• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hatem Trabelsi

joe1coke

No Trabelsi.......!

For RB we have Lauren, Eboue, Kerrea Gilbert, and Justin Hoyte (for emergency duties). We need big calibre like Teves, klose, mascherano, or "El Nino" Torres.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Just thinking about it for RB position we got a lot of players who we will lose when there are tournements like the ANC. I guess that is when Gilbert comes in.

baccy_man

Established Member
there seems to be too much of this story in the media for Arsenal. to be behind this , things are usually kept quiet untill the deal is done,
when we were in for R.V.P. and the news leeked out from Fyenoord. we pulled out untill the next transfer window,
so this looks like his agent trying to get the best deal he can and linking us to him.

Arsenalguru

Just want to point out one thing.

IF Trabelsi really gets the contract from Arsenal, he should sign it before announcing to the public.

By doing this stupid PR, it means either Trabelsi is not satisfied with the contract offer or no contract exist.

The agent is trying to get the best wage package and is trying to get the interest from Liverpool and other CL European clubs who are looking for the RB player.

If he won't sign it this week, we should pull the plug off.

RammiXP

Arsenalguru said:
Just want to point out one thing.

IF Trabelsi really gets the contract from Arsenal, he should sign it before announcing to the public.

By doing this stupid PR, it means either Trabelsi is not satisfied with the contract offer or no contract exist.

The agent is trying to get the best wage package and is trying to get the interest from Liverpool and other CL European clubs who are looking for the RB player.

If he won't sign it this week, we should pull the plug off.

agreed! its tactics i can't see us getting him.

asajoseph

Established Member
Just to point out - there's nothing 'free' about a player who you're paying £30k a week.

Personally, I still think this is agent speak. Mainly because I can't believe that Wenger would be extravagant enough to start next season with potentially 3 world class right backs (and some good young talent), but the poverty we've got in the centre of midfield.

asajoseph

Established Member
As an ammendmant to my previous post:

That's unless we're planning on using him in the middle more regularly.

But I'm not sure how likeley that is.

otfgoon

Established Member
asajoseph said:
As an ammendmant to my previous post:

That's unless we're planning on using him in the middle more regularly.

But I'm not sure how likeley that is.

has he ever played in the middle?

fabregas

I'm not sure if he's the best at centre back but putting him as a right back would be where he would perform(as he shown in the world cup)..but of course we have tonnes of right backs and i don't think we would need him...

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i'd be sad if lauren left. ralph is such a stud. a truly steady performer. that said, if trabelsi comes in for him on a free, thats not a bad piece of business. trabelsi is very good. he's got bags of pace and loves to get forward. he would not be a bad addition to the squad at all.

hollow

Mckenna said:
The main thing is that Lauren is a first team player. We can no longer offer him that if Eboue is going to be our first choice RB. Lauren has certain limitations that prevent him from being a great player, he doesn't have great pace which means the best wingers can get by him which causes him to be booked regularly in big games, thus reducing his impact because he has to reign in his game. I'm not saying he's not been a great servant for the club, but if we want to reach that highest level, then he's one of the players I would replace.

Eboue has the potential to reach that highest level, and while he develops, Trabelsi sounds like very able backup and competition for that slot. When he reaches an older age then Gilbert can slowly be integrated too.

In theory it's not fair on Lauren to keep him here as second choice. If he has a good offer from somewhere else he should be allowed to pursue it in order to maintain his first team position. If Trabelsi is available for FREE, then I'd sign him in a heartbeat, he's experienced competition and backup, cheap, and can do a great job. It would also free up Hoyte to cover the CB positions, because Hoyte is a versatile defender who can play all across the back line.

Go for it Arsène.

Quoted for truth. I'd really love to see Hoyte and Gilbert make it.

kamikaze80

Established Member
i dont know why everyone presumes that a healthy lauren would automatically be 2nd choice. eboue will be better than him, i agree on that, but his form will drop. as good as eboue is, he's not going to play like thuram in his prime next season, i can almost guarantee that.

to me, it seems like the issue is whether lauren is hurt or not, but if he is, sevilla will not make a move for him, and i'm not sure why we'd make a move for a RB who has 2-3 great seasons left in him, thereby blocking eboue and gilbert. and when lauren recovers, we'd have trabelsi, lauren, eboue, gilbert all on our wagebook. would we play lauren just to showcase him so we can sell in january?

it's all very unwieldy and when the simplest conclusion is staring you in the face (that it's agent talk, after all, if he has a contract on the table, why isnt he signing it?), it's foolish to ignore it.

hollow

kamikaze80 said:
i dont know why everyone presumes that a healthy lauren would automatically be 2nd choice. eboue will be better than him, i agree on that, but his form will drop. as good as eboue is, he's not going to play like thuram in his prime next season, i can almost guarantee that.

to me, it seems like the issue is whether lauren is hurt or not, but if he is, sevilla will not make a move for him, and i'm not sure why we'd make a move for a RB who has 2-3 great seasons left in him, thereby blocking eboue and gilbert. and when lauren recovers, we'd have trabelsi, lauren, eboue, gilbert all on our wagebook. would we play lauren just to showcase him so we can sell in january?

it's all very unwieldy and when the simplest conclusion is staring you in the face (that it's agent talk, after all, if he has a contract on the table, why isnt he signing it?), it's foolish to ignore it.

The thing is Lauren has certain limitations which aren't going to go away at his age. Given the choice I would rather give minutes to the player that is at least potentially world class.

Top Bottom