• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Would be happy with either Aarons or Bogle.
Same on the left side with Reguillon or another similar alternative.

My reasoning here is that the FB is just such a purely physically demanding position to play in today's game, would love to preserve both Hector and Tierney, whilst also getting alternatives in terms of young, offensive FBs who we can employ against sides that will defend against us.

I see us coming in a situation where if we cut ourselves short on such a position, we end up in a bind like F1 drivers who squeeze every ounce of their tires, that 's how the game is on the FB.
Yeah I agree actually. I would like full-backs who are better dribblers on both sides. Don't think they need to be playmakers like Trent but to have an extra attacking element in those areas would be excellent. Reguillon is a good player but I think we could probably be a bit more creative than to target him. We're pretty solid in the full-back area right now, I think our back-ups should be prospects who can potentially challenge.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
:lol:

Mate, you were wrong about Whyte and now you're spouting rubbish again about Bellerin. Get a grip already. :lol:

Where was I wrong about Whyte? I called povetkin vs Whyte a 50/50 maybe slight edge Whyte if that.

Bellerin how am I proven wrong? Because of a cross in one match?

Many posters don't rate Bellerin on AM because they judge him in performances not his social media content. Bellerin has worse positional awareness than Andre Santos (but at least Santos was good going forward) and in the past 3 seasons he had less 5 decent peformances whilst he has been poor in abour 50 plus matches.

Just look at level of peformances that AMN, Chambers, Sokratis and Kola have produced at full back. All of which levels above Bellerin and far better defensively. Nevermind comparing Bellerin to someone the level of Tierney.

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

@Mitch's mentions after Heccy's upcoming season...

giphy.gif

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Reminds me of the time when Song was in his final season with us overhitting every pass with his head down and 90% of them going out of possesion or straight to the opposition. Also when Diaby would just lose possession every time he was on the ball and offf the ball he would just stand there ball watching chewing like a cow grazing. My mates thought " his not great but he's not that bad". I sat with them pointing out every time Diaby would do these things then soon they were like " I didn't realise he was that bad" and they were unable unsee all Diabys and Songs errors from then on.

Back in the day of the lobby I actually started mentioning and pointing out every time Diaby would do his usual stuff. Quite soon a lot of the lobby posters changed their opinion on Diaby and realised just how bad he was. I was shortly promoted to main forum.

Might have to do something similar in match thread for every time Bellerin is caught out of position, when opposition look to exploit the acres of space left behind Bellerin, when Bellerin fails to produce the obvious supporting run, every missee passed and every wasted cross.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe it was about 6 years ago that he broke into the team, where does the time go really...

...if he does leave before the window shuts, he has been a good servant for The Arsenal.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Can't believe it was about 6 years ago that he broke into the team, where does the time go really...

...if he does leave before the window shuts, he has been a good servant for The Arsenal.
He’s definitely regressed. Physically and just all round really.

Nowhere near as bad as Mitch or others make out mind you.

:lol: f*cking Giroud missing some of those tap ins. I’m glad I tuned out during that period tbh just got tired of Wenger and the whole set up.

Funny enough, Bellerin was regularly linked with moves away back when he was good.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He’s definitely regressed. Physically and just all round really.

Nowhere near as bad as Mitch or others make out mind you.

:lol: f*cking Giroud missing some of those tap ins. I’m glad I tuned out during that period tbh just got tired of Wenger and the whole set up.

Funny enough, Bellerin was regularly linked with moves away back when he was good.

I quite liked that period tbf, but it was frustrating...that missed header v Stoke in that vid is disgraceful from Giroud really :lol:

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I quite liked that period tbf, but it was frustrating...that missed header v Stoke in that vid is terrible from Giroud ffs :lol:
I’ve hated every team since we’ve moved to the Emirates tbh. Just can’t relate to them and have always come off a bit wimpy bar a couple individuals.

I’ve only started enjoying things again since Lacazette and Aubameyang joined, they just have something about them. Looks like they enjoy being here and I haven’t seen a togetherness (publicly) since the invincibles really.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I’ve hated every team since we’ve moved to the Emirates tbh. Just can’t relate to them and have always come off a bit wimpy bar a couple individuals.

I’ve only started enjoying things again since Lacazette and Aubameyang joined, they just have something about them. Looks like they enjoy being here and I haven’t seen a togetherness (publicly) since the invincibles really.

I agree with the first part but the second part I don't. I always found Laca/Auba relationship to be a bit corny and forced. Never want to see Lacazette do that sus dance again.

Although I do agree with never warming to the sissy teams Arsène use to build, went from Vieira and Gilberto the Flamini and Hleb smh.

Manberg

Predator
Love Bellerin. His passions and desires for green sustainability are a shining example to all role models.

Reactions: roz

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Hector Bellerin was one of my first favourites for the Arsenal, he's got great passion for the club but all good things must come to an end, if we get good money for him & will help us get Partey or Aouar then so be it, we need a CM more then a RB, we've got AMN & Cedric to take that spot for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom