• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Like I said in the summer repeatedly, we absolutely had to sign a RB. We were committing **** by not doing so.

Forget that Bellerin isn't really all that great himself but his injuries were a sure sign we were going into the season with a massive risk.
Agree. I also had a serious competitor for Bellerin on my wishlist for last summer. Since we didn't really have anyone to fall back on if Bellerin was not up to scratch.

I actually thought Bellerin was quite important for our setup until his injury. He hasn't really impressed since coming back, but I didn't expect too much. Perhaps he's been worse than my low expectations, but this period could have done him good.

My prefered situation would be to buy a serious competitor this summer. Bogle seems very good for that purpose. I really wouldn't know who we could buy for a reasonable fee who could slot in immediately (other than Hakimi, who's a pipedream). I don't rate Dest and Dumfries that much, Atal had the same injury as Bellerin, Pereira at Leicester is too expensive.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Agree. I also had a serious competitor for Bellerin on my wishlist for last summer. Since we didn't really have anyone to fall back on if Bellerin was not up to scratch.

I actually thought Bellerin was quite important for our setup until his injury. He hasn't really impressed since coming back, but I didn't expect too much. Perhaps he's been worse than my low expectations, but this period could have done him good.

My prefered situation would be to buy a serious competitor this summer. Bogle seems very good for that purpose. I really wouldn't know who we could buy for a reasonable fee who could slot in immediately (other than Hakimi, who's a pipedream). I don't rate Dest and Dumfries that much, Atal had the same injury as Bellerin, Pereira at Leicester is too expensive.
Yeah, Bogle or Aarons are my preference as I feel we need some more English talents at the club. Atal I like a lot too and have been wishlisting numerous times. Ideally, if we got good money, I'd sell Bellerin and sign one of Bogle or Aarons along with getting Meunuer on a free or a two year loan for one of the Real Madrid or Barcelona RBs they're over crowded with.

Maybe, we could sign Bogle or Aarons for cheap given the current circumstances. And honestly, I don't see why Raul couldn't deal with both RB+LB holes with two loan deals from RM and Barca. That's like a sure shot improvement on quality as well as quantity for two seasons without spending too much.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I love this guy and hope he can find his best form consistently. His best game is very good and he embodies all the class of the old guard that made us a top club.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My problem with Hector is that it doesn't seem like he's improved all that much as a player since his breakout year. I think for a spell at the beginning of the 18/19 he was contributing quite a lot so if he can get somewhat back to that level it'll be a huge positive. Even so you don't feel that he's improved his crossing which is something I feel he really should looking to get better at. Does he have the desire tho to put in the extra work needed to improve that aspect of the game? It's something I'd question tbh.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Bellerin is the last Arsenal player to be voted into the PFA team of the year awards. That was in the 15/16 season. Just kinda shows at one point Bellerin was highly highly rated. Maybe he will get back to that point one season but I also think his position has undergo a significant change that no one anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom