• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hatem Ben Arfa

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's a 12-15M player for me, for anything more I would want someone more consistent, I would still put Ben Arfa in the 'flaky'category.

He was cheap a few years ago, like under 5M, we should have jumped on back then really.

fabo

6.51 / 10
He's a flaky showpony, capable of a bit of magic once every month or so. 20m my arse, I'd struggle to go above 10m. Another French player who failed to live up to the hype.

Giroud

Established Member
Spot on there, he's very flaky. Produces the odd flash of brilliance before disappearing out of games. Again not the quality we need to make our attack dangerous again. We have enough inconsistent and average attackers.

Gunner_Brody

Tad injury prone and inconsistent he is a footballer i would class as abit of an enigma. for 10-15M id say he is worth it an improvement on our wingers in terms of ability really

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Can genuinely produce magic and is exactly the type of player we need in the wide forward positions whether he is the player we need is another argument though!

thedon5

We need a new winger, Ox is being played far too often for my liking and I don't want to see Ramsey there ever again.

I wouldn't be overjoyed with this signing, he is definitely very inconsistent and injury prone, plus he definitely has some serious attitude issues. However, considering we definitely need someone, and that the only other names we've seen pop up are Zaha and Adrian, I'll take Ben Arfa every day of the week. He is adjusted to the league, and we are severely lacking in flair and moment of magic sort of players in our front line.

Mastadon

Established Member
I would safely say none of our attackers has the flair and skill of Ben Arfa or is as capable of producing that moment of magic. He would go straight into the first team on the left of our attack ahead of Podolski imo.

outlaw_member

Established Member
The French generation of 87 really failed to live up to its early promise. Menez, Remy, Nasri, Ben Arfa and even Benzema have all struggled in one way or another.

Segway

Mastadon said:
I would safely say none of our attackers has the flair and skill of Ben Arfa or is as capable of producing that moment of magic. He would go straight into the first team on the left of our attack ahead of Podolski imo.

I agree. Ben Arfa is the best dribbler in the league. However inconsistent he may be, he could really add a lot of flair to our attack. Don't want Podolski benched though. Think he has been one of our best players this season.

Pies

outlaw_member said:
The French generation of 87 really failed to live up to its early promise. Menez, Remy, Nasri, Ben Arfa and even Benzema have all struggled in one way or another.

They all have had some ups and downs...I would still take any of them here in a flash.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wont happen but he is more or less what we need tbh. Attacking midfielder converted winger, no idea why we never got him long ago, seemed obvious.

Must be a reason why Wenger over looked him though unless his attitude THAT bad? other than the whoring himself out to other clubs, should be used to that around here by now.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
psycho said:
Wont happen but he is more or less what we need tbh. Attacking midfielder converted winger, no idea why we never got him long ago, seemed obvious.

Must be a reason why Wenger over looked him though unless his attitude THAT bad? other than the whoring himself out to other clubs, should be used to that around here by now.

Wenger preferred Na$ri.

thedon5

Mastadon said:

He is far better on the right where he cut inside onto his left foot.

I'd like to see him ahead of Ox.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Leaving in the summer (I know welcome to last week)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-hatem-ben-arfa-3414043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... fa-3414043</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfer-news-hatem-ben-3387111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... en-3387111</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For

His dribbling would add another dimension to our attack
Cheap as he's forced his way out
French
Said he wants to come here (amongst other clubs) recently

Against

Doesn't track back
Attitude issues
Overweight

I don't think it happens, Wenger wants his wide forwards to press.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not been consistent has he? Think Wenger would have got him by now if he wanted him. We got the better option in Nasri and lost him. Looks like Wenger was right looking at the two now...

GDeep™

League is very weak
We're not Aston Villa ffs. This guy barley keeps fit, and when he does, he's one of the most flaky players in the league. On his day, absolutely magical, but those days are about 3/4 a year.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
No ****, he is just not consistent enough, even for a squad option.

Better option for me would be Griezmann, if we want to go wide forward, Id excuse the time needed to adapt.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

We should steer way clear of him. He is not even a starter for Newcastle these days.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Would have taken him in the summer, however he's grossly regressed this season. His attitude clearly leaves something to be desired, and he isn't looking after himself. It's possible that at a bigger club, with better players around him, he can get himself in order, but I would rather us go for someone who's chance hasn't already come and gone, rather than taking a punt on Ben Arfa.

The Ben Arfa ship sailed, that year that we signed Nasri and we were meant to have all but signed him.

Like SA Gunner, I'd rather go for a player like Griezmann than 27 year old Ben Arfa.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
DanDare said:
Not been consistent has he? Think Wenger would have got him by now if he wanted him. We got the better option in Nasri and lost him. Looks like Wenger was right looking at the two now...
Shouldn't have got either, should've gone for David Silva.

Top Bottom