• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hatem Trabelsi

nosneb

fair enuf AFGC7... ah well, if we do end up getting trabelsi, as long as he fits into the team and doesnt mess up our flow... im all for it! :D

hmm.. just checked him out in CM 03-04.. doesnt seem tat good? ah wat the hell.. bloody computer games.. hehe ;D

btw, just saw man yoo get knocked out of the champs league this morning b4 going to class.. wat can i say... IM ECSTATIC! woke everyone else in me house up.. hehe.. :twisted:

Sigun

Arsenal happy to wait for Ajax fullback Trabelsi
tribalfootball.com - May 3, 2004

Arsenal are waiting on Hatem Trabelsi to win a release from his Ajax contract.
The Tunisia international is taking Ajax to court over a clause in his deal which allows his club to extend his current contract another two years.

The News of the World says Arsenal are favourites to land Trabelsi, but will not move for the defender unless he becomes available on a Bosman.

I know its tribal bullshit, but still a rumour and worth a reply

arsenal4life

omar basha said:
i wouldn't really want him, as said before he is a finished article. he is a very good player, but not too much better than lauren, so i think if arsenal want to really buy someone then an attacking midielder or a CB

what is this

do you watch him before

I don't think that at all

I rate him the best RB in the world now
with Sagnol and Zanetti

OF COURSE he's too much better than Lauren
he's better by miles

GET HIM Arsène PLEASEEEEEEE

thegreatbriton

Can't see it happening.

1. Ralph is a fixture in the side, and rightly so.

2. This guy had a sort of Anelka argument, but worse, with Ajax. Those sort of players are trouble.

3. If he is the world's best right back then why would he play second fiddle to Ralph ?

But for sheer talent it might be worth a punt at £4 million....................

A

Anonymous

Very interesting.

We do need cover for right back, depending on how Hoyte comes on.

But this guy is going to want first team football. Ralph was excellent for the most part and Wenger wont drop him - he is very loyal to his players. He is not going to want to sit on the bench.

This money could be better spent imo.

patrick42uk

Established Member
apparantly its 3 million. wenger goes for slightly more defensive players at right mid. could lauren move up there? i think he would do well there.

Eastrek

Where would this leave Justin Hoyte if it were to happen. And also.... Wenger is normally concerned about Lauren leaving for the African Nations cup in January, so why would he sign another African as cover :shock:

Aussie

Established Member
Lauren was great all season and from memory had one bad game which was against Sp**s at Highbury. Lauren deserves his place in the Arsenal line up and there is no reason for any changes. I cant see either of them putting there hand up to sit on the bench either. Doubt it.

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
apparantly its 3 million. wenger goes for slightly more defensive players at right mid. could lauren move up there? i think he would do well there.

Great point, didnt think of that.

We do NEED another right midfeilder imo. I remember ralph playing right mid against Fulham a few years back and was excellent. And we did buy him as a right mid didnt anyway didnt we?

I does seem as if we have signed this guy aswell now.

JazzG

Established Member
Good signing if true, seen him a few times for Ajax and been impressed everytime I've seen him. Good in attack and defense. We should always be looking to improve, in the past it has cost us. Lauren has been solid but thats it tbh, he is a solid player but if we can bring in someone better for cheap I am all for it.

Good point patrick brings up as well, however I don't think we have any proper proven attacking right winger for Wenger to use so maybe we have to use the more defensive players in our squad there.

thegreatbriton said:
2. This guy had a sort of Anelka argument, but worse, with Ajax. Those sort of players are trouble.

His arguement was about a clause in his contract. He thinks Ajax put it in without him knowing so he wanted to take it out, Ajax obviously don't wanna lose him for free. Because of this arguement it would be hard for him to play for Ajax again. Anelka wanted more money and sulked his way into getting a move, big difference....

Aussie

Established Member
Sol said:
patrick42uk said:

Great point, didnt think of that.

We do NEED another right midfeilder imo. I remember ralph playing right mid against Fulham a few years back and was excellent. And we did buy him as a right mid didnt anyway didnt we?

I does seem as if we have signed this guy aswell now.

He has played RM for Cameroon.

JazzG

Established Member
RM was his normal position before he came to Arsenal. I think he could do a good job for us there, he has had a lot of unfair criticism in the past but he has done well for us, however Trabelsi from what I've seen is better so I'd like to see him join us.

Hopefully would make our right side more of a threat as well because usually all our goals come from our left.

ste

Trabelsi is an excellent player, his defensive technique is brilliant. Then again Bison has been outstanding the past two seasons getting into the pfa select which was well deserved. Im in two minds over this one but like a couple of you guys have said Bison is naturally a right midfielder, Wenger knows what he is doing whatever happens!

Top Bottom