• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I saw just 10 minutes of the game and I saw him receive the ball 3 or 4 times and every time his body shape was wrong. Always afraid to be pressed, so he received the ball with his back to the opposition's half, leaving a pass back to Mustafi as the only option. Read he only passed to Pepe twice yesterday. Tierney found Saka 12 times and Auba 4 times...

I'm not one for finding excuses for players, but that makes it very hard for Pepe to do anything. I also don't understand this inverted RB tactic of Arteta, but that might just be me. Seemed logical to apply to AMN, but Bellerin is supposed to be an overlapping RB.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He’s never been good really, always one of those potential guys. I wish he’d practice crossing as much as he did on PR, I reckon if being an influencer paid as well as football he’d switch careers.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I saw just 10 minutes of the game and I saw him receive the ball 3 or 4 times and every time his body shape was wrong. Always afraid to be pressed, so he received the ball with his back to the opposition's half, leaving a pass back to Mustafi as the only option. Read he only passed to Pepe twice yesterday. Tierney found Saka 12 times and Auba 4 times...

I'm not one for finding excuses for players, but that makes it very hard for Pepe to do anything. I also don't understand this inverted RB tactic of Arteta, but that might just be me. Seemed logical to apply to AMN, but Bellerin is supposed to be an overlapping RB.

Not fair to compare Tierney and Bellerin yesterday cause one was playing wingback, other one was a Lcb.
Bellerin also was never a natural overlapping fullback (people wanted to see him as one cause of the pace), so this is Mikel doing right thing here.

having said that, Hector was our poorest player yesterday alongside Dani

jato

He had really bad game yesterday, his passing was way off. Never clicked with Pepe and he was always out of position.

Look at the first half and he is so out of position that he has to sprint back multiple times in our own half because his man is already passed him in lots of space.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
His passing actually improved prior to his injury - he was one of the few guys who developed under Emery - but its been poor since his return. As I've said before, next season is the time to draw conclusions

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
His passing actually improved prior to his injury - he was one of the few guys who developed under Emery - but its been poor since his return. As I've said before, next season is the time to draw conclusions

**** what? Next season? This guy has been miserable for years now and is not going to become great just like that. Needs to be sold while we can.

This club has been carrying such leeches for far too long.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
**** what? Next season? This guy has been miserable for years now and is not going to become great just like that. Needs to be sold while we can.

This club has been carrying such leeches for far too long.

Seriously? You think Bellerin is a leech? You may not rate him, but what about his conduct suggests unprofessionalism or abusing the club?

Or is it the oft repeated nonsense that if a player has interests outside of football, he can't possibly be committed enough to his football, ignoring the fact that footballers have a massive amount of free time and half of them just watch netflix or play Call of Duty.

Despite previous dips Bellerin was very good just before his injury. Much better than what we are seeing now. Surely as a homegrown talent (dems da rules) we can afford him a few more months to see if he re-find his better form.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Seriously? You think Bellerin is a leech? You may not rate him, but what about his conduct suggests unprofessionalism or abusing the club?

Or is it the oft repeated nonsense that if a player has interests outside of football, he can't possibly be committed enough to his football, ignoring the fact that footballers have a massive amount of free time and half of them just watch netflix or play Call of Duty.

Despite previous dips Bellerin was very good just before his injury. Much better than what we are seeing now. Surely as a homegrown talent (dems da rules) we can afford him a few more months to see if he re-find his better form.

Your whole argument is flawed mate. Nobody criticizes Bellerin for his commitment or interests outside of football. I don't give a **** of what he does outside of the club. My main problem with him is his on pitch performances and that is what he is paid for. He hasn't performed for the best part of last 3-4 years and nobody is interested in giving him due time to find his form back as it is painfully clear that he is ****.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Your whole argument is flawed mate. Nobody criticizes Bellerin for his commitment or interests outside of football. I don't give a **** of what he does outside of the club. My main problem with him is his on pitch performances and that is what he is paid for. He hasn't performed for the best part of last 3-4 years and nobody is interested in giving him due time to find his form back as it is painfully clear that he is ****.
Ok. Sorry for conflating you with other expressed opinions suggesting his other interests are damaging his career. Seen that a lot recently and its stupidity drives me nuts.

I think you are misjudging some of his performances. I thought he was really very good under Emery pre-injury and his passing was much improved. I'd say his career for Arsenal has been about equal really strong play and rather unconvincing play.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pepe must hate playing with him.

Bellerin won't be at his best till next season anyway, we know how players almost need another season after returning from an ACL injury.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Bellerin deserves time, coming back from such a big injury. But his form is a big worry. We have so many other issues to adress that I don`t think we`ll bring in a another right back though but instead hope that Bellerin can regain some form or that Soares can do a competent job.

Manberg

Predator
He did have a noticeably poor game but I think his decline can be put down to always having to recover from bad injuries.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Disappointing from him last night, always thought he was comfortable on the ball (pre-injury), he might have a longer road to recovery than we hoped.

LG10

Let's be honest before the injury he was very good going forward got lot if assists defensively was still shaky and after injury everything got worse
That was all cut backs which isn’t a bad thing but you expect a full back to be able to pass the ball and make nice crosses occasionally

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Apart from a well timed tackle in the box on 40 minutes, he was poor yesterday. He seems to be taking care in his movements and his body shape is very square. He doesn't pass to Pepe but by the same token, Pepe hasn't always tracked back. He's playing very, very safe and badly.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This guy is in the same boat with Laca.

Going on long term injuries then returning to become ****e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom