• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hatem Ben Arfa

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
jones said:
Afellay definitely for me. Ben Arfa is way too inconsistent and 90% of the time his only concern is dribbling his way through to goal, whereas Afellay has way more in his locker, his passing game went up a notch in his time at Barca too.

Affelay is more consistent but BA can be an actual genius at times.

Mastadon

Established Member
mavelous said:
E21m is about 17m GBP, or the same as the asking price for M'Vila. why not? the player is proven in the league, closer to his prime and plays for a club that's much more likely to consdier us a rival than Rennes, and is much better technically - something that we as a club are in urgent need of, especially if you consider the possibility of RVP leaving and Wilshere/Diaby being out for extended period of time.

Yes, I'd love him here. It's about the price level that class players go for, he has flair about him that could improve us.

Agree with this the price really isnt that much. TV revenues are going up and commercial revenue will be up in a couple of years we can easily afford this. If we decide not to sign him I hope its not because of the price.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Mastadon said:
mavelous said:
E21m is about 17m GBP, or the same as the asking price for M'Vila. why not? the player is proven in the league, closer to his prime and plays for a club that's much more likely to consdier us a rival than Rennes, and is much better technically - something that we as a club are in urgent need of, especially if you consider the possibility of RVP leaving and Wilshere/Diaby being out for extended period of time.

Yes, I'd love him here. It's about the price level that class players go for, he has flair about him that could improve us.

Agree with this the price really isnt that much. TV revenues are going up and commercial revenue will be up in a couple of years we can easily afford this. If we decide not to sign him I hope its not because of the price.

I think Theo, Ox, Podolski, Wilshere (Gervinho, Ramsey also :? ) will be the reason we do not break our transfer record to sign Ben Arfa.

RW options: Theo, Gervinho, Ox
LW option: Podolski, Gervinho, Ox
AM options: Wilshere, Rosicky, Ramsey, Diaby, Ox

unless we lost a couple of options I don't see why we would buy BA or why BA would come here to be frank.

Mastadon

Established Member
Agree that we have plenty numbers wise and its very unlikely that we will sign him but I think our AMC position is up for grabs. Wilshere could play the deeper midfield role like he did pre injury and if Wenger doesnt play the Ox there the remaining options are significantly weaker than Ben Arfa. But I dont think it will happen anyway since Wenger has too much faith in our existing options.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
17m is way too much for a player like Ben Arfa, we can get dodgy injury records and off the pitch issues for a price lower than that.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
jones said:
17m is way too much for a player like Ben Arfa, we can get dodgy injury records and off the pitch issues for a price lower than that.

? De Jong mauled him once and he was out for the season. He came back from that and put himself on the map instantly.

If you bought Ben Arfa and sold Walcott for an equal value I think it'd be a fantastic bit of business. If you system isn't going to change, Ben Arfa would probably be the superior player.

Wouterus

Dokaka said:
If you bought Ben Arfa and sold Walcott for an equal value I think it'd be a fantastic bit of business. If you system isn't going to change, Ben Arfa would probably be the superior player.
I'd rather keep Walcott. He is English and a homegrown player, we don't have too many of them. He had a decent season and Van Persie likes him. Walcott is also two years younger than Ben Arfa.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Dokaka said:
Played over 40 games 3 seasons in a row. Same numbers as Alex Song.

Mostly substitute appearances due to coming back from or aggravating persistent injuries. Look at his minutes played stats and you'll find he played about 20 games a season, all competitions.

Nothing like Alex Song, who's younger than Ben Arfa and still has about double his playing time under his belt. Even Diaby has more minutes on the pitch than this guy.

athreya74

I would have loved to have signed sometime back. But after reading about troubles in the French camp at the Euros, I am vary of adding too many French players at Arsenal. Looks like the current generation of French players are totally spoiled brats epitomised by Nasri of course. Ben Arfa also looks to be trouble. (What a change from the 1998-2006 generation) I might be wrong but given Wenger's penchant for indulging players, I would rather sign some 'grown-up' players.

If we have to sign a player from Newcastle and he has to be French (in the N'Zog tradition) I would rather we are linked with Cabaye.

Sam the Duck

Ben Arfa in Arsenal 'come and get me' plea

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/01/14/3672324/-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... /3672324/-</a>

"I am interested in Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Today, these clubs are above Newcastle," Ben Arfa told BeIn Sport.

"During the summer, there was contact with Chelsea. But I wanted to stay in Newcastle. When you've tasted England, it's hard to go elsewhere. There is everything to make you happy here."

The 25-year-old also predicted that rumoured Magpies target Loic Remy would "explode" if given the chance to play in the Premier League.

"Remy is right to come here," he continued. "This is a player who has shown that when he is confident he can be a great striker. He will like it here and I, along with other French players, will help him. He will explode."

And, despite stating that he intends to remain in the Premier League, Ben Arfa did concede that a move to Paris St. Germain could lure him back to his native France.

"Today, my goal is to stay in England," he added. "Paris St. Germain, why not? This is the club of my dreams."

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If he's fit now, offer Newcastle £20M for him and put him on that RW!

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Hardly a good show of loyalty/professionalism, if he does well here he'll be calling for City, Real, PSG to take him. Plus we aren't paying 15-20m for Ben Arfa

Pies

Fantastic player.
Can't see us splashing the cash on him, think if Wenger wanted him he would have gone for him many years ago. Would love him here or a player in a similar tricky attacking wide player though.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We will only go for him if he's available for under 15, theres no way we'd spend close to 20 million for him

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Talented player, but has a history of being an obnoxious ****. 20m for him is far too much either way.

baccy_man

Established Member
I can remember when we were supposed to have had him in the bag 3 or 4 years back and nothing ever materialised,
I don't suppose anything will this time around.

Top Bottom