• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

He has such huge offensive potential imo, keeps getting into good positions, if he can make it count more often he'll be devastating..

I always harp on about how much better we’d be as a team if Bellerin improved going forward. Love that he’s utilising cutbacks more as opposed to his mediocre crossing.

I think Bellerin is a really likeable lad who you’d be desperate to come good. He has all the tools to be THE best full back in Europe. He just needs to piece it together.

FWIW, he seems a lot better at RB than RWB.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
What a disaster, when it comes to defending. His positioning is outright awful. I really don’t care how well he’s developed his offensive game, when he can’t do his most important job, which is defending.

Best full back talent in the country! Will only get better from now on! Offensive and defensive he is super talent. Can become monster with right coach and if he wants it enough.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The rumours are that Barca will tempt us with Dembele to get him. I think he can be improved defensively but not since Cesc have I seen a young player come into the team,stay fit and perform fairly well. He's done this having been horribly exposed and overplayed. I just can't dislike the lad.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
The rumours are that Barca will tempt us with Dembele to get him. I think he can be improved defensively but not since Cesc have I seen a young player come into the team,stay fit and perform fairly well. He's done this having been horribly exposed and overplayed. I just can't dislike the lad.
Would take that swap in an instant, but can't see them giving up on him so quickly.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I want to like him, and I was a big fan but I'm not sure what he offers now having regressed since his early days. He's terrible defensively and doesn't offer enough attacking wise to ignore that flaw.

If we don't sell him, at least we need to sign a really good RB to challenge him. Not a youngster, not a CB who can play RB, not a veteran, a really good RB.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He's terrible defensively and doesn't offer enough attacking wise to ignore that flaw.

Agree. An assist against CSKA is nice, but can't really mask his regression in the final third and during build up from the back. His passing ranges from conservative to useless to outright dangerous. Even if he overlaps, he's mostly involved far too late to quickly brake towards the line with his pace or provide some dangerous width. He'll mostly just pass it back to the centre or try to somehow combine with his winger. On top of that he's been an absolute liability in defense. He got far too easily skinned by Musa against CSKA.

Overall, it feels like his head has become too slow. That accounts for his defensive sloppiness as well as his failure to be really incisive in the final third. There's nothing sudden or electric about his game anymore and he's too average regarding basics like crossing and passing and defensive positioning, right now.

There's still a player in there, but I don't know hot to get that out of him. Maybe some nice competition will do the trick - after all he's been a guaranteed starter for so long now, no matter how he plays.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Misses so much from not having someone down the wing with him...

Until we fix this narrow shape we're in, I don't think will see much improvement.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Have a huge respect for him this season.
Incredible how fit he is and how many games he is playing. Nearly no breaks for him, good that Wenger subbed him off today.

Poor management not to have a RB-Backup in the squad. I think that Bellerins performances would be much better if he would have pressure on this position. So he knows, that he will play every game anyway. Defensively it's quite good, haven't had an easy job with Nelson today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom