• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hatem Trabelsi

Adam

Established Member
While Lauren isn't bad (about as good as Neville hah) he certainly isn't at Toure's standard.

Kolo Toure is a stronger, quicker and more skillfull Thuram.

Thierrymarron

Toure is the most improved player at the club. He deserves to get the chances this season, as do a lot of the younger players, they've done great to get us to the carling cup semi's. As for toure being more skillful than Thuram i think only time will tell.

zerofeel

toure at centre back and about bloody time to bring on HOYTE to right back next season of cos by slowly intergrating him to the team...lauren knows by now tat his position is under threat...hahahhahahahahah :evil:

kajej

Adam said:
I don't disagree with you. But Wenger is very personal with the players, and it creates harmony throughout the club. The bigger players respect it and i think him keeping faith with the lesser players is encouraging to them. He's a father, and does not treat players like Cattle (Ferguson does).

Agreed. There are two kinds of successful coaches, the kind who is personal with players and carries on a great relationship with them(Wenger), or the kind who is strict and tough on them ( Ferguson).

siddharth

titi said:
I think lauren is having a poor season and remember he gave up internationals to keep his place in the arsenal first team hence i don't think we should be trying to buy anyone to replace him. Just hope he improves to last year's standard.

Thats Ridiculous and Annoying.
You say we should continue to play Lauren or any player for that matter even if a Better player was available.
That's B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T......I'm sorry but don't hv any other word.
He's average player n defensively utter CRAP.Not good enough for Arsenal.

As for him retiring from international football then that's his stupid mistake.He always took his place for granted in Arsenal line-up and now that Kolo is performing so well at RB coupled with Arsenal being linked with Trabelsi n Carr has scared the S.H.I.T out of him.
Also if you remember at the same time some weeks ago Lauren came out and announced that he's ready to come out of retirement n even made a plea to Cameroon manager.What an ASSHOLE!!

A

Anonymous

kajej said:
Adam said:
I don't disagree with you. But Wenger is very personal with the players, and it creates harmony throughout the club. The bigger players respect it and i think him keeping faith with the lesser players is encouraging to them. He's a father, and does not treat players like Cattle (Ferguson does).

Agreed. There are two kinds of successful coaches, the kind who is personal with players and carries on a great relationship with them(Wenger), or the kind who is strict and tough on them ( Ferguson).

Ferguson 8 titles in 10 tens yrs, wenger in 6 .

who is successful dude ?. Wenger does need to get tough and ruthless.

rest my case

patrick42uk

Established Member
oshawa_generals said:
kajej said:
Adam said:

rest my case

would wenger be a able to spend over 20 million on a player like ferguson? man utd have far greater resources than we do, is that wenger's fault?

siddharth

Adam said:
While Lauren isn't bad (about as good as Neville hah) he certainly isn't at Toure's standard.

You gotta be kidding.
Lauren as good as G .neville :shock: Plz give me a break.......
Neville is miles ahead of lauren in every department be it attacking,passing,crossing or defending.Alright neville ain't that solid as a defender but i would prefer him at Arsenal ANYDAY over Lauren.

JazzG

Established Member
oshawa_generals said:

rest my case

Ferguson has been at Manchester united since 1986. He won his first title in 1993, 7 years after taking over. Wenger won his first title in his first full year. In 6 full seasons Wenger has won 2 titles, 3 FA cups and never finished out of the top 2.

siddharth said:
You gotta be kidding.
Lauren as good as G .neville :shock: Plz give me a break.......
Neville is miles ahead of lauren in every department be it attacking,passing,crossing or defending.Alright neville ain't that solid as a defender but i would prefer him at Arsenal ANYDAY over Lauren.

I think your having a laugh. Neville has been decent and probably is better than Lauren but he isn't as good as your making it out.......

JGooner

1. Wenger probably does need to get tougher with some players, especially the French ones who occasionally treat games against the likes of Portsmouth and Bolton as a lowly chore - hence the dropped points.

2. Lauren is not a terrible player, he is just not good enough to be our first choice RB. I'd like to see him in midfield.

3. G Neville is a consistently good and under-rated player but not "miles ahead" of Lauren in all departments.

4. Ferguson's managerial record is peerless, at least in Britain.

He did indeed take a long time to win the title but that's because he was building a system that was going to last. It was his decision to avoid short-termism in favour of developing the youth system, which has provided the backbone of all his great teams over the past decade and contributed many of England's best players, such as Beckham and Scholes. As a result, the 1993 title was followed by a sustained period of domination that still hasn't ended. Wenger won the title in his first full season but it wasn't followed by another one for another four years. Our challenge is to build a base from which we can dominate for a decade like Man U have done - this will mean a constant flow of youth team players, aggressive commercial activity, and a new stadium.

