• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hatem Trabelsi

asajoseph

Established Member
Even if Lauren goes back to Spain, surely Gilbert's proven he's adequate backup, and there's still Hoyte - we're already better covered in that position than we have been at any point I can recall in the past!

seanconvey66

I think Gilbert will go out on loan for a year and that leaves Eboue and Hoyte if lauren leaves. Hoyte doesnt exactly fillme with confidence.I like Eboue but hes only played 20 games for us, he might have the famous follow up season dip as Toure did as Reyes did, as Senderos did for half of last season....

asajoseph

Established Member
He might, but then again, if Lauren leaves there's probably little point letting Gilbert go out on loan - he might play every week in the Championship, but he'd be back the following season anyway (and Trabelsi would still be here), and he'd probably learn more in playing 10-15 odd games at Arsenal than he would in 25 for Leicester City.

seanconvey66

But i dont think he'd play 10- 15 games as even if lauren leaves, he'll be behind Eboue and Hoyte, he might get 3 or 4 games if he's lucky. I think a season in ths championship would bring him on massively. Ashley Cole went to Palce and played really well and came back and broke into our team pretty much straight away. I know lots of players have gone away and not come back or have then been sold, but if he's as good as we (i) think he is then a year on loan and he might come back and be straight in the first team picture.

asajoseph

Established Member
The only way he'll be behind Hoyte is if Wenger thinks Hoyte is better, and given Gilbert's performances last season that would surprise me.

But, that said, it doesn't change the situation any - if Wenger rates Hoyte highly enough to put him ahead of Gilbert, he'll also believe that we're still very well covered at right back, and won't see the logic in wasting time and money on Trabelsi.

Jameel46

Established Member
i'd say that hoyte offers more to arsenal than gilbert (because he can play in more positions) but gilbert gives more and tries harder when he plays.

arsenalule

does anyone else think that a contract was given to trabelsi, but that wenger explained he may be moved to a defensive midfield role on a part-to-full time basis? i think that scenario isn't totally farfetched. he could almost be guaranteed of a starting spot there, and the ocassional odd appearance at right-back. i wouldn't be against it...probably his reasoning for stalling. though if that is the case then he will almost certainly move to liverpool. damn...i hope that the alves bid is accepted by sevilla...

seanconvey66

arsenalule said:
does anyone else think that a contract was given to trabelsi, but that wenger explained he may be moved to a defensive midfield role on a part-to-full time basis? i think that scenario isn't totally farfetched. he could almost be guaranteed of a starting spot there, and the ocassional odd appearance at right-back. i wouldn't be against it...probably his reasoning for stalling. though if that is the case then he will almost certainly move to liverpool. damn...i hope that the alves bid is accepted by sevilla...

Trabelsi's strength is getting forward though so he would be totally wasted in a holding midfield role.

arsenalule

but the full back position and the defensive midfielder role are not that different. great defensive skills required with an ability to get forward. there are differences, but none that would be extremely detrimental.

Jameel46

Established Member
the defensive midfield role requires discipline, the player needs to stay back and not get carried away when going forward. i realise that he is a good player but Trabelsi joining arsenal makes no sense to me.

Harding

although i am not desperate for trabelsi to sign for us, for some reason i would hate for another prem club (scousers) to sign him. i think he is a great player, who is proven in the right wing back position, but the bottom line is that we have a significant amount of hot prospect players who are comfortable in the right back position, especialy eboue who i feel deserves to be a big part of the set up next season

_scorpion_

Established Member
I have heard that Trabelsi may be signed by Arsenal if we can qualify for the CL.

Liverpool is in the same boat - so it will depend on who offers him the most attractive personal deal.

jay-d

Established Member
Trabelsi is a right back, do we really need him? We are overloaded there. What do you think?

Legend#1

Established Member
Trabelsi is a RB.

We have Eboue/Lauren/Hoyte.

He's not needed, even if he plays CB, he'd play on the right side, where Djourou and Toure are.

We need a left sided CB.

This transfer won't happen.

dos1986

Established Member
The mirror and clubcall http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=286912 report man city are very close in signing Trabelsi which would be a great steal for them, it would be a good deal for us as the guy is quality and I believe he could play LB quite well until traore is ready he would at least be better than flamini and hoyte at LB

Latest posts+

Top Bottom