• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hatem Trabelsi

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I remember Wenger saying that Trabelsi can play in any defensive position. He could also be a candidate for the short term in the DM position until Diaby recovers.

jaguars4ever

Hey - Trabelsi is a decent player, but more importantly, there's nothing cheaper than FREE. You know, I reckon Roskicky and Trabelsi's wage increase would even be offset by the departing Sol Gamble who was on a monster of a salary.

Either decision is fine by me. Why? Arsène KNOWS.

Arsenal_FAN1983

I believe Lauren is thinking of leaving hence Wenger handing out a contract to Trabelsi, I think Lauren is on his way out should this transfer go ahead. :(

Harding

trabelsi looked more of a threat going forward than lauren ever did for the gunners, i not sure how he compares to lauren in terms of defending but i wouldnt mind seein trabelsi in an arsenal shirt and i honestly believe this deal could go through

jaguars4ever

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
I believe Lauren is thinking of leaving hence Wenger handing out a contract to Trabelsi, I think Lauren is on his way out should this transfer go ahead. :(
Yeah, I think you're right. Even if Trabelsi doesn't sign, the contract offer itself seems ominous. Arsène obviously doesn't feel Lauren is part of his future plans. Not that I'm questioning Le Boss, but Lauren has been one our most consistant and industrious performers and it would be sad to see a loyal servant go. :(

Harding

he been a great player for us, did a great job replacing dixon! i just think maybe now its time for eboue to do a great job replacing lauren, but with trabelsi in the frame it looks pretty concrete that lauren is on his way

Harding

all part of eboue growing as a player though i think, i doubt if eboue will try and pull anything like that again under wenger lol

jaguars4ever

Harding said:
he been a great player for us, did a great job replacing dixon! i just think maybe now its time for eboue to do a great job replacing lauren, but with trabelsi in the frame it looks pretty concrete that lauren is on his way
Don't forget that Gilbert will be snipping at their heels too. Ah, the luxury of competition. Squad depth's a wonderful thing.

JazzG

Established Member
RB was the last position in defense that needed strengthening imo so this seems very strange. Didn't this same agent said a few years ago that we had signed him only for the deal to fall through right at the last min (work permit problems or something) so unless I see him standing with Wenger with an Arsenal shirt I'm not so sure if this is a done deal

Mckenna

The main thing is that Lauren is a first team player. We can no longer offer him that if Eboue is going to be our first choice RB. Lauren has certain limitations that prevent him from being a great player, he doesn't have great pace which means the best wingers can get by him which causes him to be booked regularly in big games, thus reducing his impact because he has to reign in his game. I'm not saying he's not been a great servant for the club, but if we want to reach that highest level, then he's one of the players I would replace.

Eboue has the potential to reach that highest level, and while he develops, Trabelsi sounds like very able backup and competition for that slot. When he reaches an older age then Gilbert can slowly be integrated too.

In theory it's not fair on Lauren to keep him here as second choice. If he has a good offer from somewhere else he should be allowed to pursue it in order to maintain his first team position. If Trabelsi is available for FREE, then I'd sign him in a heartbeat, he's experienced competition and backup, cheap, and can do a great job. It would also free up Hoyte to cover the CB positions, because Hoyte is a versatile defender who can play all across the back line.

Go for it Arsène.

Legend#1

Established Member
The rumours about Lauren's injury being worse than first though, might be true.

Or he's definately off to Sevilla.

Trabelsi is brilliant imo, great going forward and better defensively than Eboue.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Legend#1 said:

Trabelsi is brilliant imo, great going forward and better defensively than Eboue.

So do you think Trabelsi could eventually pipe Eboue in that spot once he adapts to the Premiership?

Legend#1

Established Member
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Legend#1 said:

So do you think Trabelsi could eventually pipe Eboue in that spot once he adapts to the Premiership?
Trabelsi is a better RB than Eboue.

Eboue has the potential to be better, but not right now, contrary to belief, Eboue still has a few weaknesses.

kamikaze80

Established Member
i still dont think trabelsi is coming here, i think its agent talk to get better wage terms. we hear trabelsi rumours every year and he never comes, so i dont see why it should be different now that we have eboue.

but yes, if trabelsi does come, he'd clearly be first choice over eboue atm. hopefully, lauren is recovering well from his injury and the deal doesnt need to happen.

Kraig

Established Member
Am i mistaken, but cant Trabelsi play at CB too?? Therefore giving us depth and experience across our backline incase of the inevitable (Sol leaving us)

Kraig

Established Member
im aware lilian thuram can play both, but im also pretty sure that Trabelsi has played CB for Ajax for parts of the last couples of seasons

gunner_down_under

yeah probably.....but wouldn't it be better to leave Travbelsi for now, and sign a proper CB, instead of some "Grimandis"....although Trabelsi is a good RB, I reckon we're wel covered with Eboue and Lauren, who I really think we shouldn't let off, come on, the guy quit int'l football because he wanted to concentrate on playing for us......plus, he's not really as bad as most people think, he's quite consistent....and other than this forum, I dont think I have read anywhere that he's a liability for Arsenal.

Top Bottom