It is also true that Ferguson has much more money than Wenger, but this is largely because of success that Ferguson himself has built. More importantly, he was a huge success at Aberdeen where he didn't have money. The fact that he briefly broke the Celtic-Rangers duopoly of Scottish football is a historic achievement that probably won't be repeated. We don't have to like the man, but let's not hear any doubts about his merits.

JazzG

Established Member
JGooner said:
He did indeed take a long time to win the title but that's because he was building a system that was going to last. It was his decision to avoid short-termism in favour of developing the youth system, which has provided the backbone of all his great teams over the past decade and contributed many of England's best players, such as Beckham and Scholes. As a result, the 1993 title was followed by a sustained period of domination that still hasn't ended. Wenger won the title in his first full season but it wasn't followed by another one for another four years. Our challenge is to build a base from which we can dominate for a decade like Man U have done - this will mean a constant flow of youth team players, aggressive commercial activity, and a new stadium.

It is also true that Ferguson has much more money than Wenger, but this is largely because of success that Ferguson himself has built. More importantly, he was a huge success at Aberdeen where he didn't have money. The fact that he briefly broke the Celtic-Rangers duopoly of Scottish football is a historic achievement that probably won't be repeated. We don't have to like the man, but let's not hear any doubts about his merits.

Fergie has been the manager for 17 years, that is about 10-11 more than Wenger. Surely it will only be fair to look at their records after Wenger has completed 17 years at Arsenal?

Fergie bought many english players through the ranks, good achievement but I don't think he will be able to do this again, very lucky such a good set came through. Notice how he is using a lot more younger foreign players, he couldn't crack europe with the english lot so he is trying foreign players.

Wenger's record in Japan and in Monaco is pretty good, he didn't have much to spend but did pretty damn well. He discovered players like Henry, Trez, Thuram and Weah as well. All have gone on to become superb players, got other players who weren't doing so well but had talent

Manchester United were able to increase the size of their stadium quite easily, it is in a large industrial area so no one was gonna complain. Had good and easy access and plenty of space. Having Beckham helped them in asia. They were the top team when football boomed so they were in an ideal position to take advantage.

I have never doubted his merits, he is great manager, one of the best ever. I don't like this nonsense about him being much better than Wenger, how can we compare the two?

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
JGooner said:
how can we compare the two?

that's soo right..both different managers with different achievments in different situations from different backgrounds with different finances and different clubs and different principals..
And yet people somehow start comparing them!

arsenal4life

oshawa_generals said:

rest my case

it's not calculated like that dude

in First 6 years of Ferguson what the hell did he achieved
1 FA cup

but in the First 6 years of AW
2 DOUBLES and 1 FA cup
also always be in the first 2 places

LET ALONE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE SPENDING POWER BETWEEN FERGUSON AND AW

OF COURSE AW IS BY MILES BETTER THAN UGLY FERGUSON

Soler

Established Member
I think it was Eddie Mighten who said it on Press Pass once when they were talking about who they thought was the best manager. Eddie said Capello, and Tommy (of course) said Fungason. Eddie then went and made a good point about Fungason ... how would he do in a situation similar to Leeds'? Answer? Piss poor.

Arsène is a better manager. He discovered players like Toure, etc. and brought them from the middle of nowhere to the best club in England. Has Fungason done anything like that? Nope ... he'll just spend 30 million quid on a useless player like Ferdinand instead.

A

Anonymous

Mad Jens...when Fergie arrived at Old Trafford he had nothing to spend..!

Also, Wenger inherited a decent side - Fergie didn't. Dont like the drunk obnoxious git, but hes a damn good manager. Ugh, gotta have a shower after saying that

Arjan

Mad Jens said:
I think it was Eddie Mighten who said it on Press Pass once when they were talking about who they thought was the best manager. Eddie said Capello, and Tommy (of course) said Fungason. Eddie then went and made a good point about Fungason ... how would he do in a situation similar to Leeds'? Answer? Piss poor.

Face it, ferguson is a very good coach, different from AW, but extremely succesfull and that's what counts.

And if You believe someone who says Capello is a good coach???
That is the most overrated manager ever. Look at what that man has achieved with sheer endless money and talent;
Nothing, look at the way Roma played against Milan, only defenders that is ****.
Please Abramovich, buy Capello. If you need extra cash to get Capello Mr Abramovich, just call

Soler

Established Member
Capello didn't do that bad at Milan. He led them to 4 Scudetto's and a Champion's League, and has won a Scudetto with Roma.

But that was with money behind him ...

Top Bottom