• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hatem Trabelsi

Adam

Established Member
Yes he would be excellent and would accomodate the development of Hoyte so that we would have a quality right back for the next 15 years.

At 27, with Hoyte 18 - he will be 30 by the time Hoyte is ready and physically developed when they can then battle for the long term position. IF we sign him that is.

Toure would then have to settle as being one of the best CB's rather than the best RB - we can't lose. Senderos will be gret cover for Toure for the coming years too as our defensive unit would match any in the world.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think he'll end up in Italy. I don't think we are overly interested in him. We have Lauren and Toure, with Hoyte also coming through.

lewdikris

Established Member
Depends on his priorities, dunnit?

He's spoken before of his admiration for Arsenal, and he's the best in the business at right back at the moment.

But does he want Chelsea's bucks or our class? Wenger WOULD take him if he wanted to come - of course he would, he's on a free, and enables us to have a defence of almost unparalleled strength and adaptability.

But if Chelsea offer him 90 grand a week - which is stupid money for a full back, but not unlikely for them - what are we supposed to do if he wants it?

Him and Toure beefing up the right side of defence would be AWESOME - and Trabelsi could fill in for the Genius if he decides to go on a bomb upfield from centre-half...

Adam

Established Member
He is more physically strong than Lauren so he could cover at CB - yes.

Chelsea would destroy Melchiot and Johnson by signing Trabelsi - so i cannot see why they are interested.

lewdikris

Established Member
Basically cos they would LOVE it if they could get Carlos and Trabelsi as their full backs.

Their chance - despite press rumours - of getting Carlos is precisely nil, but Trabelsi's definitely available ... and Melchiot's not that good, so why not?

Crazy fools...

JazzG

Established Member
I'm hearing Chelsea are going after Willy Sagnol and will put in a bid very soon, well according to the sun they will......

Carlos probably won't leave R.Madrid either.

Sammer

Established Member
I doubt that Bayern will sell Sagnol. They have a solid financial background and don´t need the money - plus: Sagnol is performing steadily on a high level.

I can´t see it happening.

Mark

Established Member
considering how much we've spent on reyes, i think it's worth waiting to get him for free, if he comes to us, great. if not, it's not a huge tragedy.

SuperBob

Trabelsi is a must if we can get him on a free! at 27 he's at his peak and have Hoyte as backup we should put Lauren in as a backup CM or RM were he is more comftorble. Imagine...

Trabelsi Cambell Toure Cole

Could be the best backline in the world.

Hoyte, Senderos, Cygan, Garry and Clichy as backup.

nosneb

is mexes really tat crap? i gotta admit i've never really seen him play but wif all the big names after him, u would've tot he was alrite.. most of wat i read here seems to indicate tat he aint all tat..

anyway, isnt trabelsi in his late 20's? whilst clearly not old and coming to his use-by date, doesnt tat preclude him since wenger wants young players whom he can mould and develop? furthermore, imagine if we got mexes.. in a few years when campbell retires, our backline would be

kolo, mexes, senderos, cole/clichy..

WOW!!
backline set for the next decade barring injury or player unrest..

then again, if wenger doesnt get mexes, it must be for a good reason.. dude is a saint!! :angel

btw, which aussie gooner said tat they're showing the FA cup arsenal-portsmouth replay on sbs tuesday.. matter a fact, they're showing bloody horseface vs fulham.. goddamn i miss malaysia! :mrgreen:

ps.. sorry for the long post :eek:ops:

AFCG7

Established Member
Thing about Trabelsi.. what is there to develop?
As fas as i am concerned he is the finished article already.. Wenger wont need to do that much with him.

-SAVIOLA-

Sorry about the re-post. I caem here and saw no one posted it, then later saw it was posted in the other one.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom