfonso

Established Member
It is tough to say but so far Redknapp has done a terrifc job at the shower of ****e up the road. 6 games, 5 wins and 1 draw. Maybe they have had some luck go their way which didnt occur before under Ramos, but nonetheless he has galvanised a team which was clearly down in the dumps and very low on morale. Of course you could debate that the only way was up for 'Arry following his arrival but getting 4 points from two top 4 side teams when a week ago the club was in a crisis is an achievement in itself.

Unfortunately, I would not put a top 6 finish behind them and they are always dangerous in the cups. Redknapp is not the best tactically but his man-management skills are up there with the best. I got to admit his impact so far has surprised me as I thought he was just your run of the mill average gaffer in his West Ham days. 'Arry Houddini did a wonderful job at Pompey too.

They got 3 relatively easy fixtures coming up so it looks like the Redknapp revolution will continue and Darren Bent cant stop scoring.

Its early days thus far but have Sp**s finally found their man?

SimplyFabregas

Established Member
No, it will all go tits up as it always does.

They are just riding the new manager good feeling train and the result against us, as soon as that first defeat and how they deal with it, will be a better judge of where their at with Harry.

Kain

Established Member
Agreed with Simply, there is deeper problems at the Spuds then abit of man-management can fix, when them problems rear there heads again we'll be better to judge Harry.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Meh. I think Ramos' Sp**s looked better in the big games, where they dominated matches against all of the top 4. It was only after the Summer where it all went tits up for him.

Let's see how Harry's doing when the 'new manager morale' leaves the club. I wouldn't be surprised if they go through the whole season switching from runs like this one to their start of the season form and back again. Plus it looks like with the new stadium he's not going to have too much to spend without selling.

And of course, let's not forget this is Sp**s. Better Sp**s teams than this have cocked up in the past and they never ever seem to learn from their mistakes. Best they can hope for is a top 8 finish and the Carling cup this season.

DREVAK

Established Member
I second the notion that so far it has been mostly the appointment of a new manager and not the manager itself that has brough them results. In the long run they might prove me wrong but right now I do believe that should the situation be reversed – Tottenham languishing under Redknapp and the manager getting replaced by Ramos – then the Spaniard would have brought them positive results as well, or any other manager for that matter.

Although the contrast might not be so huge. As I think Redknapp not being a foreigner plays a certain role too. I would not be surprised by the players, English players to be precise, reacting very negatively to Ramos after some time. Especially when most of that time was spent losing. And in turn being even more so rejuvenated by getting not only a new manager, but an English one on top of that.

However not to sound as if I attribute their very solid form of late to a mere change in leadership and play down any other factors, as I said they might continue on this right track even in the long run. It would not be a huge surprise. Just as it would not be a shock if the results dried up after a short while. But I believe we are at neither of the two possibilities yet.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
The "new manager" effect is taking place now, but we can't really deny Harry is quite a good manager. He has done a terrific job at Pompey in the past, and its no surprise with a better squad he have at his disposal now, he is doing well.

But still, I hope they will fall soon

Alfonso

Established Member
Another one bites the dust...

(doesnt feel as good since we lost as well).

Rocafella

Established Member
Harry would have been better off biding his time for a bit longer at Pompey, until Hughes gets sacked at Man City, which I think is inevitable really.

IBL

Established Member
this is the guy that Harry Redknapp reminds me of

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AbNBj6S5xs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AbNBj6S5xs</a>

Alfonso

Established Member
As much as it pains me to say you cant deny the job this guy has done since being appointed manager of the shower of ****e up the road.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
You sure do say it a lot seeing as it pains you!

I think he's had his honeymoon period. The next month or two will determine how good of a job he is doing. They are still only 1 point off the relegation zone. A couple of defeats and they'll be right back in the relegation battle. Ultimately, they still aren't playing very good football.

No doubt he'll sign 2 dozen africans in the january transfer window, one will turn out to be good an dhe'll be hailed as a transfer magician. Meanwhile he'll be telling the world that Villa are about to sign Titus Bramble whilst he secretly buys him himself.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Some wise words, Stevo.

I think Sp**s will be involved in another midtable or relegation battle this season as well. Both West Ham, Man City and - even though they haven't showed it this far - Blackburn have better squads than they do, and they are all parking in or around the relegation zone already. It's bound to trigger a reaction soon. At least two of them will climb past Tottenham during january or february at the latest. I don't think they're even close to the squad they had in 05/06, which was their only good season in modern time. They need, at least, two new strikers, three new midfielders, two new defenders and one new goalkeeper if they're even thinking of competing with Everton in the long run. Even Wigan are better than they are. It's not something you just fix in january, or even next summer. And Redknapp, while he's got some very good people skills, isn't the smartest manager around. I really doubt he can build a team that climbs higher than he did at Portsmouth.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I don't know Klaus, I think he did a really impressive job at Porstmouth, and could do an even better one with the resources he has at Tottenham. He's started off pretty well, and I can see him building on it. They lack players in certain areas, and you can bet they have the money to rectify it. They don't have Comolli anymore, so it will be interesting just how they work the transfer market. It's hard to judge just what will happen to them, but I am sure they will be a change in direction with the new setup they have now. Time will tell, whether it's for better or worse.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I don't think he did anything particularly impressive at Portsmouth. He had a lot of money made available and signed a couple of safe cards. A fair share of good players at the end of their career came in. He was surrounded by a good organisation as well. Sp**s might have the money to buy a couple of players, but then again not all was Comolli's fault with their decline in the past. Jol still had a say in the signings, as did Ramos. I think that their impatience is what's stopping them the most from succeeding. Most likely they'll compete in mid-table this time next year and then they'll fire their third manager in as many years.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I don't think he did anything particularly impressive at Portsmouth. He had a lot of money made available and signed a couple of safe cards. A fair share of good players at the end of their career came in. He was surrounded by a good organisation as well. Sp**s might have the money to buy a couple of players, but then again not all was Comolli's fault with their decline in the past. Jol still had a say in the signings, as did Ramos. I think that their impatience is what's stopping them the most from succeeding. Most likely they'll compete in mid-table this time next year and then they'll fire their third manager in as many years.

I still think your doing him a disservice. He had money but he most definitely spent it wisely on relatively good players. Obviously, he isn't no top class manager, but I think his experience in the league could prove beneficial for Tottenham. I don't expect him to do any better than Jol, though.

Alfonso

Established Member
Won 22 games out of his first 44 at Sp**s.

Doing a terrific job at the moment as much as it pains me to say.

Going by comments above have we all underestimated Harry?

ricky1985

Established Member
He's spent a fortune - Crouch, Defoe, Keane, Palacios, Bassong, that's £50m right there. They've beaten Liverpool at home and one of the worst teams in Premier League history away from home. They looked unbelievably **** defensively last night, lets wait and see.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Any decent manager could have saved that Sp**s side from relegation last season.

This season, he's only beaten Liverpool and Hull so far.

He's a good manager, but he's been around for ages - he has to know I thing or two by now.

And he's a huge ****.

Alfonso

Established Member
Yes, but its not just about this season. He got them to finish 8th after their worst start in their history. He stablised the ship and now he is looking to push on. He has got good man-management skills and has a wealth of experience of the British game. I think he has proven to be a very good appointment and Sp**s are lucky to have him following some poor managerial choices over the last decade.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom