• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

A good thing. Given our selling habits PSG would offer £25M and we'd somehow end up selling him for £5M.

Edit: He was good today, first assist was excellent, the second was all Pepe but still an assist.

African Flair

Shocker he didn't perform. Blow his knee, team is ****ed under Emery and nobody has a clue what's going on. Getting loads of hate from his own fans for struggling after being out a year, how he dress, his hair cut, his dishes ect. Could totally see why he wanted to sodd off but I'm glad he's committed.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
It's not about the team being ****ed or don't know what to do. You still expect to see a minimum level in an individual player, like what we're getting with Auba or even Gabriel (though early days).

Bellerin has been awful, despite his two assists.

akhil

It's not about the team being ****ed or don't know what to do. You still expect to see a minimum level in an individual player, like what we're getting with Auba or even Gabriel (though early days).

Bellerin has been awful, despite his two assists.

Neither of those 2 are coming back from an ACL. He was in his best form just before his injury. This whole team looks rubbish in an attacking sense with the state of our midfield.

He's not a liability defensively anymore, actually pretty solid now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The difference in opinions in this thread is wild.

It must come down to a difference in expectations.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
It's because Arsenal cannot produce anything from right as he doesn't have confidence to go forward. Most of passes he made were backward or to the side. I compare Bellerin to KT and I am very sad with Bellerin because I can see Saka has more contribution in games than Pepe and William as he gets more support from KT.

I am still wondering what he is best at? He is not great in defense. Just look how he lost the ball in the very end of the game. He is also not good in attack.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Neither of those 2 are coming back from an ACL. He was in his best form just before his injury. This whole team looks rubbish in an attacking sense with the state of our midfield.

He's not a liability defensively anymore, actually pretty solid now.

No he is not. Rewatch the game and focus solely on him. Not good enough, and it has nothing to do with his ACL.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
No?

His runs and overloading that right side is what created our much needed goals.

Tierney was getting into the area and placing harmless crosses into Nketiah. Bellerin was far more threatening today.

All he did was pass the ball back when he had it most of the time.. As he does usually.

He gave a good cross to Saka for the first goal but Pepe had it all to do with his so called second assist. Bellerin was not threatening at all and his positioning defensively was questionable too.

Manberg

Predator
All he did was pass the ball back when he had it most of the time.. As he does usually.

He gave a good cross to Saka for the first goal but Pepe had it all to do with his so called second assist. Bellerin was not threatening at all and his positioning defensively was questionable too.

Bellerin was taking players on, dribbling, passing, drawing out defenders and providing creativity. It’s what we needed. Key to our victory today. Arteta heaping praise on Bellerin post game is no coincidence.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Bellerin was taking players on, dribbling, passing, drawing out defenders and providing creativity. It’s what we needed. Key to our victory today. Arteta heaping praise on Bellerin post game is no coincidence.

I know you mean well but no, just no. Bellerin is ****. Arteta saying he's doing so well in training and he's committed is the right thing to say.

Hector is average, nobody would care if he was Sheffields RB. Then he'd just be the average Joe doing his job and nobody would want him for Arsenal. Look at it that way.

Manberg

Predator
I know you mean well but no, just no. Bellerin is ****. Arteta saying he's doing so well in training and he's committed is the right thing to say.

Hector is average, nobody would care if he was Sheffields RB. Then he'd just be the average Joe doing his job and nobody would want him for Arsenal. Look at it that way.

Bellerin is one of the best right backs in the league. Was voted PFA’s right back of the season a few years ago. Setbacks due to some injuries does not change that. No coincidence that PSG and Bayern wanted him. But he decided to stay.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The difference in opinions in this thread is wild.

It must come down to a difference in expectations.
If the player is fulfilling peoples expectations, but their expectations of him aren’t very high, then... I dunno what to say. I thought we were trying to reach as high as we can. Is Hector good enough to be part of that? That’s probably nearer the question we should be trying to answer. Praise for his contribution on the day is fine, but the comments will vary between that and whether he is the man in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom