• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Pace was his main asset. Not the time to make him captain in my opinion. Although he is our only right back. And he is a class act. As long as he focuses on football and not his modeling career.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully we get to see what he can do down our right flank today. One thing though I think Emery should look at is how him and Tierney could link up.

I don’t think Bellerin’s future is at RB, his pace and good decision making should be used further up the pitch. If we played him as a left winger, we could let him cut in.

Send Tierney around the outside firing in crosses and let Heçcy cut into positions that Bale used to do for Sp**s and let him cause havoc as they’re both very similar players.

I think this year or next he’ll hit that Bale final season at Sp**s level, his pace and decision making is up there, only has to add the goals but I think they’ll come.

Our front line would look like peak Bayern, with Heçcy and Pepe playing the Robbery roles, we’d have to sell Auba though as he’s not much of a linker or hold up type player like Mandzukic was. Maybe look to move him on and bring in a workhorse like a Calvert-Lewin or Benzema who’s a better all round player.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People only want Bellerin as captain because he’s soft lmao he’s shown no leaderhsip skills.

Have to agree with this, I've never really saw these famed leadership skills he's supposed to have. He comes across as a nice lad, but captain? I'm not so sure about that. Is he someone the other players are gonna listen to, look up to, even take seriously? I mean we all remember when Özil was telling him to shut up saying he talked too much. If even Özil one of the less vocal members of the squad doesn't take him seriously then what does that say about the rest of them? I honestly feel he lacks something.

He's possibly good to have representing the club in the media and stuff like that, but it doesn't mean he should be captain.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Hopefully we get to see what he can do down our right flank today. One thing though I think Emery should look at is how him and Tierney could link up.

I don’t think Bellerin’s future is at RB, his pace and good decision making should be used further up the pitch. If we played him as a left winger, we could let him cut in.

Send Tierney around the outside firing in crosses and let Heçcy cut into positions that Bale used to do for Sp**s and let him cause havoc as they’re both very similar players.

I think this year or next he’ll hit that Bale final season at Sp**s level, his pace and decision making is up there, only has to add the goals but I think they’ll come.

Our front line would look like peak Bayern, with Heçcy and Pepe playing the Robbery roles, we’d have to sell Auba though as he’s not much of a linker or hold up type player like Mandzukic was. Maybe look to move him on and bring in a workhorse like a Calvert-Lewin or Benzema who’s a better all round player.

You still drunk mate?

LG10

This is the worst take I’ve seen on here. The guy can barely kick a football and you’re comparing him to prime Bale ffs

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Does anybody expects this guy to return to his previous best? Looks a Championship player at best currently. I think he should either take a couple of months with reserves and easier EL games before he starts again in PL. I don't see any pace in him and his passing/touch is completely off

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I’m normally in agreement with you but this has me stumped

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I was watching Bellerin at times last night and wondering if he's still not completely comfortable on the running side of things. Do have to wonder how much that injury impacted on him mentally.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Physically he’s not close to pre-injury levels.. Wonder if he’ll regain that or if this is the new norm now.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Physically he’s not close to pre-injury levels.. Wonder if he’ll regain that or if this is the new norm now.

He won’t be back fully fit for at least a year. Those ACL injuries are no joke and it takes a long time to come back from it.

We need a RB can’t be playing Bellerin every game like we did before. He should be eased back in not given 90 mins every week.

mpower2540

Captain Bellerin :rofl: More a spiritual leader, I think. Can see him handing out leaflets for some good cause like ‘save the lesbian seagull’ at half time. Like some vegan footballing Gandhi.
:lol::lol: He’d probably be leading a mindfulness session at HT when we’re 2-0 down and Rob Holding can put on a few slow jams.

In all seriousness though, what has happened to our player development? This guy looked like an absolute dynamo when he first came into the team and even before the injury he was becoming less and less impressive. Genuinely baffles me!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
:lol::lol: He’d probably be leading a mindfulness session at HT when we’re 2-0 down and Rob Holding can put on a few slow jams.

In all seriousness though, what has happened to our player development? This guy looked like an absolute dynamo when he first came into the team and even before the injury he was becoming less and less impressive. Genuinely baffles me!
Some players just don't have a very high ceiling. Not sure why many thought he was going to be this world beater. His defensive capabilities have always been questionable. Only thing whih has vastly improved is his crossing ability.

mpower2540

Some players just don't have a very high ceiling. Not sure why many thought he was going to be this world beater. His defensive capabilities have always been questionable. Only thing whih has vastly improved is his crossing ability.
True, but he was so explosive! I remember the assist against Bayern when he was so aggressive to win the ball and drive forward to assist the winner. Players like Ox never seemed to get any better, Wilshere (more injury related), Iwobi looked really promising then never kicked on. We’re not the only club that experiences this but I can’t remember the last guy that came into Arsenal and actually grew/got better as a player

I look at our young players now and there’s lots of promise there but I’m not particularly faithful that they’re going to be allowed to deliver on their talents.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
True, but he was so explosive! I remember the assist against Bayern when he was so aggressive to win the ball and drive forward to assist the winner. Players like Ox never seemed to get any better, Wilshere (more injury related), Iwobi looked really promising then never kicked on. We’re not the only club that experiences this but I can’t remember the last guy that came into Arsenal and actually grew/got better as a player

I look at our young players now and there’s lots of promise there but I’m not particularly faithful that they’re going to be allowed to deliver on their talents.
Good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom